How much do you make in your career/job?

How much do you make in your career/job?

• $100k+

Votes: 23 24.2%
  • $75-$100k/year

Votes: 23 24.2%
  • $50-$75k/year

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • $25-$50k/year

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • $0- $25k/year

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Outsourcing is a major factor with IT work. People sticking in a job past 10 years is rare and pay tends to stagnate. Longest I have been with a company is 7 years. Shortest was 1 year. Many people choose consultant work with a 1099 instead of a w2 since the illusion of job security gets old.
can you clarify what you mean by this? you seemed to have a lot of success with IT work and good salary over the years.
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Consultant positions are filled by head hunters like Robert Half Staffing. They offer higher pay for taking a job without benefits. Most of these positions are temp-to-hire. I have done them a few times and earned between $27-75 hourly for it. But I also had to pay for my own health insurance. Back when i was single i just went without health insurance. Now with a wife and 3 kids, i need health insurance.

Most IT positions are salary based. Good ones have annual bonus and/or profit sharing. Most have 401k but few offer a decent match and very few offer a static contribution. Most will expect extra hours worked as needed and few will offer added compensation as income, most will offer comp days.

I am not knocking it, but I won't paint it as all rosy either. If you are interested in learning I recommend linuxacademy for Linux and AWS courses.

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
He's kinda right, IT is an ever evolving field where you have to stay at the cutting edge or you stagnate. DoD is the only place where IT won't be outsourced and salaries are high depending on if you're a contractor or civilian.

ChadGregory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
In my case, the income I earn in my job fluctuates based on various factors, such as years of experience, the specific sector I'm working in, and the geographical location. It's also worth noting that ongoing professional development and specializations can significantly influence earnings over time. If you're interested in exploring salary ranges in different professions, I came across an excellent resource that you might find useful. For anyone curious about careers in the veterinary field or similar areas, this website https://www.veterinaryschoolsu.com/ offers a wealth of information. It's not just about salaries, but also about the educational paths, career opportunities, and industry trends.
Sponsored