How much should I worry about the CVT?

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I had a 2017 ext CVT and traded up to a 2019 Si. I was extremely bothered by the rubber band feeling take off that featured zero torque. Honda put in "fake" gears to simulate a typical automatic transmission? Really? That's BS ... Try the frog legs ... they "taste like chicken" ... Augh man ... I hated the heck out of all of it. I would get a stiff right leg trying to hold down the totally unresponsive throttle response. When I got board enough I mashed the pedal to the floor and ... took on a few more grey hairs before it took off and took off it did! I found it to be a deal breaker for sure regardless of reliability.
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2017 ext CVT and traded up to a 2019 Si. I was extremely bothered by the rubber band feeling take off that featured zero torque.
I'm tuned now but even before I was, I never felt like my turbo/CVT car had zero torque down low.

Bosco72

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe sport
Country flag
I can't believe that theses new transmission can't handle at least 25 to 50 more hp.i feel bad for the young kids with these new cars.we use to throw nitrous in our trans am, camaro and mustangs and the auto trans held up.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I had a lancer with a CVT before this (totaled it). It was at 78k miles with zero issues, and I'm sure if i hadn't totaled it, i could have got at least double that out of it. I honestly expect the CVT to be 200k miles on the civic without issues. Most cvt's with the exception of saturn and nissan have been doing just fine for quite some time.
Sponsored