How much Psi can the stock clutch handle?

fk7hatchbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Hi everyone I’m new to the k tuner scene and I was just curious to know if any of you know how much psi the stock clutch can handle. On sport mode I have it on 21 psi and Econ mode I selected 18. I drive a sport hatch. I plan on getting a six puck clutch soon
Sponsored

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
you should talk about nm / lb and rpm,
not the turbo pressure

The torque slips the clutch, but 300 nm at 2000 rpm are different from 300 nm to 3500 rpm

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is not really a PSI limit. What the clutch can handle will heavily depend on your driving style, in addition to vehicle mods. My advice is to run whatever boost level you are comfortable with, and keep an eye out for clutch slippage. If you do see some, (unlikely on a base map) adjust either the power levels or your driving style.

OP
OP

fk7hatchbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is not really a PSI limit. What the clutch can handle will heavily depend on your driving style, in addition to vehicle mods. My advice is to run whatever boost level you are comfortable with, and keep an eye out for clutch slippage. If you do see some, (unlikely on a base map) adjust either the power levels or your driving style.
Got cha makes sense I’m asking you guys because I’m new to all this stuff never had a turbo car before. I really want to learn all I can. What do you mean power levels? Can you be a bit more specific my apologies if I’m not understanding just want to learn and make sure I have an idea what your talking about. Thanks

OP
OP

fk7hatchbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you should talk about nm / lb and rpm,
not the turbo pressure

The torque slips the clutch, but 300 nm at 2000 rpm are different from 300 nm to 3500 rpm
What exactly is nm? I’m new to this ever had a turbo car. Can you better explain that for me? I’d really appreciate it.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi everyone I’m new to the k tuner scene and I was just curious to know if any of you know how much psi the stock clutch can handle. On sport mode I have it on 21 psi and Econ mode I selected 18. I drive a sport hatch. I plan on getting a six puck clutch soon
As been stated it's not a matter of boost. From what I've found speaking with other tuners is the stock clutch is good to about 240ish ft lb, give or take 10 depending how you drive it and miles on it

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah it's all about the torque numbers. I am on stock clutch and run a max 25psi
Sponsored