First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i use a Rift S with a GTX 1080ti a core i7 8700K and Logitec G29 with a few mods...i play mostly sim racing and some onward/pavlov from time to time...i love gaming! VR to me is worth every penny...driving in VR is SUCH a blast.

On my gaming chair (DX Racer formula) i have a Buttkicker Gamer 2 so i can feel the engine revs and transmission shift and stuff...it's REALLY good when combined with VR immersion and the feedback from the steering wheel it just make sense...it's amazing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I very recently got into VR with a Valve Index. I'm trying to get through Alyx and have played a small amount of modded Skyrim VR. I'm having a blast but usually have to quit after an hour and a half. I've never had motion sickness until VR. I want to get into some flight sims but I'm waiting until I can save for a good hotas setup.

The first time Alduin landed right above me in the Skyrim opening will be burned into my brain forever. VR really lets you appreciate the scale of something much larger than yourself.
Every time or should I say most of the time when I’m in VR I’m in a game for quite a while. I mostly sit when I’m playing I usually have my gaming chair set to the highest point and I set the game to standing so I don’t get that motion sickness ( it helps for me) but I like walking around in these VR games especially Xing the land beyond and don’t knock twice and others but your right VR let’s you appreciate the scale of something larger than yourself

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Every time or should I say most of the time when I’m in VR I’m in a game for quite a while. I mostly sit when I’m playing I usually have my gaming chair set to the highest point and I set the game to standing so I don’t get that motion sickness ( it helps for me) but I like walking around in these VR games especially Xing the land beyond and don’t knock twice and others but your right VR let’s you appreciate the scale of something larger than yourself
I may have to try that chair trick. It's gotten easier though and I'm getting used to the games that use smooth movement. I used to be against VR but trying it out flipped my thoughts on it completely. There's just nothing like it, and I hope more developers make full on game experiences for it.

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You should try Sprint Vector. If you have a wireless or cable managed setup, it really does increase immersion and helps with motion sickness a bit by playing this game by running in place. Other VR games with smooth movement can benefit from running or walking in place with the NaLo App or the Natural Locomotion App on Steam but for Sprint Vector, it doesn't need the NaLo App running.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Waiting for the day rockstars releases GTA VR. Im sure i wont be leaving my home for weeks.
thats going to make for a very intresting outside view of the player.. transitioning from shooting guns to stealing a car... gurantee you many tailbones will be broken as people will miss their chair when they get into the cars.... and when u gotta bail out of a car on fire lol
Facebook just announced GTA SA VR. this comes alot earlier than i expected.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Phasmophobia is one of my favorite VR games, but I may be biased because I love horror. Even without VR phasmophobia is very fun

GregoryStellar

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Country flag
I play VR games very often! It relaxes and helps to take a break from work! But I am often busy in plastic surgery here cosmetic practice!

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man… I took my VR headset underway over the summer and entertained folks by standing over in the corner in one of the few spots on the boat where I could flail without hitting anyone/thing and managed to practice up to where I could pass a bunch of songs on expert on Beat Saber.

My young kids were in shock and awe when I showed off after I got home and saw that their old man could move so spastically… er… gracefully.

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
VR is also a powerful way to build relationships with people far away from you. I play on this VR Social Platform called VRChat. Met this wonderful person and we had a lot in common including both of us having highly customized modded civic FK7 hatches. Sadly, the relationship didn't last and hearts were broken. We were planning to meet each other IRL at one point but that's out the window now.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
I have a 1st gen rift and just bought a Quest 2. The battery life on the Quest 2 really sucks.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Honestly, never played VR games
Totally different game play once you start playing VR going back to TV game play is boring every game I play now is VR