• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
Hey — I’ve recently started building my SI and curious if anyone has a WHP ballpark for me.

- ktuner w/ TSP 1+
- competition stage 2 clutch + lightweight flywheel
- PRL cold air (street)
- 27won rmm (street 70)
- rv6 downpipe
- rv6 frontpipe

— also what should I do next? Was thinking mishimoto intercooler — what difference do the charge pipes make?

im new to the world of mods so thank you in advance for your help
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
223 on a Mustang in the summertime with high humidity

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
TSP claims something like 247 on a stock Si on 93+ if I recall.
“Claims”any Ots tune would be similar to what it claims with bolt ons . If he wants to get all the power a custom tune would be the answer the reason why Ik my buddy has that tune and he has bolt ons and he raced a rt yesterday and he lost if he was around 260 he would of been neck to neck

OP
OP
Chilidog

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
so ——- what’s better? Like power wise? I see a lot of people compare TSP 1 with phearable 1.5r but what about TSP 1+ vs Phearable 1.5r??? What are the dyno numbers? everyone seems to love phearable but from what I’ve seen, tsp 1+ has higher numbers.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
so ——- what’s better? Like power wise? I see a lot of people compare TSP 1 with phearable 1.5r but what about TSP 1+ vs Phearable 1.5r??? What are the dyno numbers? everyone seems to love phearable but from what I’ve seen, tsp 1+ has higher numbers.
Honestly there both gonna be the same power output wise. The difference is the way the power comes in, there’s tons of threads About it

OP
OP
Chilidog

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
So how much more can I get out of a custom tune while still being “safe” — I like TSP because it’s tried and true. I can rock map 2 all day and not worry too much.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So how much more can I get out of a custom tune while still being “safe” — I like TSP because it’s tried and true. I can rock map 2 all day and not worry too much.
Just curious man. Why isn't your car here?
https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/

"Reliability/safety isn't just about the peak power on a dyno. It's how the power curve is set up and how the nut behind the wheel drives and maintains their car." - gtman January, 2022

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
[/
more then you’d think honestly haha, I’ve raced an si with my tsp1+ tune with his custom 93 tune both full bolt on and he won by two cars I was brake boosting he wasn’t:/ just more consistent power when all the bolt ons are tuned to their potential

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Tsp has more low end power phearable has more top end custom tune has both and will be much better as it’s designed to your specific setup unlike an ots that was tuned on stock car with the compatibility of bolt ons, just because it’s compatible doesn’t mean the tune is using a downpipe, intercooler or intakes potential

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can't go wrong with either tune. They're both great. Like curlichfc1 said, the TSP probably has a bit more grunt down low and Phearable shines up top. Both have excellent midrange power.

As far as custom, if you're FBO it's honestly the way to go. Near stock or with minimal bolt ons, the OTS tunes are actually really good considering the reasonable cost.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best i can tell i'm at approx 260. PRL CAI, FMIC, charge pipes, ark dt-s catback, and phearable 1.5R. From all the races i've done, comparing power/weight between cars puts mine around 260-270.
Come spring time i'll get phearable 2.5 or just say screw it and go w1/w2 w e30 custom tune. shooting for 300+.

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Best i can tell i'm at approx 260. PRL CAI, FMIC, charge pipes, ark dt-s catback, and phearable 1.5R. From all the races i've done, comparing power/weight between cars puts mine around 260-270.
Come spring time i'll get phearable 2.5 or just say screw it and go w1/w2 w e30 custom tune. shooting for 300+.
Man it’s tough to tell i butt dyno’d like that too and was shocked when I raced a custom tuned 93 octane si that made 245 while I was on phearable 1.5 and it wasn’t fair and I’m fbo too, as far as 300 whp stock turbo there’s literally a handful of people who have reached it and they didn’t make 300hp for that long if you know what I’m getting at lol
Sponsored