How much noise is to be expected with Eibach Pro-Kit?

South86

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Coupe, 2019 Acura ILX A-Spec, 2013 Ram 1500 SLT
Country flag
Damn t
Yep. A few times. Been to a shop twice and dealership once. It's the springs rubbing on themselves.
Damn that sucks. Hopefully mine aren't having the same issue.
Sponsored

Imnotorginal

First Name
AO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
So there are a few common things to lookout for in troubleshooting this issue:

• Make sure your strut is seated all the way into the suspension knuckle. The slightest gap will cause bumping noises at all speeds.
  • Make sure the nut at the top of your strut is tightened as far as it can go. I used my Kobalt 1/2inch impact wrench for this without any issues. Supposedly it maxes out at 150ft/lbs of torque.
  • Tighten the nut holding your sway bar stabilizer to spec. Sometimes the nut spins, you can stick an allen wrench in the center to hold it while you tighten the nut with a crescent wrench.
  • Make sure both ends of springs are as far as they will go in the rubber seats at the top and bottom of the strut. Maybe throw a little grease on the rubber so that things dont stick.
I did all of this and still had popping noises at very low speeds. It turns out that the top of the springs are rubbing. Specifically on the passenger side for me. I bought Tien spring silencers on ebay for $6 to fix the popping sounds. Yes, Eibach Pro kits already come with a rubber insulator on them. Im not sure about everyone else, but the insulators on my spring were placed with about 2-3 inches between the end of the spring and the start of the silencer. I installed the Tien spring silencer as close as I could to the top of the spring and wrapped it over the Eibach insulator. I did this without taking the strut off the car, or taking a wheel off. The difference is night and day. Its not 100% perfect, but I would say its 95-98% successful. Finally, I am enjoying a lowered car without any of the noise. I imagine if I took the strut out and placed the silencer or insulator all the way to the top of the spring, I would reduce the noise to near 0.

This is the Tien spring silencer I purchased ( I purchased the large size).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tein-Suspension-Large-Spring-Silencer-Rubber-130mm-Up-Diameter-Pair/154075134882?epid=10017011003&hash=item23df97fba2:g:BKAAAOSwXGtZnOlw

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring coupe
Country flag
Do all the pro kit springs make noise in just the front? Only seen this thread for pro kit problems. Debating on getting the pro kit or whiteline springs.

Last edited:

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
I installed my Pro-kit springs last July and do not have any noises/issues at all.

Connorsrandom

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I installed my eibach pro kit springs on my 2020 Si this past weekend and have been noticing a considerable amount of suspension noise that I wasn’t hearing before.

I knew there would be some compromise I would have to make in ride quality and noises, but I’m worried that what I’m hearing is outside the standard range of what I should be expecting. Now I’m wondering if I didn’t do something correctly during the process of putting my strut assembly back together after swapping out the springs or when I installed the assembly back on the car which could be causing the noise.

In Eibach’s instructions they say to make sure the upper perch and lower perch of the strut assembly are lined up correctly but I don’t know how you can misalign them when there’s only one way it can mount up.

The noises I’m hearing:
  • Creaking at really slow speeds when turning my wheel or on uneven ground, like backing out of my driveway
  • Loud clunks and thumps is when hitting bumps and small pot holes at normal driving speeds
  • Mild noise when hitting slightly imperfect road at slowish speeds, like small lines in the road at up to 25ish mph.
Is all of this normal noise that is expected when installing lowering springs? It’s been a couple days and I figured that maybe they needed to settle a little, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

If it’s not normal, what is likely to be the culprit? Is there anything I can do to subdue the noise?

Any help would be appreciated!
Mine makes similar noises. Had an alignment done right after I was done but cant seem to figure out the source of the noise.

Imnotorginal

First Name
AO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
When you get them working, the Pro-Kit ride great. Not too harsh in normal mode, and stiffens up nicely in sport mode.

I spoke to Eibach's support team. They offered a solution that worked pretty good, and at the same time, offered to send some replacement springs to be completely sure. Waiting on those to arrive by the end of next week. They were really easy to work with.

bytatto

First Name
şahin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FC5 2020
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had an eibach pro kit installed last week.
Strange noises were coming from the left front wheel.
It was as if metal was hitting metal. I took him back. The wheel has not tightened the screws of the suspension swingarm.
Now the problem is solved.
I'm happy
Honda Civic 10th gen How much noise is to be expected with Eibach Pro-Kit? Control Arm Ball.PNG

ilyarti_fa5_fk8

First Name
Ilya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FA5, FK8
Country flag
Car is FK8. I'm pretty sure that this noise is from scratching the body by the spring. Especially if you push the camber to minus on the top mounts. I checked mine with the wheel off and it looks that the spring touches the body near the sealant seam. So the spring is too wide....they work cool on track and street but this noise.....uh.....loud clicks when jumping on the track endings

Honda Civic 10th gen How much noise is to be expected with Eibach Pro-Kit? 1622541705987

Last edited:

Corey2k8g

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
In my experience. I took out that tab on the top hat to apply camber. Then the springs rubbed considerably on the body of the car at slow speeds. Put my camber straight and it went away. It just started doing it again however on occasion. ?‍♂

djsalty

First Name
Gábor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic 1.5T Hatchback Sport Plus
Country flag
Hi everyone. I'm thinking about getting the Pro kit myself but I'm hesitating because the different comments about it. I don't know that it has to do with anything, but seems to me that all the comment about the noise in this thread is from people who has a Civic SI and comments with no problem at all from people with Civic Hatchback. Got me thinking, maybe the Pro kit is only "defective" with the SI Civic?

