How many Si's vs. other Civic's have you seen out in the wild?

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I have to admit I see A LOT of Civic's on the road here in Vegas. I'd say about 70%-80% are LX's..the next being EX's and I'm pleasantly surprised when I see Civic Sport's. I don't see many Si's or Type-R's out there but it's really cool when one pops up in my rear view mirror! How about you? Do you see many Si's or Type-R's driving down the white lines?
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I see so many Civic LX/EX/Sport and hatch variants on a daily basis, but your're right about Si sightings being rare. I think I've only seen about 1-2 Si's on the road in the past few years. I've actually seen more Type R's just in my own city lol

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Here in the Bay area and when I travel to LA I see a ton of regular Civics (about as common as Camrys and Corollas), followed by Civics Sports Hatch, and rarely do I see Gen X Si's, and maybe I have seen around three CTR's probably due to them only having a MT option. I suspect you would see more Si's if they offered CVT

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
A couple days ago, I was following a white Si Coupe and we were both passed by a black Si sedan. I typically see a couple a day, but I spend a lot of time in traffic.

HoldTheRice

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Here I see TONS of EX/LX sedans, a few coupes. Alot more sport hatches than anything, and when it comes to Si / Type-R I've seen at least one of each in every color at one point.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I've only seen 1 type R around here in PA and 2 other Si's I pass leaving work in the mornings. Alot of sport and lx. And none that want to play around with my Si. I guess no pride in this community.

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Civics are a dime a dozen. Lots of the base models, a few Si's here and there, and a few sport tourings sprinkled in. One day, i was at a light and there were 4 Civics and an accord at the front of the line. Two of the Civics (including mine) were Si models

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Here in Michigan, almost never. I'll see 1 maybe like once every 2 months... just because its Mi, which, unlike every other state, is mostly junk American cars on the road here.

When I lived in Maryland, I would see a 10th generation Si 3 - 4 times a month.

ripcord291

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Platinum White Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Indianapolis, IN i seen about 2-3 Si's and 2 CTR. I figured i would see more Si's. See alot of LX/EX tho. lol the other day i seen for the first time ever a LX/CTR/Si. It was a hatchback with a CTR wing but as i got closer it said Si in the window. To each their own and im not bashing his car but it did throw me for a loop when i couldnt figure out what kinda honda it was.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
A couple days ago, I was following a white Si Coupe and we were both passed by a black Si sedan. I typically see a couple a day, but I spend a lot of time in traffic.
If it was in the Berryessa or around that area of San Jose and a black Si sedan that was probably me

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Civics are ubiquitous in Toronto. I don’t see as many Si or Type R obviously. But I generally see more CTR than SI. when I do see a CTR and Si, it’s an event. Such pretty cars. You don’t realize how nice your car is till you see someone else with one

OP
OP
ebhaynz

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
It's weird, we don't see a lot of Si's out on the road but this Si forum is at least half as popular(76,000 Si posts vs. 128,000 Gen Civic posts) as the General 10th Gen forum. Weird because there's probably a ratio of 20-1 in sales.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I have seen one here near me that is a twin to mine (si coupe wop) but has the red hfp lip.

Suprised I have not seen more.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve had mine about 15 months now. Here in Charlotte, I see a ton of hatches and the lx/ex variants. I’ve only ever seen 2 Type R’s, and maybe 5-7 Si’s. They’re are actually 2 Si owners that live within like a 2 mile radius of me.
Sponsored