Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just curious how much people pay for auto insurance per month for their Si. I have nationwide and pay 142 a month. I know different deductibles and coverage will vary and impact your cost. My girlfriend pays way less than me for her Jetta and was wondering if it the car or my history that has me paying much more.
I'm in New Jersey which is one of the higher prices states for insurance.

Reactions: mjh

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
I just renewed at 430 for 6 months (progressive) with low deductibles/Hugh coverage. I get safe driver, multiple policy and homeowner discounts. Also a bit less expensive for paying in full.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
I'm in New Jersey which is one of the higher prices states for insurance.
I'm paying about 190 a month with Liberty Mutual in NJ. Male, early 50s, no accidents but one careless driving ticket. As soon as I pass the three year mark from that ticket (next week), I'm going to shop around and see if I can do better on my rate.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm paying about 190 a month with Liberty Mutual in NJ. Male, early 50s, no accidents but one careless driving ticket. As soon as I pass the three year mark from that ticket (next week), I'm going to shop around and see if I can do better on my rate.
I just used Gabi.com and they found me nationwide for 142 I was at 185 with Geico. I recommend trying Gabi it was really easy to do.

Reactions: mjh

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Holy crap! Most of you guys pay a lot! Sorry to see that! I pay State Farm like 72 bucks a month for full coverage on the Civic and liability on a motorcycle. My driving history is chock full of speeding tickets (most are pretty old now) but I guess I got lucky!

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Holy crap! Most of you guys pay a lot! Sorry to see that! I pay State Farm like 72 bucks a month for full coverage on the Civic and liability on a motorcycle. My driving history is chock full of speeding tickets (most are pretty old now) but I guess I got lucky!
The trade-off is that you have to live in Ohio. For shame.

;)

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
I just used Gabi.com and they found me nationwide for 142 I was at 185 with Geico. I recommend trying Gabi it was really easy to do.
Thanks for the tip! It's funny, I just learned of them last week advertised on a podcast.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The trade-off is that you have to live in Ohio. For shame.

;)
Yup, Ohio. I lived in Athens for several years and couldn't believe how cheap my car insurance was.

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
I paid my Si off so I only have Liability $50 a month USAA.
Damn dude, what if you hit someone and total your car or do some serious damage though? I kept full coverage on my 9th gen after it was paid off just for reassurance.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks for the tip! It's funny, I just learned of them last week advertised on a podcast.
I seen a commercial on TV and though WTF I'm gonna try it and they saved me a decent amount. And I believe it's a better plan than I had with Geico.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Damn dude, what if you hit someone and total your car or do some serious damage though? I kept full coverage on my 9th gen after it was paid off just for reassurance.
Yes it would suck, if it got totaled(very unlikely) I'd just buy a used xB or Note and drive it for a year or two it wouldn't cramp my lifestyle much.
Saves me $1,000 a year I just accept the slightly higher risk.

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I pay just under $150 a month, which seems like a decent amount compared to everyone else but I’m really lucky to only be paying that. I don’t know what my exact coverages are off the top of my head, but I know I have a high mid level coverage. In all reality I should be paying somewhere around $250 a month because of my driving record but I kind of cheated the system when I was shopping for policies.

I have a couple things working against me:
  1. This is my first car I am insuring on my own and the only car on my policy.
  2. My current policy period started right before I turned 25 (16-24 year old males are the highest risk group for accidents and irresponsible driving, so hopefully my next policy period it goes down a little because of it)
  3. I was in two accidents ever, both of which were within a year apart and happened the last 3 years (as far back as insurances look, so I’m told)
  4. I have had several speeding tickets but only two in the last 5 years. Most of them were when I was younger and much more irresponsible. All of which were reduced significantly
Im super lucky about the tickets too. Quick little side story; one of my tickets was when I passed a state trooper (who was at a stand-still) doing 127mph. I was going so fast I didn’t even notice him until he caught up to me about 2 miles past where I passed him past after I was already going the speed limit. He didn’t have a radar gun on him that day for whatever reason and his speedometer only went to 100, so that was the fastest he could prove I was going because he had his speedo pinned at 100mph trying to catch me. It was a 55 mph highway so if he could prove I was going only 10 mph faster (double the speed limit) my license would have been suspended immediately and my car would have been impounded on the spot. I think I was 18 or 19 then and looking back on it I realize how reckless and stupid it was do be driving like that. At my court hearing the magistrate actually called me to the bench to grab me by the shirt and screamed in my face lol.

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
I pay just under $150 a month, which seems like a decent amount compared to everyone else but I’m really lucky to only be paying that. I don’t know what my exact coverages are off the top of my head, but I know I have a high mid level coverage. In all reality I should be paying somewhere around $250 a month because of my driving record but I kind of cheated the system when I was shopping for policies.

I have a couple things working against me:
  1. This is my first car I am insuring on my own and the only car on my policy.
  2. My current policy period started right before I turned 25 (16-24 year old males are the highest risk group for accidents and irresponsible driving, so hopefully my next policy period it goes down a little because of it)
  3. I was in two accidents ever, both of which were within a year apart and happened the last 3 years (as far back as insurances look, so I’m told)
  4. I have had several speeding tickets but only two in the last 5 years. Most of them were when I was younger and much more irresponsible. All of which were reduced significantly
Im super lucky about the tickets too. Quick little side story; one of my tickets was when I passed a state trooper (who was at a stand-still) doing 127mph. I was going so fast I didn’t even notice him until he caught up to me about 2 miles past where I passed him past after I was already going the speed limit. He didn’t have a radar gun on him that day for whatever reason and his speedometer only went to 100, so that was the fastest he could prove I was going because he had his speedo pinned at 100mph trying to catch me. It was a 55 mph highway so if he could prove I was going only 10 mph faster (double the speed limit) my license would have been suspended immediately and my car would have been impounded on the spot. I think I was 18 or 19 then and looking back on it I realize how reckless and stupid it was do be driving like that. At my court hearing the magistrate actually called me to the bench to grab me by the shirt and screamed in my face lol.
A lawyer should have gotten that thrown out without radar or pacing. Always get a lawyer! More expensive than a typical ticket up front but will save you on insurance, and it being on your record if you're ever pulled over again.