How much are you paying for your CTR?

What is your agreement with your dealer?

• Total voters

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
I just noticed this thread, +5k here, not bothered by it at all, I also got 2% financing.

I think those numbers are badly skewed by people that want to say "I paid MSRP" vs the people that don't want to talk about the ADM they paid.

I would bet that the results would be 60/40 or 70/30 if all the people that paid ADM answered.
Sponsored

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
I just noticed this thread, +5k here, not bothered by it at all, I also got 2% financing.

I think those numbers are badly skewed by people that want to say "I paid MSRP" vs the people that don't want to talk about the ADM they paid.

I would bet that the results would be 60/40 or 70/30 if all the people that paid ADM answered.
Also of note, the Honda dealers play games with "Doc Fees" which can end up adding another $1,000 in ADM. It's just called something different, but it's still ADM. An actual MSRP deal would only add tax, tag, and title. 99% of the time the dealer charges 3X the actual cost for tag and title, again nothing goes by without additional padding.

So I wonder, for a 2017 model, if there is even a single person who truly paid MSRP. For example, $34,775+7% tax + tag & title fees. In my state that would be an OTD cost of $37,309.25. I doubt we'd see an OTD price that low until this time next year.

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Also of note, the Honda dealers play games with "Doc Fees" which can end up adding another $1,000 in ADM. It's just called something different, but it's still ADM. An actual MSRP deal would only add tax, tag, and title. 99% of the time the dealer charges 3X the actual cost for tag and title, again nothing goes by without additional padding.

So I wonder, for a 2017 model, if there is even a single person who truly paid MSRP. For example, $34,775+7% tax + tag & title fees. In my state that would be an OTD cost of $37,309.25. I doubt we'd see an OTD price that low until this time next year.
I paid $34755 which was $20 lower than msrp and I'm not sure how that happened. My dealer fee was $130 and 7.5% tax, tag, and title so yes it is possible.

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
I paid $34755 which was $20 lower than msrp and I'm not sure how that happened. My dealer fee was $130 and 7.5% tax, tag, and title so yes it is possible.
You could be the only one :thumbsup:! Particularly in the state of New York. So was your final OTD price exactly $37,491.63?

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
I guess you got lucky, there are at least 25 people on the list for this dealer since they ARE really selling @ MSRP.
Yes sir! I knew this would be a problem so I had a deposit down with them months before the CTR came out. I called around to about 10 dealers in the area and got lucky that the one that's a mile from my house was willing to go MSRP. Actually at the time i knew more about what and when they would get a CTR then they did (thanks to these forums). Funny thing is i got a call from about 3 of the dealers looking to see if i was still interested after i already had mine and i had fun saying "no thanks Crown sold me mine at MSRP." :p
Sponsored