• Total voters

randomwalk101

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prospect
How much did you paid? I'm sure a lot of us are curious as so many dealers are ADM way over. Some even ADM $30k.
Just vote if you want to be anonymous ...
Sponsored

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
It might be more interesting to have more granular amounts between MSRP and $5k as I'd imagine that's where the majority of recent sales end up.

SBD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Honda CR-V
Country flag
How much did you paid? I'm sure a lot of us are curious as so many dealers are ADM way over. Some even ADM $30k.
Just vote if you want to be anonymous ...
MSRP

uhhhson

First Name
jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TACOMA, 2015 EVO X, 2018 CIVIC TYPE R
Country flag
I paid 39k and i feel that the car's worth that. the competition sells for the 40k range and I like the type r more than the sti, foucs rs or golf R. I contacted 15-20 dealers and none of them would budge off 40k

sushi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type R
Purchased used from a dealer and paid a bit over new car cost. Still happy with the deal. I drove it prior to purchase and was impressed enough to do the deal.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
The lady that sold me my Type r had basically no clue how hot the car was gunna be. So to her it was like selling a Honda Pilot. They where happy that I was willing to pay msrp & not a dime more.. and roughly 35k in cash will really get the dealers moving around that place lol

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Cash to a dealer doesn’t matter. Truly... they rather finance to have the extra claims for the business.

Either way amazing snag!! :)

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, I believe when someone walks into a dealer and pays cash to purchase or cash to make all the lease payments at once, the dealer handles them like gold.

Not fair, but it is true. I've seen it first hand.
I’ve bought 4 vehicles (including 35th Z & Exige) by cash (brand new vehicles) and 2 cars by finance. Zero difference and if anything I received a better deal on both finances due to the dealer giving incentives to finance through them.

Why would a dealer give the person paying in cash more acknowledgment when they will make less money on the vehicle than the financed vehicle lol...

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I paid MSRP and taxes plus costs associated with accessories that I myself chose to purchase (was not obligated to by the dealer).

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
OK, to be fair, this poll might be misleading in that:

1. If you fly or drive 1,500 miles to buy a CTR in North Dakota, then you are indirectly paying an ADM-equivalent by way of an airfare, cab/Uber, lodging, meals, tolls, depreciation (especially with tires with 10,000 mile tread life!), value of vacation/leisure/family time, so on. If you simply transport the car, that could be nearly $1,000, if not more.

2. If your dealer required you to buy their $3,000 package of tint, pinstripes, alarm, CarJack, mats, and my all time fave, nitro, then you really paid an ADM-equivalent of, say, $2,000. Whether you bought OEM or non-factory accessories and add-ons, if you got something you wouldn't have purchased on your own and/or paid more than the dealer's regular price, then you paid an ADM-equivalent. Ditto for car warranty and tire/wheel warranty at inflated prices (e.g., $3,000 for a 6 year bumper-to-bumper warranty).

Clearly, many folks have bought a CTR at MSRP at their semi-local dealer with no add-ons. But there are also tons who incurred the hidden charges or expenses (indirect or actual out-of-pocket), but never realize it.

Just sayin'

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OK, to be fair, this poll might be misleading in that:

1. If you fly or drive 1,500 miles to buy a CTR in North Dakota, then you are indirectly paying an ADM-equivalent by way of an airfare, cab/Uber, lodging, meals, tolls, depreciation (especially with tires with 10,000 mile tread life!), value of vacation/leisure/family time, so on. If you simply transport the car, that could be nearly $1,000, if not more.

Just sayin'
Exactly. I know I'm paying ADM but the dealership is less than 15 miles from my garage. That alone made the slight adjustment over MSRP worth it to me. Especially for someone anal about putting a clear bra on immediately.

childishthing

Chief Hamster Wrangler
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (sold), 2018 Civic Type R (sold), 2020 Civic Si (current)
Country flag
Bump! I need to see some hope as I'm looking for mine.
Sponsored