How much do you think a used 2017 or 2018 Type R should go for (CAD)?

OP
OP
lexro

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
I bought my 2018 used with 12,000km for $40,000 last year.
I kinda regret not jumping on a 2017 with 22k km at $33k earlier this year. but back then I had other financial priorities.
Sponsored

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I kinda regret not jumping on a 2017 with 22k km at $33k earlier this year. but back then I had other financial priorities.
what racetrack are you going to?

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just kidding, but one must admit the type R is a lot of car just to cruse around town tho...
Giving it away to my dear mother ?

figured if I was gonna get another car, might as well get the type r ?
it's an incredible machine...just a bit much imo but scaled down on 18'' tires it's a top of the line grocery getter for sure :headbang:

Mantihts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
You're going to have a very hard time finding anything, private or not, for under 35k in Canada. These cars hold their value exceptionally well, and with this year being their last year of production I don't foresee them dropping in price anytime soon.

OP
OP
lexro

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're going to have a very hard time finding anything, private or not, for under 35k in Canada. These cars hold their value exceptionally well, and with this year being their last year of production I don't foresee them dropping in price anytime soon.
Agreed. I'm not saying I'll be expecting a below 35k just pops up like that again anytime soon. but guess luckily I have the time and will just continuously keep an eye out. I am in no no rush and hopefully will be enjoying chatting with u all about the car as an owner in the future ?

OP
OP
lexro

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One more for you guys,

Do you think pre-2020 models should be valued as the post 2020 models?

What I meant is 2020 models is nearly 4k CAD more expensive due to the hardware upgrades. But I often get dealerships telling me their used CTR is justified at their asking price because a new one (2021) is 47k. so it's normal the 2019 is going for 43k or so, you're getting a great deal sir so on and so forth :/

Of course whenever i brought up about them not having 2-pieces rotor, alcantara steering wheel etc, they just steer the conversation another way. Can't seem to find a good ol' honest discussion with any of them...

Would like to hear what you think. Am I too naive about the market and should just fork out over sticker price i.e. 44k for a 2018? lol

PlayboyX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BB Civic Type R , 2012 Civic Si
Country flag
Bought mine for 42k used at 9k kms back in November. Purchased it out-of-province. You might have to look nationwide.

OP
OP
lexro

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Bought mine for 42k used at 9k kms back in November. Purchased it out-of-province. You might have to look nationwide.
To be honest that is a good price! I would totally be down. but things have changed drastically during the past few weeks, I did not anticipate such market change.

For example just spoke to a dealership in regard to a red 2018 with 34k km, asking for 44.5k. wouldn't even patch me to his director at an offer of 40k.

44k for a 2018!!! FFS... 2021 AMG A35 is priced at 49.8K.

Last edited:

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
well gg. unless using shipping transport because ontario and quebec border just locked down LOL.
BC just shut down too LOL so I can't ship it outside unless it's local (dealer to dealer)

Simplex123

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SGP FK8
Country flag
I felt the same way, so I just picked my MY '19 with 19K kms at $42k this weekend. The '19 is a good balance between the big jump. I love how I have a volume knob (buttons are completely useless as I use CarPlay), and the crack issue in the hatch is reinforced from factory.

Was nice that the dealer that sold it originally, installed all the CF bits inside and out :cool:

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I felt the same way, so I just picked my MY '19 with 19K kms at $42k this weekend. The '19 is a good balance between the big jump. I love how I have a volume knob (buttons are completely useless as I use CarPlay), and the crack issue in the hatch is reinforced from factory.

Was nice that the dealer that sold it originally, installed all the CF bits inside and out :cool:
What crack issue in the hatch?
Sponsored