Diamond Ned

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I pay $100 a month for full coverage on a civic HB sport, looking to get a type R for the weekends.

Went to do a quote on geico for a 2019 type R im looking at with the vin provided from the carfax, and it came back at only an additional $75 per month. How is that right? I used the vin so I know they have the right car, how could it be cheaper than my civic right now? It would be $175 per month for both cars. Full coverage.

edit: for context im 25, with GEICO. full coverage with $500 deductibles. bad thing about geico is that they declare total loss at about 70% value instead of 85% like most companies.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That's pretty good, honestly. I pay way more to USAA for my R and my wife's Malibu, but I'm also under 30 and have some pretty hefty ass coverage.

Despite the fact that this is a sports car, it's only 2 liters. Insurance companies go by the engine displacement for their 'risk' factor, so the only thing making it cost more is that the vehicle itself is worth more. I learnt this from my RX8 days, where our engine was rated at '2.0L' even though it technically displaced way more than that due to being a rotary.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Type R
Country flag
Before I got my Type R for kicks n giggles I got a quote for a regular civic as well,and the Type R was less than a base civic. Win win...

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
That's pretty good, honestly. I pay way more to USAA for my R and my wife's Malibu, but I'm also under 30 and have some pretty hefty ass coverage.

Despite the fact that this is a sports car, it's only 2 liters. Insurance companies go by the engine displacement for their 'risk' factor, so the only thing making it cost more is that the vehicle itself is worth more. I learnt this from my RX8 days, where our engine was rated at '2.0L' even though it technically displaced way more than that due to being a rotary.
yea i pay 250 with USAA but that's mostly because insurance is hella high here. I was paying half that when i was living in NJ. as soon as I move to LA, it legit doubled. so i drove for the past 5 years with my NJ insurance and plates on my Si, and only got my LA policy when i got my R since i had to reregister here

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (CW)
Country flag
In Canada I pay around $2400 CAD/year for full coverage (collision, liability, fire, theft, insurance carry-over for rental cars, etc. etc.). 35 year old male with no at-fault accidents on record and I use the car to commute which adds about $30/mo.

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
In my early 30's and pay about 550 every 6 months with full coverage on my R.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm in Los Angeles County so yeah I get raped hard lol. $175 a month and I'm 43

ultrashin

First Name
NOH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
It various a lot by location and insurer.

25M with State Farm. ~$140/month. I was paying $130/month before for Civic Sport HB.
It's categorized as a normal 2020 HONDA CIVIC 4DR.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine was $136 a month from USAA as a 26 year old male.

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
In my early 30's and pay about 550 every 6 months with full coverage on my R.
Which insurance company are you with?

Me being in similar background and I'm paying $1150 every 6 months. Full coverage/comprehensive and such.
Sponsored