How much did you pay?

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
I told them I want out the door, no dealer accessories ie: KARR Alarm, Wheel Locks, Security Etching. And Cooper emailed me within the hour. I went in, looked at the car (I had already test drivin the EX and EX-T at RSM) Norm Reeves happened to have the color I wanted in the EX-T (Cosmo Blue). I went in and we did the deal. Now of course I went into financing and they tried to add stuff and I told them absolutely not and started to get up and Sam in finance started stuttering and said ok, ok). They actually let me take the car without paying for i (which seemed very odd to me but I'm from Utah). I didn't have time to transfer the money since I paid cash, I wanted to wire the money but they wouldn't let me. I brought the check in the next morning by 9:30. Sam (finance) was kind of your typical finance guy very pushy and rude, he didn't think I was actually going to pay for the car - that it would fall into their financing if I didn't bring the money in by Sunday morning. And was wiriting notes all over my folder with a big black sharpie. Dealing with him was the only unpleasant experience. If you get the car from the Irvine location I highly recommend you don't have your sales guy pair you with him. I guy I dealt with Friday morning when I dropped off the check was very pleasant. Maybe Brad and Cooper are related, see what Brad comes back with, but maybe call Cooper directly too. You can give him my name and that I bought the car Thursday afternoon (username is my fist name). GOOD LUCK!!!
Wouldn't it be nice to not have to see the slick pushy sales manager after dealing with the salesman? I've just test driven civics from a couple of places.The salesmen were very pleasant Both times I had to shake hands with their manager before leaving. I wish people here would post their good experiences with these guys. I live outside Chicago and would rather drive awhile to avoid these sharks.

tsthomas322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/ Sensing
I leased mine from Scott Robinson Honda 2 weeks back and got the 2016 Civic EX-T w/ sensing and alarm for $21.5 before taxes and fees.

If you factor in the trade-in of $3k with nothing else down, I am paying $200.88 per month which is including 3 years of free maintenance. They tried to say the maintenance was $60/year but by my calculations they paid me $75 to take the maintenance contract. I would consider this an excellent deal and I had to bring in an offer from another dealer to get it down to that price.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
For the EX-T Sedan, I bought it for 22k OTD at Hardin Honda (in Anaheim) a few weeks ago so you should be able to do it as well. Was super easy. Probably left within an hour?
Bought our HRV there early this year. Met the best salesman at the time. Wish they would have the car I want when I buy get sport hatch.

huangd79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
$21695 OTD for hatchback, LX, CVT from Riverside Honda. Got quote online. No haggling, pushy upsells, or surprises. Great experience.

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
$21695 OTD for hatchback, LX, CVT from Riverside Honda. Got quote online. No haggling, pushy upsells, or surprises. Great experience.
Congratulations, how many dealers did you contact online before choosing this price?

huangd79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations, how many dealers did you contact online before choosing this price?
I got quotes from 3-5 local dealers online either directly or via truecar. It was hard finding the exact color and trim I wanted since most dealers have only a few in stock at the time (almost two weeks ago). I ended up getting quote from Riverside Honda's website that beat the previous lowest quote by almost $600. I was very skeptical at first, but it turn out to be legit.

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
I got quotes from 3-5 local dealers online either directly or via truecar. It was hard finding the exact color and trim I wanted since most dealers have only a few in stock at the time (almost two weeks ago). I ended up getting quote from Riverside Honda's website that beat the previous lowest quote by almost $600. I was very skeptical at first, but it turn out to be legit.
I'm glad you got your target price with such few competitors involved. I'm plannig to start looking online after christmas day for a 2017. I know by then the lunar silver may not be easy to find in a 2016 anyway or any other specific color. I'm happy for you .:)

asoror

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Ex
I'm looking for 2017 EX with Honda Sensing in SoCal. Did my research using Truecar/Edmunds/costco. Best offer I got was a base price of $20,200 with no added accessories. Should I go with that offer or wait? I'll go through my bank for financing anyway.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
25.7K for a 2017 red Hatch sport. dealer tag on a $800 alarm system, huge mark up but mine got valet mode now.....

Last edited:

lem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996-ESi, 1992-Camry, 2006-Lancer, 2017-EX Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine for $24,598.96 OTD EX-CVT hatchback

huangd79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking for 2017 EX with Honda Sensing in SoCal. Did my research using Truecar/Edmunds/costco. Best offer I got was a base price of $20,200 with no added accessories. Should I go with that offer or wait? I'll go through my bank for financing anyway.
I don't know where you live, but give Riverside Honda a try if you're close enough.

raygold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Everyone here has been so forthcoming in the deals so I wanted to pay the group back by posting my experience. I know the best time to shop is at the end of the month. I was not quite ready to buy at the end of November so I decided to wait until the end of December and thought it might help that it coincided with the end of the year. On Monday, 12/26, I sent out requests for quotes on a base White with Ivory leather 2017 Civic Touring sedan. I requested the price include all fees, taxes, dealer add-ons that were required to be purchased. I said that I would be buying the car by the end of the week, 12/31. I sent requests to 23-dealers in Central and Southern CA. I received prices from 15 of them. There was a $2,450 spread between the highest and the lowest. After 48-hours I wrote back to each of the bidding dealers offering a chance to lower their initial quote. Most of them took advantage of that offer and sent a slightly lower offer. The 2nd lowest initial price dealer offered to go lower if I would show them a lower price. I did have a lower price but I don’t think it was a real quote because she said in several emails she could not commit to the price unless I filled out a credit app to show I was serious. Needless to say, she was too squirley to continue negotiating with and I believe she was low balling me. I decided to go with the 2nd lowest price dealer. The only hitch was that they were 103 miles across LA from me. I live in Santa Barbara. I decided to offer one of the original 2 dealers that were kind enough to give me a test ride and discuss the pros and cons a chance to match this lowest price as he is only 20 miles from me. He immediately did so without blinking an eye. I was delighted to give him the business and warned him not to let the F&I guy give me any jazz regarding extras as I was paying cash. It all went swimmingly well and I was treated like royalty even though the dealership was swamped on Friday afternoon. My original salesman had 2 other families with him and he asked another salesman to assist me in closing the deal. The other salesman could not have been more helpful and he ran everything and passed me on to the F&I guy who I joked around with and did not do anything but one time ask if I wanted an extended warranty. I said no thanks and that was it. We concluded the deal and I drove my white Civic Touring home. I could not have been more pleased. As I said I asked for the base car with no extras. This dealership always adds at least the Clear Shield Pro Package (door edges) $399 and Honda Protection Package $799 (wheel locks, cargo mat, and set of splash guards). In addition this car had the Automate Security System $795. As I pointed out all I wanted was the OTD price so all of this was included in my lowest price. Other than the test drives, all of my dealings with the dealerships were by email. I never had to go through the negotiating between salesman and sales manager. I really think this is the way to go once you decide on exactly what you want. I hope this helps someone and would be glad to answer any questions as this forum has been so helpful to me. Here is the breakdown:
MSRP: $27,435
Clear Shield Pro $399
Honda Protection Package $795
Automate Security System $795
MSRP Total $29,424

Price I paid: $24,651 includes Clear Shield Pro, Honda Protection Package, and Automate Security Systems

Doc Fee: $80
Licence and Fees: $298.75
8% Sales Tax:$1978.49
Total: $27,008.24
Sponsored