How much noise is to be expected with Eibach Pro-Kit?

RetroRacer1980

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Civic Sport Sedan(sold)’12 Camaro SS/RS ‘23WRX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I had my Pro Kit Springs installed a few weeks ago on my 2020 sport sedan and they ride like stock with the sport models tuned shocks and have no noises/ issues whatsoever.

Im very happy with these springs, if anything changes I’ll be sure and chime back in, but these are the perfect daily driver springs I believe ??

Honda Civic 10th gen How much noise is to be expected with Eibach Pro-Kit? 53CC0155-FE8E-41CE-B4EF-D4E541C060D0
Sponsored

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting here. I have a 2020 si, K- Tuned, Enkei 18x8 wheels, and dropped Eibach Pro Kit. I'm experiencing A LOT of popping and clunking noises also, front and rear, that wasn't there before I lowered it. So much noise o pulled it apart again because I thought I fucked something up. But j can see nothing out if the ordinary. Everything is tight. Doesn't appear that anything is rubbing, at least there's no rubbing visible. The noise from the front sounds like the threads from the 3 mounting bolts at the top of strut are loose and rubbing on the strut tower. But I've tightened this fully. I also thought the sway bar end links could be doing it, but they also are tight. I did suspension , brake and front end work for 20 years, so I'm not a noob, but I'll be damned if I see the cause. It's gotta be the springs making noise. I'm embarrassed to drive it, and am seriously considering returning to stock, but refuse to give into defeat, so haven't done so. But God damn....
Any luck with your issues? I have my own issue with my Eibach Pro-Kit springs but not as extensive as yours.

I get a metallic clunk from the driver's side front whenever I make a left turn. I've tested it while at a stop, fully left and right, no sound. I don't get the sound while at speed and making slow left curves. It only happens when I have to make an actual left turn. It will clunk sometime after turning the wheel left (while still moving) and then a quieter clunk while still moving and holding the wheel left, or while returning the wheel back to center. If I hold a left turn, like driving in a leftward circle, it will clunk every few seconds.

I've tightened everything down with the wheels on and car on the ground, but no change. I haven't taken the wheel off and checked yet, since I just did this earlier this week and I've been too busy with work. I'll pop it off tomorrow and have a look to see if I can find any rubbing or anything. But I'm not sure what it could be that only affects relatively sharp left turns.

I also have new front endlinks coming in just in case.

mxgregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Typr R
Country flag
Same issues here with K Tuned springs. I've had it apart twice and everything is tight and nothing appears to be rubbing. I get a slight clunk when going over small bumps like going in or out of the driveway. No clue to what the problem is.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So it's been two years or so since I've the Eibach Pro Kit, Whiteline rear and front sway bar, accord end links in the rear and Whiteline front sway bar links, and I noticed a clunking noise coming from back past two months. Mostly going over speed bumps and the occasional road reflector. I took it to the shop and they seemed to have fixed the rear, but now I got a annoying intrusive clunk coming from the driver side front. I can almost feel it in the steering wheel as well from the feed back. It wasn't as apparent till I hit the brakes a little hard because traffic stopped suddenly and then It started really clunking. As if something had shifted.

Any ideas? I'm a bit concerned. I don't want anything falling off while driving. I already made an appointment, but it's not till April 19th! I hope I'll be ok till then. I've already been driving like an old lady since I was worried about the rear coming apart on me.

Thanks.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So it's been two years or so since I've the Eibach Pro Kit, Whiteline rear and front sway bar, accord end links in the rear and Whiteline front sway bar links, and I noticed a clunking noise coming from back past two months. Mostly going over speed bumps and the occasional road reflector. I took it to the shop and they seemed to have fixed the rear, but now I got a annoying intrusive clunk coming from the driver side front. I can almost feel it in the steering wheel as well from the feed back. It wasn't as apparent till I hit the brakes a little hard because traffic stopped suddenly and then It started really clunking. As if something had shifted.

Any ideas? I'm a bit concerned. I don't want anything falling off while driving. I already made an appointment, but it's not till April 19th! I hope I'll be ok till then. I've already been driving like an old lady since I was worried about the rear coming apart on me.

Thanks.
Check and torque down your end links, thats normally the first thing that makes any clunking noise in the rear.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Check and torque down your end links, thats normally the first thing that makes any clunking noise in the rear.
The rear has gone away. So far. Shop fixed that. Now, the day I got the rear fixed, the front is making it. I feel something is loose but they did not take anything apart for the front as far as I know.

I did have new splash guards installed at shop..I wonder if they took the front wheel off. I know they took the rears off. Maybe something got moved or loose. But they said they tightened and torqued everything down when chasing the rear sound. Just to make sure it wasn't coming from somewhere else.

I don't have any tools for that kind of work. Sucks ass. I don't have a garage and no impact tools. Otherwise, that is exactly what I'd do is lift it up and inspect everything. I can't wait to get a garage.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The rear has gone away. So far. Shop fixed that. Now, the day I got the rear fixed, the front is making it. I feel something is loose but they did not take anything apart for the front as far as I know.

I did have new splash guards installed at shop..I wonder if they took the front wheel off. I know they took the rears off. Maybe something got moved or loose. But they said they tightened and torqued everything down when chasing the rear sound. Just to make sure it wasn't coming from somewhere else.

I don't have any tools for that kind of work. Sucks ass. I don't have a garage and no impact tools. Otherwise, that is exactly what I'd do is lift it up and inspect everything. I can't wait to get a garage.
Yeah, def sucks not having a garage, but you dont need impact tools. You can use hand tools, a socket set with a ratchet wrench and a torque wrench is mostly all you need to check and tighten bolts. You can use the jack your car came with or get a compact bottle jack, but I would recommend getting jack stands for added safety.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, def sucks not having a garage, but you dont need impact tools. You can use hand tools, a socket set with a ratchet wrench and a torque wrench is mostly all you need to check and tighten bolts. You can use the jack your car came with or get a compact bottle jack, but I would recommend getting jack stands for added safety.
Yeah, I need to really pick up a good set of jacks and car jack. I've used the little one in the car in past cars and it's a beeotch, unless it's all you got in a jam. Any recommendations?

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah, I need to really pick up a good set of jacks and car jack. I've used the little one in the car in past cars and it's a beeotch, unless it's all you got in a jam. Any recommendations?
Probably would say to hit up a Harbor Freight if you have one around you. They have a few different ones and they wont break the bank.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Probably would say to hit up a Harbor Freight if you have one around you. They have a few different ones and they wont break the bank.
I do. I was looking online to see what they have actually. Thanks.
Sponsored