How much have you, or do you plan on, spending on your build?

What's your build budget?

• Total voters

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd love to read about everybody's goals and budget for their builds.

I realized I should probably have both in mind when "a few mods" turned into "a few (cosmetic/electronic/drivetrain/suspension) mods" and I'd never had a car to mod + an Amex at the same time before. ? I've already spent about $750 on cosmetics & driver feel. I have an appt. booked for $750 tint + chrome delete, and paid $1,000 upfront for special-order wheels, with $1,000 due on arrival. That's $3,500 so far, but should take care of all the cosmetic + driver feel stuff.

I've been looking into the 27Won front strut tower brace ~$300 + a rear sway bar + Accord links ~$200. That brings the total to $4,000 for cosmetics + suspension. Last will be performance, intentional to get more miles on the factory drivetrain while under warranty, and sticking to bolt-ons + tune is going to range from $2-3,000.

If I stop there it'll be a $6-7,000 build for about 50hp, better cornering, & much snazzier. I'm tempted to do the audio, but what I want priced out near $3,000, and for some reason, spending $10,000 for mods to a $25,000 car is where it starts to feel silly.

I will admit to cheating, because I'm not counting the fact I'll be spending more than I have to when replacing tires, brakes, etc.
Sponsored

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've probably spent close to 6,000 so far, which included power upgrades, wheels, suspension, shifter parts and small appearance mods. The next thing I plan to do is an upgraded drop in turbo and a tune for that turbo whenever it happens. But... I always say I'm done then something else catches my interest and before I know it I buy it.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've probably spent close to 6,000 so far, which included power upgrades, wheels, suspension, shifter parts and small appearance mods. The next thing I plan to do is an upgraded drop in turbo and a tune for that turbo whenever it happens. But... I always say I'm done then something else catches my interest and before I know it I buy it.
Actually when I bought the Si I said I was going to leave it stock, I laugh at that now...

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Already dropped about $1,500 or so on the car on all around parts, performance, exterior, and suspension. Doing this a step at a time though, I have money right now to build freely but I'm saving to move out soon and I like having a safety net. Just going to be buying a part every few months or so and slowly working my way up there

SouthSideBeef

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR86
Country flag
I've spent between 3 to 4 grand on my car so far with most of the money going to coilovers, wheels, ktuner, and the 27Won BBK. Now that my car is faster, handles better, and looks better, I'm trying to hold off on buying any more expensive mods. I really like the way my car is now but I know it would drive better with a custom tune. Of course if I'm getting a custom tune then I might as well get some bolt ons and then I'll have to get a clutch and then I might as well add in a drop in turbo to go along with it and all of a sudden that's an extra $4000. I'm trying to resist going any further but damn, the struggle is real.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've spent between 3 to 4 grand on my car so far with most of the money going to coilovers, wheels, ktuner, and the 27Won BBK. Now that my car is faster, handles better, and looks better, I'm trying to hold off on buying any more expensive mods. I really like the way my car is now but I know it would drive better with a custom tune. Of course if I'm getting a custom tune then I might as well get some bolt ons and then I'll have to get a clutch and then I might as well add in a drop in turbo to go along with it and all of a sudden that's an extra $4000. I'm trying to resist going any further but damn, the struggle is real.
Good luck with that!

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Country flag
Not a Civic, but still turbo. I've spent $2100 total on a larger inter cooler, charge pipes, intake, rear motor mount, sts, turbo back exhaust, and dyno tune. For the second stage of my build, I'll upgrade the clutch, coil overs, and a Z57 with a tune which will run another $2800 for a grand total of $4900, but should easily get me as close to 500whp as I care to lol.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LMAOO im the same that's the endless downward spiral of car modding

I'm always getting one thing and I'm like "yeah might as well this other thing" to compliment it and boom my money disappears

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
My most expensive "parts" where my wheels n tires lol. Spend $1,200 on both, $280 on my 27 Won intake i bought off my friend, $250 for PRL flex fuel kit (bought off same friend), Hondata $600, Spoon shift knob $60, ACUITY bushings $70, and tints. That's what I've spent in parts for this car and that's where I'm stopping too lol.. So everything together is just about $2,500. The most I've ever spent modding a car lol
Sponsored