How much noise is to be expected with Eibach Pro-Kit?

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I installed my eibach pro kit springs on my 2020 Si this past weekend and have been noticing a considerable amount of suspension noise that I wasn’t hearing before.

I knew there would be some compromise I would have to make in ride quality and noises, but I’m worried that what I’m hearing is outside the standard range of what I should be expecting. Now I’m wondering if I didn’t do something correctly during the process of putting my strut assembly back together after swapping out the springs or when I installed the assembly back on the car which could be causing the noise.

In Eibach’s instructions they say to make sure the upper perch and lower perch of the strut assembly are lined up correctly but I don’t know how you can misalign them when there’s only one way it can mount up.

The noises I’m hearing:
  • Creaking at really slow speeds when turning my wheel or on uneven ground, like backing out of my driveway
  • Loud clunks and thumps is when hitting bumps and small pot holes at normal driving speeds
  • Mild noise when hitting slightly imperfect road at slowish speeds, like small lines in the road at up to 25ish mph.
Is all of this normal noise that is expected when installing lowering springs? It’s been a couple days and I figured that maybe they needed to settle a little, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

If it’s not normal, what is likely to be the culprit? Is there anything I can do to subdue the noise?

Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited:

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed my eibach pro kit springs on my 2020 Si this past weekend and have been noticing a considerable amount of suspension noise that I wasn’t hearing before.

I knew there would be some compromise I would have to make in ride quality and noises, but I’m worried that what I’m hearing is outside the standard range of what I should be expecting. Now I’m wondering if I didn’t do something correctly during the process of putting my strut assembly back together after swapping out the springs or when I installed the assembly back on the car which could be causing the noise.

In Eibach’s instructions they say to make sure the upper perch and lower perch of the strut assembly are lined up correctly but I don’t know how you can misalign them when there’s only one way it can mount up.

The noises I’m hearing:
  • Creaking at really slow speeds when turning my wheel or on uneven ground, like backing out of my driveway
  • Loud clunks and thumps is when hitting bumps and small pot holes at normal driving speeds
  • Mild noise when hitting slightly imperfect road at slowish speeds, like small lines in the road at up to 25ish mph.
Is all of this normal noise that is expected when installing lowering springs? It’s been a couple days and I figured that maybe they needed to settle a little, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

If it’s not normal, what is likely to be the culprit? Is there anything I can do to subdue the noise?

I've had mine on the pro kit for almost 2 months now and there is no noise from the suspension from normal driving even on bad roads. When I hit a particularly big pothole, I can feel what I'm guessing are the shocks bottoming out and an audible thump that wasn't there before but that's it. Did you trim the bump stops?

OP
OP
si_well

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I've had mine on the pro kit for almost 2 months now and there is no noise from the suspension from normal driving even on bad roads. When I hit a particularly big pothole, I can feel what I'm guessing are the shocks bottoming out and an audible thump that wasn't there before but that's it. Did you trim the bump stops?
That makes me think I fucked something up lol, but yeah I trimmed them 20mm from the bottom like the instructions said.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I never heard any unusual noise after I had mine installed 2 years ago.

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

The noises I’m hearing:

2020 Si coupe. Installed springs at 1789 miles. Currently at 3200

I have the exact same problem and binding noise when turning the wheel while stationary or at slow speed. I had it apart twice, went to a shop twice, took it to the dealer and no fix.

I left a review on Eibach and explained everything. They contacted me the next day to try and get a fix. They suggested I spray silicone on the top coils of the springs because they are rubbing. That only mildly worked. I informed Eibach and they are sending out new front springs.

Give Eibach a call. They need to know how many possible bad springs are floating around.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you checked fender liner for rub? I had to fold in front fender tabs and even then, there's still some rub over dips

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I left a review on Eibach and explained everything. They contacted me the next day to try and get a fix. They suggested I spray silicone on the top coils of the springs because they are rubbing. That only mildly worked. I informed Eibach and they are sending out new front springs.

Give Eibach a call. They need to know how many possible bad springs are floating around.
Thanks for your post. I am interested in getting these so please post a follow-up once you install the replacements.

OP
OP
si_well

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Have you checked fender liner for rub? I had to fold in front fender tabs and even then, there's still some rub over dips
I did. I’m 99.9% positive it wasn’t rubbing on anything.

Imnotorginal

First Name
AO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
2020 Si coupe. Installed springs at 1789 miles. Currently at 3200

I have the exact same problem and binding noise when turning the wheel while stationary or at slow speed. I had it apart twice, went to a shop twice, took it to the dealer and no fix.

Did you ever get the new spring installed? Did it help? I had Eibach pro-kit installed, had bumping noise coming from passenger side. Removed and went back to stock, no more noise. I am dying for the lowered look, so I installed again (yes I made sure right front and left front are on the correct struts) same noise again.

South86

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Coupe, 2019 Acura ILX A-Spec, 2013 Ram 1500 SLT
Country flag
My Pro-Kit is noisy at slow speeds as well. Highway speeds no noise that I can hear from inside of the car regardless of road condition. The noise did get louder when it was raining outside so not sure what is happening. Sound is coming from the front, mostly driver side nothing from the rear.

Last edited:

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I haven't had the time or money to get the new fronts put on. Got a few thousands miles on the bad ones now lol. Still noisy. Hopefully I can get the replacements on before the snow comes.

South86

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Coupe, 2019 Acura ILX A-Spec, 2013 Ram 1500 SLT
Country flag
I haven't had the time or money to get the new fronts put on. Got a few thousands miles on the bad ones now lol. Still noisy. Hopefully I can get the replacements on before the snow comes.
Did you try tightening the top hat nuts? I am going to try that out and see what it does.

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Did you try tightening the top hat nuts? I am going to try that out and see what it does.
Yep. A few times. Been to a shop twice and dealership once. It's the springs rubbing on themselves.
Sponsored