How much in Texas?

Oscuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not financing is the main problem right there. I am pretty sure if you were to finance through Honda you could definitely get the EX sedan for ~$20,000 OTD. If you're not gonna finance, most dealers aren't gonna accept your price because they get no profit from it whatsoever.

I am saying this from experience. My brother found a deal on a '15 Accord Coupe Leather Trim and got it for 26k instead of 28k OTD. Deal was sealed through email/text and when we got there the manager thought that we were financing through Honda. My brother told the sales associate that were going to pay full cash, no financing whatsoever and the manager was definitely not happy. He told us that he got down to 26k because of financing and then proceeded to tell us that they won't get profit and that they're losing a lot of money if we don't finance. Well, we showed the manager text messages as proof that the deal was 26k OTD with cash only, no financing and he was pretty pissed cause we had proof that the deal was over the phone. Btw this was at the Honda dealership in San Marcos, TX.
I understand that. However, considering that my lowest quote at the moment for an EX Sedan with Honda Sensing is $21,900, I'm sure that eventually it'll just get lower without the need to finance. I just find financing a waste of my time since credit-wise... I'm a ghost. I'm not about to accept any kind of financing especially when I know that either the bank or the dealership are going to give me some insane APR only because I have little to no credit. So I don't want to play games. If I have the money, I'm going to pay with money lol.
Sponsored

Premierpaula

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus is250c
Just purchased a 2016 EX T with Honda sensing OTD for 23,200. Think I did ok on it.... Did I?? No dealer ads and got financing of 1.99. Sean Burtt at Honda of Spring. He's a nice young man and good to work with and has been there 3 yrs. (So many times I hear about salesmen who jump from dealer to dealer and I prefer one who has some stability ... that way if you have issues he can go to bat for you!)

Oscuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just purchased a 2016 EX T with Honda sensing OTD for 23,200. Think I did ok on it.... Did I?? No dealer ads and got financing of 1.99. Sean Burtt at Honda of Spring. He's a nice young man and good to work with and has been there 3 yrs. (So many times I hear about salesmen who jump from dealer to dealer and I prefer one who has some stability ... that way if you have issues he can go to bat for you!)
Could have gone lower on that deal, but what matters in the end is if you're happy with the purchase. Congratulations!

Premierpaula

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus is250c
Could have gone lower on that deal, but what matters in the end is if you're happy with the purchase. Congratulations!
Thanks. It's so hard to know if you're getting a good deal or not but you're right if I'm happy it's all good :)

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I understand that. However, considering that my lowest quote at the moment for an EX Sedan with Honda Sensing is $21,900, I'm sure that eventually it'll just get lower without the need to finance. I just find financing a waste of my time since credit-wise... I'm a ghost. I'm not about to accept any kind of financing especially when I know that either the bank or the dealership are going to give me some insane APR only because I have little to no credit. So I don't want to play games. If I have the money, I'm going to pay with money lol.
Can you take the financing, get a lower purchase price then pay off the loan a month later? Are the loans not open and payable at any time by the borrower without penalty? This is how it works here in Canada. I had a loan from BMW and paid it off early without penalty.

Premierpaula

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus is250c
No penalty in Texas to pay off loan early. Got the rate of 1.99 so I'm not in a rush to pay it off but if I really wanted to and had the $$ I could over the whole loan interest just isn't that much. Good luck

goosala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag
Here in Houston I have seen them advertised for as low as $100 over invoice which for a Touring trim is about $25,543 plus TTL.

sonyboi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tundra
what you guys think on this quote for ext otd price $22,400 with out addon?

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
what you guys think on this quote for ext otd price $22,400 with out addon?
What do you mean without add on? If you ask me that otd price is great considering for what your getting even if not leather which I prefer.. I got my EXL back in April...barely any out at that time...Dealer only had mine on show room floor and 2 blue ext's and this was a large dealership.

sonyboi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tundra
What do you mean without add on? If you ask me that otd price is great considering for what your getting even if not leather which I prefer.. I got my EXL back in April...barely any out at that time...Dealer only had mine on show room floor and 2 blue ext's and this was a large dealership.

sonyboi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tundra
No Honda package.. (Tint, splash guard lock lug nuts , pin stripe, fabrics and paint protection and others that come with the package)

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
No Honda package.. (Tint, splash guard lock lug nuts , pin stripe, fabrics and paint protection and others that come with the package)
I didn't do any of the Honda package as far as paint protection and warranty, but the dealer had already put the pin stripes, sunroof cover, wing spoiler, blue console illumination lighting and wanted me to pay out the butt for it..so really had to haggle them it stickered high because the body kit was listed on it but hadn't put it on...the sticker price was almost $33,000..because said had $10,500 in extras because of the package.. I was like no way the car was $24,000 without all that BS.. Such inflated dealer costs..ridiculous. So we went back and forth..Oh plus the BS extra cost for the EPG color... so I negotiated the extras down ended up being $28,000...mine is the EX-L...They would not sway because car is so new.. Oh well I could live with it..so I took the deal..1st Honda ever.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
Hey guys, I was just wondering how much for a civic you guys were getting in Texas. I'm in the DFW area and the lowest I've gotten a dealer is 21.4k before TTL on a Civic EX-T. Seems people are getting way lower in other regions :(
where are you shopping ? Have you tried Honda of FW ?

Alzoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan - Cosmic Blue
Purchased a Honda Civic EX the other day, rough numbers is:

Base Price: 19361.10

Addons:
Cargo Hook: 43.7
Body Side Molding:284
Wheel Locks: 86.2
Tinted Windows: 189.90
Ibex Paint Protection: 99

whudgens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Civic, 1995 Civic,
Here in Houston I have seen them advertised for as low as $100 over invoice which for a Touring trim is about $25,543 plus TTL.
thanks! I near near Houston.. I hope I can get near that deal.
Sponsored