How much are you paying for your CTR?

What is your agreement with your dealer?

• Total voters

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
I sat there today as the salesman did their good cop, bad cop thing.

"You can buy it and if you don't like it, sell it and and make money"

"Your gonna regret it, the cars limited. Dealers are only getting one a piece and once they are gone nobody's getting anymore"

I explained I'm buying this car to daily it like 20 times and they just kept talking about this hypothetical resale value. Ultimately they told me it was 10k over but since I was there now they would do it for 7 over. I drove an hour each way to look at it because they said it would be in this morning. (It never came)
I again had to shut them down by saying I'm not paying 43k for a civic. I'll take my chances. My contact told me later that somebody did end up buying it later today for 47k sight unseen... Whoever that was is a better man than me! lol
Agreed. The sales pitch is ridiculous. I'm buying it to drive it and I plan to keep it. MSRP is a fair price. $10K over isn't. Those buying into the dealer hype that ADM is going to be riding high in 2018 are smoking crack. If it is riding high in Sep I'll be shocked. There are plenty of people buying NOW at MSRP. There is a Ford dealer listing $65K for an RS right now and like 50 others listing them at MSRP. Someone MIGHT buy it but I can't see how. CTR styling is so polarizing that demand is going to be sky high at launch, and then it is going to plummet like a rock.
Sponsored

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
i know im late to the party here, ive been stalking the forum for months and finally decided to register up. personally ive been very lucky. ive been a tech at my dealer for a few years now so i was able to get on the list pretty quickly. i actually wasnt first but the guy before me decided to back out, his reasoning? didnt think his kids seats would fit in the back. so im honestly not sure if he was serious or just thought it would never happen. none the less im up next in line. also very fortunate for me that i work at a dealer where the owner is very very strict and will never i mean NEVER sell a vehicle above msrps. so whatever the offical price is when released is what im set to pay.

CTRAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTR
Country flag
Agreed. The sales pitch is ridiculous. I'm buying it to drive it and I plan to keep it. MSRP is a fair price. $10K over isn't. Those buying into the dealer hype that ADM is going to be riding high in 2018 are smoking crack. If it is riding high in Sep I'll be shocked. There are plenty of people buying NOW at MSRP. There is a Ford dealer listing $65K for an RS right now and like 50 others listing them at MSRP. Someone MIGHT buy it but I can't see how. CTR styling is so polarizing that demand is going to be sky high at launch, and then it is going to plummet like a rock.

CTRAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTR
Country flag
My point exactly...

Yes I want it but I'm not gonna die if I don't get it right away. I will take my chances and if I end up not getting one in the near future oh well. I'll be damned if I let a dealer have the upper hand!

Hell I'll just go buy another Evo if they keep playing lol

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
My point exactly...

Yes I want it but I'm not gonna die if I don't get it right away. I will take my chances and if I end up not getting one in the near future oh well. I'll be damned if I let a dealer have the upper hand!

Hell I'll just go buy another Evo if they keep playing lol
I feel the same way, I really want this car and daydream a lot about it, but I won't be paying any markup for this car. Everyone else that is doing it is ruining it for everyone else. Rich or not, they are buying into the BS the sales people are spitting out. Yes it is a "suggested" price, but when have you paid more than that? It's usually less than that.

I'm willing to buy 2k in add ons, but they must be at MSRP as well if not less than that. I'm talking about the carbon fiber package.

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
I feel the same way, I really want this car and daydream a lot about it, but I won't be paying any markup for this car. Everyone else that is doing it is ruining it for everyone else. Rich or not, they are buying into the BS the sales people are spitting out. Yes it is a "suggested" price, but when have you paid more than that? It's usually less than that.

I'm willing to buy 2k in add ons, but they must be at MSRP as well if not less than that. I'm talking about the carbon fiber package.
Enough! It's a free economy. Buy or don't. The judging on this forum is ridiculous. Peeps on here are adults. The crying and complaining about MSRP and adm is annoying. Not in support for ADM but the judgemental comments etc. is old. Congrats to all buyers, MSRP, ADM or invoice if that exist.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Enough! It's a free economy. Buy or don't. The judging on this forum is ridiculous. Peeps on here are adults. The crying and complaining about MSRP and adm is annoying. Not in support for ADM but the judgemental comments etc. is old. Congrats to all buyers, MSRP, ADM or invoice if that exist.
I've been saving up for this car since the rumors started. I can complain about people with money to waste if I want. I don't have money to waste, and want something nice for myself just like everyone else here.

