Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Company: Geico
Model: 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Rate: $840/6 mo
No accidents or tickets to speak of, but I guess they charge more if you're younger. :(
Sponsored

Last edited:

techbrute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback, 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL, 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring
Company: AAA
Model: 2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Rate: $3500/year

Two not at fault claims in the last 5 years (rear ended both times).

I carry $5M liability, many extras like rental car coverage, roadside assistance, etc. Total value of covered vehicles is a little over $100K. I get lots of discounts for longevity (17 years with AAA), multiple policy (auto, home, life), prepayment, garaging the cars, etc.

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
Hello.

So first things' first, I am completely new to car insurance and everything about it. I'm 24 years old and I've heard that 25 and up is when car insurance rates reach their 'peak' in terms of it being cheap. I've never had a ticket before on my driver's license. Currently, I am with my uncle's insurance plan but I am sure it is expensive considering the number of tickets and accidents he's had throughout his life to affect the rates.

I plan on moving my insurance to another company under my own name when I reach 25 and when the current policy ends (which is around June). What is the process to applying for insurance?

So I guess the purpose of this thread is to be a reference for insurance of our 10th Gen Civics. I guess following the format below would make it much organized:

So I'll start:

Name of Company: AllState
Model of Civic: Touring Sedan
Rates: $888/6mo
Other Info: Has 5 other cars under the same name

Thank you - Hopefully this thread will help others who need a reference about insurance
ERIE insurance
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
Rate: $1300/year
Including homeowners insurance

mb411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport, Sonic Pearl, CVT, 20% Tint all around, Aftermarket HID 6k kit
Country flag
Name of Company: Geico
Model of Civic: '17 Touring
Rates: $1285.9/6 months
Other Info: this blows :( full coverage with roadside
I'm right there with you. This thread is depressing. All these ridiculously low numbers have me thinking WTF? I'm in Louisiana with Full coverage at 1098.00/6months and I am 31 with no tickets and 1 accident. :(

techbrute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback, 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL, 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring
Remember, your age, gender, and driving record mostly affects your liability insurance. Call and find out what your liability by itself costs. Even though I pay a total of over $3K per year, my liability is only $150 per year for two drivers, both in their 40s. Civics and other economy cars have higher liability costs than other cars, because new, inexperienced drivers are often found in these entry-level cars, giving the car a statistical "bad rep". I can tell you that my liability cost went UP when I switched my primary vehicle from an $80K SUV to the Civic.

The rest is for coverage on the cars. Your geographical area will play a HUGE role in this. In my area (Dallas) hail is a huge cost. Our comprehensive rates are higher than other places that don't have hail every year. If you live in an area that floods a lot, that can affect it.

Also, remember that Civics and Accords have extremely high theft rates. That makes a huge difference in comprehensive rates.

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I'm right there with you. This thread is depressing. All these ridiculously low numbers have me thinking WTF? I'm in Louisiana with Full coverage at 1098.00/6months and I am 31 with no tickets and 1 accident. :(
31! Wtf that's bonkers
I know for a fact when I turn 25 or whatever age it is. My rate are going to drop big time.
My brother's dropped ~100 per month after he did and he's record of full of tickets and such
So here's to waiting it out ;)

HatchSense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX w/Sensing
Name of Company: State Farm
Model of Civic: 2016 EX Hatch with sensing
Rates: $339/6 months
Other Info: Last 2 vehicles went 200,000 miles and another at 100,000 with no accidents. Married, no tickets between us two,and our homeowner insurance is through them
This question also goes out to everyone, but I was wondering if you received an extra discount due to the sensing features? I haven't called Geico yet, but I'd be interested to see if anyone is providing extra discounts for the safety features.

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This question also goes out to everyone, but I was wondering if you received an extra discount due to the sensing features? I haven't called Geico yet, but I'd be interested to see if anyone is providing extra discounts for the safety features.
They said everything is included with the VIN number and all discounts already applied. There's no extra discount for Sensing, only ABS, airbags, and I think anti theft/ or electronic stability control

Daneko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback - Sport
Remember, your age, gender, and driving record mostly affects your liability insurance. Call and find out what your liability by itself costs. Even though I pay a total of over $3K per year, my liability is only $150 per year for two drivers, both in their 40s. Civics and other economy cars have higher liability costs than other cars, because new, inexperienced drivers are often found in these entry-level cars, giving the car a statistical "bad rep". I can tell you that my liability cost went UP when I switched my primary vehicle from an $80K SUV to the Civic.

The rest is for coverage on the cars. Your geographical area will play a HUGE role in this. In my area (Dallas) hail is a huge cost. Our comprehensive rates are higher than other places that don't have hail every year. If you live in an area that floods a lot, that can affect it.

Also, remember that Civics and Accords have extremely high theft rates. That makes a huge difference in comprehensive rates.
Feels bad man, yeah Texas also has really high rates due to many people here not having insurance. Sucks how much insurance rates can vary based on so many different factors.

zonka81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan LSM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Name of Company: American Family
Model of Civic: 2016 EX
Rates: ~$1100/YEAR
Other Info: On parents insurance

SFTOURING

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic Hybrid, 2006 CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

When purchasing the insurance, to my knowledge there was no discount for that.

Here is what I'm paying:

Name of Company: Ameriprise
Model of Civic: '16 Touring
Rates: $1060/6 months
Other Info: 2 driver, 3 cars. Deductible $500

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Name of Company: Geico
Model of Civic: '17 Touring
Rates: $1285.9/6 months
Other Info: this blows :( full coverage with roadside
Switching to Progressive for 1308/ 6 months. 335 for first month then 195 for the rest. And for way more coverage. Double the liability (from the basic 25k/50k/25k), double uninsured motorist blah blah etc. So I'm semi content
Sponsored