saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I have a PlayStation VR system eventually I’m either going to get a HTC vive or just wait for the PlayStation 5
I was the typical kid playing a Atari 2600 when it came out ( actually it was the Sears telestar game console)
and had a few as the years past saga Dreamcast genesis and so on PlayStation 1&2 and on my 49th Christmas bought myself a PlayStation 4 on my 50 th birthday bought the VR system because a coworker got me hooked on VR games and the movie Ready player One and book I’m completely hooked on these games how many of you play and hooked on VR games
Sponsored

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a Rift S for PC. I play a lot of racing sims (duh) like Project Cars and Assetto Corsa. With the wheel, shifter and pedals, it's a really cool experience where I spend the bulk of my regular VR time. I don't know if I'd say I'm hooked though. Most games are still a bit of a novelty but I will say Half Life Alyx is fucking next level. It's still not perfect but being able to teach a class on a whiteboard with dry erase markers in a game not meant for that at all is cool. Also just check out these liquid physics! I really hope this is a sign of things to come because that game truly is the total package.

That being said, there's been a couple of others. Asgard's Wrath is an amazing AAA game too and Pavlov VR and Onward are both great traditional multiplayer FPS. And even though they're not full blown AAA games, the arcadey games are still fun too like Beat Saber, Pistol Whip, Rez Infinite, Super Hot, GORN, Sword and Scorcery. Can't wait for Star Wars Squadrons later this year

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a Rift S for PC. I play a lot of racing sims (duh) like Project Cars and Assetto Corsa. With the wheel, shifter and pedals, it's a really cool experience where I spend the bulk of my regular VR time. I don't know if I'd say I'm hooked though. Most games are still a bit of a novelty but I will say Half Life Alyx is fucking next level. It's still not perfect but being able to teach a class on a whiteboard with dry erase markers in a game not meant for that at all is cool. Also just check out these liquid physics! I really hope this is a sign of things to come because that game truly is the total package.

That being said, there's been a couple of others. Asgard's Wrath is an amazing AAA game too and Pavlov VR and Onward are both great traditional multiplayer FPS. And even though they're not full blown AAA games, the arcadey games are still fun too like Beat Saber, Pistol Whip, Rez Infinite, Super Hot, GORN, Sword and Scorcery. Can't wait for Star Wars Squadrons later this year
I’m hoping they’ll make a Tron VR game and super hot and beat saber is very addictive

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Superhot and beat saber are two of my favorites. Hotdogs horseshoes and hand grenades is also amazing and constantly being updated.

Almostfast

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Sport Touring
Country flag
I have an oculus quest, bought it and played pistol whip and gun club vr frequently for about two weeks, then it sat pretty much. too much effort to clear out a space to play in my 900 square foot house full of kid toys.

Bannon

First Name
Bannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
Have PSVR. Use it only for BS but stupidly limited song list and have been collecting dust for maybe a year now. Tried it on Battlefront Xwing mission, it was super fantastic but only a short nauseating 20 min mission. Tried GT, it was awesome except after 3 minutes, I get severely sick.

Bought OQ for BS just for the downloadable extra songs, worth it. I play BS at least an hour a day and sweat like a porker. Preferred PSVR for the better design, quality, built and clarity over OQ. Except for the psvr controller dildo designs, ugh! OQ clash very often. Will look forward to OQ2 instead of PS5 VR when it comes out because Sony song copyright issues. I have not yet purchase Pistol Whip and the Darth Vader games.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ive gotten pretty deep into DCS ( digital combat simulations ) and Elite Dangerous both for the PC with it. DCS really requires a beefy top of the line computer to run VR smoothly, something im close to having but not quite - its not well optimized. But Elite dangerous is an Eye opening experience. videos don't do it justice. but both very cool flying games. for non flying games if thats not your style i cant go wrong with Beat Saber.. by far one of the best most active playing games you can play to get a workout with. its like DDR was back in the day but.. with Lightsabers in a 3D environment.

The VR hardware environment is rather non centralized right now - statistics are all over the place with almost every manufacturer not reaching a common ground on anything. some have higher resolution than others, some have different field of views, others have internal tracking while others use external tracking with internal tracking, keep in mind if your computer struggles with a single 1080P screen.. the VR headset is 2 of those screens at the minimum, that's something alot of people don't realize, your doubling the amount of rendering.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Heres just a generic video of DCS combat flight simulator for any interested ( no this isn't me ) - shows off a somewhat nice variety of action / startup / flying / carrier landing - one note here ( Avoid the Grim Reapers videos, they are like a plague of plagarism and stealing / monetizing other fans work for their own gain )

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Waiting for the day rockstars releases GTA VR. Im sure i wont be leaving my home for weeks.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thats going to make for a very intresting outside view of the player.. transitioning from shooting guns to stealing a car... gurantee you many tailbones will be broken as people will miss their chair when they get into the cars.... and when u gotta bail out of a car on fire lol

AlexCaro

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R, LancerX, Yamaha
Country flag
waiting for the new PlayStation to get VR

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
waiting for the new PlayStation to get VR
From what I’ve read the PS 5 will be better for the VR games when I switch from a PS 4 with the 500 GB to the pro I did notice a difference not large

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I have an HTC Vive, huge VR fan here. Played a ton of Elite Dangerous, as well as Skyrim VR, Fallout 4 VR, Beat Saber, etc.

Lately been diving into No Man's Sky VR and holy crap, that game is fantastic in VR. Couldn't get into it a couple years ago but the immersion in VR is awesome.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have an HTC Vive, huge VR fan here. Played a ton of Elite Dangerous, as well as Skyrim VR, Fallout 4 VR, Beat Saber, etc.

Lately been diving into No Man's Sky VR and holy crap, that game is fantastic in VR. Couldn't get into it a couple years ago but the immersion in VR is awesome.
I’ve been playing a game called xing a land beyond its on PS but I believe it’s also on PC as well it’s kind of like a myst type of game in
VR very good graphics and yes no mans sky is great

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an Oculus Quest set up to do wireless streaming w/Steam. I set up the living room and have the whole room to run around in.

Alyx was good and played it through the end in a week or two... Superhot... I really like Thrill of the Fight as a boxing game. Creed has good atmosphere but the mechanics were wonky. I dabbled in Skyrim VR when I caught it on sale but didn't stick with it... I didn't care for the non-VR version. I have that FNaF jump scare game for my daughter that she thinks is pretty cool. Tried the Star Trek game and while it looked cool... gameplay was sort of simplistic.

I like dorking around on Google Earth and zooming around. I've lived so many different places and been all over the US over the years... it's neat to go back and look at things.

I dabbled in a Nvidia stereoscopic 3D setup when that was new so it was neat to see an evolution of extra-immersive gameplay. I found the VR didn't fatigue my... brain? Yeah... brain, like stereoscopic 3D did. The S3D used to make me feel like someone was ticking the front of my brain behind my eyes.
Sponsored