Yes, everyone willing to accept ADM before they even know the price of the car is ruining it for people that are less fortunate than others. They're scared that they will miss out on a chance for a car that might be a one time thing here.

We had a guy on here agree to 50k OTD way before the price leaked, and the dealer renegged, in Florida. So yeah, dumb people with money to waste are ruining it for people that want this car. It's a Honda Civic, a company that has been a staple for the middle class.

I could go off tangent and whine about the rules keeping a direct from Honda purchase, as it's only a thing here in the US, while other countries can pre order exactly what they want or have rules against ADM.

So again, I can complain all I want. Just like you can pay more for a car and ruin it for everyone else. I've been calling to places since January asking to put a deposit down and they all want more than sticker or it's first come first serve with no answer on pricing until I show up. So maybe understand my frustration instead or don't respond to my complaints.

All you guys ok with ADM, congrats on how fortunate you must be to afford to waste money.

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
jealousy
[jel-uh-see]
noun, plural jeal·ous·ies for 4.
  1. jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.

About sums it up

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been saving up for this car since the rumors started. I can complain about people with money to waste if I want. I don't have money to waste, and want something nice for myself just like everyone else here.

Yes, everyone willing to accept ADM before they even know the price of the car is ruining it for people that are less fortunate than others. They're scared that they will miss out on a chance for a car that might be a one time thing here.

We had a guy on here agree to 50k OTD way before the price leaked, and the dealer renegged, in Florida. So yeah, dumb people with money to waste are ruining it for people that want this car. It's a Honda Civic, a company that has been a staple for the middle class.

I could go off tangent and whine about the rules keeping a direct from Honda purchase, as it's only a thing here in the US, while other countries can pre order exactly what they want or have rules against ADM.

So again, I can complain all I want. Just like you can pay more for a car and ruin it for everyone else. I've been calling to places since January asking to put a deposit down and they all want more than sticker or it's first come first serve with no answer on pricing until I show up. So maybe understand my frustration instead or don't respond to my complaints.

All you guys ok with ADM, congrats on how fortunate you must be to afford to waste money.
You see it as money to waste, they see it as expendable income. Yeah it sucks but it is what it is. People with money may be putting this car out of reach for you right now. Just wait 6 months and youll be able to get it at MSRP. If you HAVE to have it day one, then you better be willing to pay more than MSRP or spend lots of time shopping dealers across the USA, and if you cant or wont, well then it just sounds like jealous whining.

redwing497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda S2000, 2019 CW CTR
Country flag
You see it as money to waste, they see it as expendable income. Yeah it sucks but it is what it is. People with money may be putting this car out of reach for you right now. Just wait 6 months and youll be able to get it at MSRP. If you HAVE to have it day one, then you better be willing to pay more than MSRP or spend lots of time shopping dealers across the USA, and if you cant or wont, well then it just sounds like jealous whining.
That's the thing, though, even in 6 months there's a good possibility ADM will still be a thing. These will be all the people who didn't get one the 1st and 2nd batch. I think we're underestimating the number of people who want this car

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's the thing, though, even in 6 months there's a good possibility ADM will still be a thing. These will be all the people who didn't get one the 1st and 2nd batch. I think we're underestimating the number of people who want this car
Maybe, but unless you just have to be one of the first people to own it, then patience will pay off in the form of extra $$$$ in the pocket

NSXCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2017 Acura NSX, 2017 CW Honda Civic Type R
No body wants to pay ADM, but keep in mind this is the first Civic TYPE R ever imported in to the American soil. So the price of the CTR will skyrocket due to the overwhelm amount of demand. The cars without ADM are cars that do not create this much hype or demand. Simple supply and demand in economics. But i do understand the frustration most people have tho.

JayeGee

JaysCTR2528
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 EK HATCH EJ6 & 2017 CTR FK8
Country flag
I live in socal the average ADM is 10k-22k from walk-in experience till i found a dealership that was only marking up 5k so i jumped at 39k OTD i saw it as a good opportunity or never have one so i choose.
Sponsored