How many of you Si owners are cigarette smokers?

Do you smoke cigarettes?

• Yes, but trying to quit

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • I used to

Votes: 46 30.3%
  • Never have, im healthy

Votes: 68 44.7%
  • I do not smoke, but I'm still not healthy!

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 5 3.3%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Honda_RacerX

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
So far, I am really surprised by this poll with so few smokers on this forum.

U S A!
U S A!
U S A!
Sponsored

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is the fascination with vaping? I can see vaping cannabis but just plain or THC vape wtf is the point?

I mean it looks really stupid, but to each there own. I’m an older millennial and can’t understand the youngsters these days.
GET OFF MY LAWN!:bat:
Like Micah, I vape for nicotine my friend!! No other reason. Sad thing is I think I’m more addicted to the vape than I ever was to cigarettes. I used to go out to the garage or before I got in the car etc., but now, it’s all the time. I work from home quite a bit and it’s puff all day...I need to quit but I get my nicotine and that o so sweet juice. Yeah, I’m a dork and I don’t care.

Edit: I will say at 42 my blood pressure, resting heart rate, cholesterol, are all good and I’d say I’m in much better shape than most men my age. Just can’t kick this habit.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
started at 1.50 a carton stopped at 1.00 a pack. 20 years smoking close to 30 not. only lingering side effect is every so often i dream i started smoking again, and get really pissed at myself for doing so, then i wake up.

buck fifty a carton was tax free ciggs out at sea.
smokin butts on airplanes, was cool also, blowin yer smoke in the direction of other diners was the norm.
big question is why do they still use a cigarette lighter socket for the 12v outlet.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I’ve been vaping about 5 years now. Still smoke some on the weekends or at social things if others are smoking. But mainly vape. Not sure what all this stuff on the news is about as I have never had a problem.
The stuff on the news is from idiot kids buying THC pods from the "black market" or smoking like 5 Juul pods at once.

Also heard rumor that knock off juul pods have made their way from china and some stores are carrying them because they can get them at half price. From what I've heard, they look exactly like the legit ones.
The black market pods are mixed with all types of nasty stuff that can kill you.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The stuff on the news is from idiot kids buying THC pods from the "black market" or smoking like 5 Juul pods at once.

Also heard rumor that knock off juul pods have made their way from china and some stores are carrying them because they can get them at half price. From what I've heard, they look exactly like the legit ones.
The black market pods are mixed with all types of nasty stuff that can kill you.
Yeah, I read that. That stuff has been around a while too for like years so not sure what’s going on now. What if those kids making those pods did distribute so much they are responsible for a lot of it? Just crazy after like 5+ years this is happening. But no one really knew cigarettes were bad for a while either I don’t think. I’ve always does the coil and juice or started with the atomizers and juice.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cases of people developing serious pulmonary issues while vaping are starting to accumulate. These are cases of pulmonary fibrosis and even acute respiratory distress syndrome, which in many cases leads to intubation and has a high mortality rate. Most of these cases involve young people who exclusively vape. There has been no real pattern as to the type of vaping. THC, custom rigs, mainstream devices, juice from various sources appear in these cases.

While it is a means to aid quitting smoking, it is not a safe habit. There are no regulations or testing to maintain safe standards of production. It hasn't been around long enough to discern any long term effects.

Be careful y'all

Disclosure, I was a smoker for close to twenty years and work in the medical field in respiratory care

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cases of people developing serious pulmonary issues while vaping are starting to accumulate. These are cases of pulmonary fibrosis and even acute respiratory distress syndrome, which in many cases leads to intubation and has a high mortality rate. Most of these cases involve young people who exclusively vape. There has been no real pattern as to the type of vaping. THC, custom rigs, mainstream devices, juice from various sources appear in these cases.

While it is a means to aid quitting smoking, it is not a safe habit. There are no regulations or testing to maintain safe standards of production. It hasn't been around long enough to discern any long term effects.

Be careful y'all

Disclosure, I was a smoker for close to twenty years and work in the medical field in respiratory care
I do agree with you for most part. Really is no reason to be inhaling anything other than air. The flavors have definitely attracted the teenagers who think it’s cool and tasty. They don’t realize they are getting addicted to nicotine in the process. Brilliant marketing...

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
I do agree with you for most part. Really is no reason to be inhaling anything other than air. The flavors have definitely attracted the teenagers who think it’s cool and tasty. They don’t realize they are getting addicted to nicotine in the process. Brilliant marketing...
I agree with this although pure oxygen is a nice substitute for muscle recovery and sports, or those with emphysema or pulmonary fibrosis from vaping

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Regardless of the title there's no option for "Yes"?

I'm a smoker, not really trying to quit, though, obviously, it'd be better for me. Other than where I live (Dayton, Ohio), where a lot of people still smoke, I feel more and more like an outcast. I understand why, but as a respectful smoker the dirty looks get annoying. Maybe I should be living in France or Japan, but, ya know, land of the free and stuff.

I tried vaping for a little bit but it made me feel worse than smoking cigarettes and I don't trust what the juice is doing, and that was before all this noise about vaping was being made.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
@aighead. You had better hope a Democrat isn’t elected because they are gonna ban all forms of Tobacco and confiscate your smokes for the good of the environment and your own personal health.

Thereafter, everyone will be forced to drive a state issued Tesla and consume at least 1 vape cartridge or multiple vape cartridges daily. All people will be required to wear a baggy white or grey T-shirt with with khaki or blue jean pants or shorts that are to large and sag to reveal your state owned boxers of red white or blue. This will be accentuated by your local city’s team or emblem on a flat brimmed New Era hat that must be worn cocked to the right at an angle of 25-35 degrees from set face. If it’s worn backwards the same applies cocked to the left at a 25-35 degree angle respectfully)

(This is for all males and females to prevent sexism) also the term is now “person” to speak with any other individuals or who there indemnify as the human species.

Carry on smoke em if you got em
(Whilst you still can)

OP
OP
Honda_RacerX

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag

I'm a smoker, not really trying to quit, though, obviously, it'd be better for me. Other than where I live (Dayton, Ohio), where a lot of people still smoke, I feel more and more like an outcast. I understand why, but as a respectful smoker the dirty looks get annoying. Maybe I should be living in France or Japan, but, ya know, land of the free and stuff.

I tried vaping for a little bit but it made me feel worse than smoking cigarettes and I don't trust what the juice is doing, and that was before all this noise about vaping was being made.
Fixed

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I tried vaping when I quit smoking and got the same off feeling from it.

My dad smoked till the day he died of cancer and had no desire to quit. It was his choice, and as a family we respected it. He liked doing it, it helped him relax, and it gave him a release while overcoming alcoholism. No judgement. You're an adult :respect:

Edit: it wasn't lung cancer btw

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Been vaping since 2011, no issues. Bloodwork is fine. I am 42. What will eventually get me to quit is the nicotine users rate for life insurance...

Dawsfc3

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
I do not smoke, but the guy who owned the 2017 I test drove must have chain smoked on the daily while driving around. He traded it in with only 11k (and I suspect left a tune on it).

Edit: also, I cannot claim the non-smoking option. Where's the "I don't smoke, but I ain't healthy neither"
Same here bought a 2018 with 5k on it. Took a couple of months to finally get the smell out.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
@aighead. You had better hope a Democrat isn’t elected because they are gonna ban all forms of Tobacco and confiscate your smokes for the good of the environment and your own personal health.
Preaching to the choir, man. However, smoking may be the least of my concerns there... I clearly remember Corbin Dallas' (was it the other way around?) shorty cigarette.
Sponsored