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Hi everyone. I'm thinking about getting the Pro kit myself but I'm hesitating because the different comments about it. I don't know that it has to do with anything, but seems to me that all the comment about the noise in this thread is from people who has a Civic SI and comments with no problem at all from people with Civic Hatchback. Got me thinking, maybe the Pro kit is only "defective" with the SI Civic?
I have no real issues with prokit on my hatchback. Just a little squeaking, I’m assuming from the suspension being a little stiffer, and kind of amplifying body/chassis flex?

had swift springs installed on my si yesterday, and haven’t noticed any noise, and they actually ride really nice so far.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@si_well these noises are likely due to improper/incomplete installation.
also, not sure if this will be of ANY help due to the time delay, but for anyone else needing help i'll still leave my two cents.
knocks or clunks when going over bumps are usually due to the sway bar end link nut not being tight enough. you sometimes have to get in there with a strong impact or use a 5mm hex key with a wrench to get it torqued down.
same issue with the top hats. it's just a matter of luck if you can get the nut to bottom out with a socket/impact. if you can't, you'll have to use a hex key through a socket to tighten the nut. it's a nylock nut i'm pretty sure, so it won't be too difficult, only time consuming. that nut has to be threaded on to the point where it stops moving, i.e at the bottom of the thread.
creaks i can only assume come from the rubber feet you swap over to the new springs not being seated properly, either in the strut itself or on the spring alone. properly installed, the spring should be fully seated in both top and bottom feet, and the bottom rubber piece has little nubs that have to go into their respective holes on the strut.
other than that, i see no other issues besides maybe dealing with axle bind on the si.
@djsalty
i installed the pro kit on my si a few weeks ago, all seems in working order: no noises or issues. i'm getting an alignment in 2 days just for peace of mind but it still rides true at 140 mph, so not much to worry about. fitment is superb, especially with the beefier tires i have, and combined with sport mode it really stiffens up, +5 mph in the corners.
i would 100% recommend this kit, although if you plan to get new wheels, i would recommend the sportline. you can dial in your fitment real nice with the drop. if you're going to keep the stock wheels, yeah just stay with the pro kit, maybe get some quality spacers: 20/25mm. you can do 20mm up front and 25 in the back, shouldn't have any issues.
good luck and good day :)

djsalty

First Name
Gábor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have no real issues with prokit on my hatchback. Just a little squeaking, I’m assuming from the suspension being a little stiffer, and kind of amplifying body/chassis flex?

had swift springs installed on my si yesterday, and haven’t noticed any noise, and they actually ride really nice so far.
Thank for the info! :)

djsalty

First Name
Gábor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@si_well these noises are likely due to improper/incomplete installation.
also, not sure if this will be of ANY help due to the time delay, but for anyone else needing help i'll still leave my two cents.
knocks or clunks when going over bumps are usually due to the sway bar end link nut not being tight enough. you sometimes have to get in there with a strong impact or use a 5mm hex key with a wrench to get it torqued down.
same issue with the top hats. it's just a matter of luck if you can get the nut to bottom out with a socket/impact. if you can't, you'll have to use a hex key through a socket to tighten the nut. it's a nylock nut i'm pretty sure, so it won't be too difficult, only time consuming. that nut has to be threaded on to the point where it stops moving, i.e at the bottom of the thread.
creaks i can only assume come from the rubber feet you swap over to the new springs not being seated properly, either in the strut itself or on the spring alone. properly installed, the spring should be fully seated in both top and bottom feet, and the bottom rubber piece has little nubs that have to go into their respective holes on the strut.
other than that, i see no other issues besides maybe dealing with axle bind on the si.
@djsalty
i installed the pro kit on my si a few weeks ago, all seems in working order: no noises or issues. i'm getting an alignment in 2 days just for peace of mind but it still rides true at 140 mph, so not much to worry about. fitment is superb, especially with the beefier tires i have, and combined with sport mode it really stiffens up, +5 mph in the corners.
i would 100% recommend this kit, although if you plan to get new wheels, i would recommend the sportline. you can dial in your fitment real nice with the drop. if you're going to keep the stock wheels, yeah just stay with the pro kit, maybe get some quality spacers: 20/25mm. you can do 20mm up front and 25 in the back, shouldn't have any issues.
good luck and good day :)
Thanks for the info! :)

Kulprit3.0

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si
Country flag
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting here. I have a 2020 si, K- Tuned, Enkei 18x8 wheels, and dropped Eibach Pro Kit. I'm experiencing A LOT of popping and clunking noises also, front and rear, that wasn't there before I lowered it. So much noise o pulled it apart again because I thought I fucked something up. But j can see nothing out if the ordinary. Everything is tight. Doesn't appear that anything is rubbing, at least there's no rubbing visible. The noise from the front sounds like the threads from the 3 mounting bolts at the top of strut are loose and rubbing on the strut tower. But I've tightened this fully. I also thought the sway bar end links could be doing it, but they also are tight. I did suspension , brake and front end work for 20 years, so I'm not a noob, but I'll be damned if I see the cause. It's gotta be the springs making noise. I'm embarrassed to drive it, and am seriously considering returning to stock, but refuse to give into defeat, so haven't done so. But God damn....
Sponsored