dantastic

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring - Burgundy Night Pearl
Country flag
Happy New Year everyone! So I already own a 2017 Touring Sedan (which I am giving to my daughter who graduated college this past May) and I am looking at a 2019 Touring Coupe (black on black). I went to a dealer yesterday in NJ and was able to negotiate $26,800 OTD...is that a good price? I am going to shop that around tomorrow (Monday) to see if I can shave a few more $$ off, but I think that is a pretty good price. Any feedback on what you paid would be helpful. Thanks!
Sponsored

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
$26k OTD would be a steal. In the massive "what did you pay thread" I see Sport Touring's going OTD for $26k or so.

Also a 2017 Touring sedan is a stellar gift for a new college grad. Most kids would be thrilled if their parents got them a Hyundai Excel or a later model Chevy Cavalier.

ski-line900

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Seems crazy that they lowered the MSRP enough to eliminate sales tax, delivery charges etc. How are they making anything?

jetydosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Need to compare price of the car - not the OTD price as there are waaaaaaay too many variables regionally to be a helpful comparison.

OP
OP

dantastic

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Need to compare price of the car - not the OTD price as there are waaaaaaay too many variables regionally to be a helpful comparison.

ok...good point. So here is how it would break down:

~MSRP $27,745
~$24,347 negotiated price (includes $895 destination)
~ 1646.05 (NJ tax)
~$499 (Doc fee)
~$301 (DMV)
~7.50 (tire tax)
Total OTD = $26,800

OP
OP

dantastic

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
$26k OTD would be a steal. In the massive "what did you pay thread" I see Sport Touring's going OTD for $26k or so.

Also a 2017 Touring sedan is a stellar gift for a new college grad. Most kids would be thrilled if their parents got them a Hyundai Excel or a later model Chevy Cavalier.
I agree it is an amazing gift....but, I rather her safe on the road with my "newer" car than buying someone else's headache and worry about her breaking down on the road and such.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
I agree it is an amazing gift....but, I rather her safe on the road with my "newer" car than buying someone else's headache and worry about her breaking down on the road and such.
Wow spoiled much? Entitled generation for sure.

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
Wow spoiled much? Entitled generation for sure.
Not really. Its a civic. its lot better than gifting a mustang or Jeep wrangler - I have seen kids driving camaros in Texas. Its a good decision.

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
Country flag
26K sounds about right. I think that’s what I paid for mine at Madison, WI.
Sponsored