How much is your insurance?

todda

2018 Aegean blue CTR 14103
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean blue Type R; 2011 Subaru WRX limited; 2003 Acura RSX-S were previous vehicles
Country flag
I pay $100 a month for full coverage on a civic HB sport, looking to get a type R for the weekends.

Went to do a quote on geico for a 2019 type R im looking at with the vin provided from the carfax, and it came back at only an additional $75 per month. How is that right? I used the vin so I know they have the right car, how could it be cheaper than my civic right now? It would be $175 per month for both cars. Full coverage.

edit: for context im 25, with GEICO. full coverage with $500 deductibles. bad thing about geico is that they declare total loss at about 70% value instead of 85% like most companies.
I am 48 years old and live in San Diego. I have a clean driving record. I pay about $60/month with Amerirprise.
Sponsored

huneconomy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R FK8, 2010 Mazda 3 (BL) MPS
Country flag
I used to pay $5040/year (420 a month) when I lived in Brampton

Toronto isn't any better at $3360/year (280 a month)

0 tickets 25
I feel you. I live in Vienna, Austria (Europe), and paying insurance is a major robbery here. I am 30 w/o any prior accidents and pay 457€ (approx 537$). Per month. That amounts to 6.444$ per year. When buying at the dealer I managed to negotiate for 4 free months, but still. The only upside is that my Mazda 3 MPS is co-covered under the same insurance for an additinal 30€ per month. (We have swap-livence plates in Austria, so you can have up to 3 cars with one set of plates but drive only one at once by putting your plates on the selected car)

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
I pay $242 CAD per month ($180 USD) with a $1,000 deductible and the full 10-year driving history discount. Insurance in BC is more expensive, but for reference my 2003 Mazda Protege was about $160 per month to insure. The Mazda CX-3 I had before the Type R was about $180 per month to insure.

gyrrl

First Name
squeak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I pay $100 a month for full coverage on a civic HB sport, looking to get a type R for the weekends.

Went to do a quote on geico for a 2019 type R im looking at with the vin provided from the carfax, and it came back at only an additional $75 per month. How is that right? I used the vin so I know they have the right car, how could it be cheaper than my civic right now? It would be $175 per month for both cars. Full coverage.

edit: for context im 25, with GEICO. full coverage with $500 deductibles. bad thing about geico is that they declare total loss at about 70% value instead of 85% like most companies.
The prices you have been quoted aren't bad but look around. Just double-check the coverages. Don't pay for what you don't need but make sure your covered for what you do need (sometimes fire and theft aren't covered through discount insurances in some states). We have ours through USAA but looking around it wouldn't be much different through anyone else. We live in a state that has a high fatality rate (68% this yr) bc people tend to forget to put their seatbelts on so insurance rates are high ($1200 for our two type Rs for 6 months).

First Name
Arturo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sonic grey pearl type r
Country flag
I pay $87 a month for my 2019 sgp type r. 26 years old in phoenix az with clena record.
Not many people realize your area code has a lot to do with your insurance quotes. Depending on what the crime rate is in you area . . . hondas are one of the highest rates in theft among cars, hence the more you pay to insure.

JNFC3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si coupe
Country flag
i pay 220 on mine 2019 under 25 yrs odl

r_35800

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 CTR
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I used to pay $5040/year (420 a month) when I lived in Brampton

Toronto isn't any better at $3360/year (280 a month)

0 tickets 25
I got a quote for $400/ month in Mississauga when I was looking a while back.
Not surprised to see this for Brampton; almost like a norm imo.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I got a quote for $400/ month in Mississauga when I was looking a while back.
Not surprised to see this for Brampton; almost like a norm imo.
Do you have any tickets? Sauga my quote hovers around 300-350

The only "cheapest" place I could get insurance was when I lived in my rental property in woodstock for a couple of months. It was $200/month, still expensive in bum fk no where -.-

r_35800

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 CTR
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do you have any tickets? Sauga my quote hovers around 300-350

The only "cheapest" place I could get insurance was when I lived in my rental property in woodstock for a couple of months. It was $200/month, still expensive in bum fk no where -.-
Nope, no tickets. I have a claim on my record but wasn't at fault. Didn't affect my premium.
Mississauga, Brampton and Toronto in general have high rates.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Nope, no tickets. I have a claim on my record but wasn't at fault. Didn't affect my premium.
Mississauga, Brampton and Toronto in general have high rates.
They need to get rid of postal code affecting insurance.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let me be the dark horse and say...

Insurance is a scam. A game, a Ploy, a entity. We can go on and on...

I pay 75 for my 2000 Celica. 100 for my 2019 HB Sport Touring Civic. And 150 for the 2017 EX-L HB Civic.

Run with that 75 for The R, ???

Masmackles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
They need to get rid of postal code affecting insurance.
If they got rid of area coding rates everyone would just pay the top rate.

Why would someone in a town of 900 pay anywhere near someone who lives in Brampton? Insurance is all risk based. The person with a 900 population city is significantly less likely to be involved in an accident due to the reduction in traffic.
Sponsored