How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic?

art3mis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Looks just like a scuff mark. In my opinion, take it back to the dealer for ANY issue you may be having. They're a business, and you deserve to be 100% satisfied with your product. It's a brand new car, don't settle for anything but the way it is supposed to be. I have a couple of issues I've detailed over in the Issues forum, and I'm having to track down people to speak to and call more than once. The next step is going to them directly, which is about a 75 minute drive for me. Don't settle for what won't make you happy.
Thank you :( i'm so annoyed. I called my dealership but they said it's just a marking or some sort and even told me to have the local dealership take a look at it. (I didn't get the car to my local dealership since i got a cheaper quote an hour away from ours). I'm not sure if i still should bring to my local dealership though.
Sponsored

art3mis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Steering wheel is defective. Someone pinched a piece of it either in manufacturing or maybe a poor salesman holding something in his hand that might've took a piece of leather off wheel. I always put a hand sewn wheel cover on my new vehicles within a week or two. Take it back. Make them replace it. They won't return your car though as you stated. But they will replace the wheel if it's a reputable dealer.
You think it's okay to bring it to my local dealership and not the dealership I bought it from?

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
You think it's okay to bring it to my local dealership and not the dealership I bought it from?
A warranty is a warranty. If you move cross country it doesn't mean you have to go back to that dealer for warranty issues. Of course go to your local dealership. They get reimbursed from Honda for the work anyhow. It's not like they're paying for it-Honda is.

art3mis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
A warranty is a warranty. If you move cross country it doesn't mean you have to go back to that dealer for warranty issues. Of course go to your local dealership. They get reimbursed from Honda for the work anyhow. It's not like they're paying for it-Honda is.
I'm sorry, I didn't know that since this is my first own car. I thought the only people who help me are from the dealership i got the car from. Thank you so much!!!

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm sorry, I didn't know that since this is my first own car. I thought the only people who help me are from the dealership i got the car from. Thank you so much!!!
Well congrats on new car!! Enjoy it!! Get some seat covers and that steering wheel cover! Unless it's a lease.

lamichlein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cosmic Blue Touring
Country flag
I have a deposit for a Touring the dealer is getting soon...but I swear I keep seeing horror stories about how much stuff is going wrong with them, particularly around the head unit and it's scaring me off and really making me consider trying to get my deposit back and waiting however many months until I can find a 2017 Touring trim for more expensive and with the hopes that these issues will be somewhat fixed (which could potentially be a big maybe, no?). Flickering screen, back up camera freezing, etc. But I also realize there's a high possibility that the only people you hear from are the ones that have problems.

How many of you have positive experiences with the car after owning it for longer than a few weeks, particularly with Touring trim overall and/or the head unit (particularly with Android Auto)?
I have had only one problem. My infotainment unit needed to be replaced almost immediately and I haven't had a problem since!

StevenK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Most of the 2.0 engines sold in 2015 and early 2016 had to have the oil pan dropped and engine scoped because of a misaligned piston-ring issue. Most scopes turned up no issue; however, I was wondering if anyone is having any sort of problem or has heard of any problems with the reinstallation of the oil pan or any other part involved in the procedure. My LX seems fine, no problems that I am aware of so far.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Most of the 2.0 engines sold in 2015 and early 2016
To be precise: the recall affected 42,129 vehicles built SEP 22, 2015 - FEB 03, 2016 with Alliston 2.0L engines. The recall work on many of them was completed prior to sale. As of January 24, 2017, Honda reported that 39,508 had the recall inspection and/or remedy completed, 138 owners were unreachable, and 1 car from the original population was scrapped, stolen, or exported.

skullan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda LX (6MT), formerly a 2006 Hyundai Accent.
Country flag
My '16 has over 45600km / 28300 miles on it as of the 1 year mark. The air conditioner had a wire problem but since them, no probs.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
You'd be hard pressed to find a car with no issues these days. Even my 2003 Accord had 3 recalls. I say just go for it. Life is short.

M1joachim

New Honda owner!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
2 weeks into ownership and no issues.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
1.5 years 2016 Touring and no issues. I do have the subwoofer rattles but I am living with it. Had a couple recalls that's it.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Had an issue with the rain sensing wipers. They were intermittent, but not rain sensing. Got dealer to 'fix' them. They worked as rain sensing for a while, then started to act crazy. I decided to wait until they stopped working and became simple intermittent wipers again. Mission accomplished. Not planning on getting them 'fixed' again.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Had an issue with the rain sensing wipers. They were intermittent, but not rain sensing. Got dealer to 'fix' them. They worked as rain sensing for a while, then started to act crazy. I decided to wait until they stopped working and became simple intermittent wipers again. Mission accomplished. Not planning on getting them 'fixed' again.
I would try another dealer. Do you know if they actually replaced the film? That usually is the fix for that problem. Or was the dealer 'fix' throw water on it and see if they work? If you don't know than yes I would go to another dealer. I would wait until you have to bring it there again for service or possibly another recall.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I would try another dealer. Do you know if they actually replaced the film? That usually is the fix for that problem. Or was the dealer 'fix' throw water on it and see if they work? If you don't know than yes I would go to another dealer. I would wait until you have to bring it there again for service or possibly another recall.
They replaced the sensor assembly and the fuse. The film has its own part number, although I suppose the assembly could be made up of a number of parts, including the film. It took two visits to the dealer: the first to diagnose the problem and order the parts, and the second to perform the repair. I got a courtesy car on both visits, so no complaints there.

I was reading that some conditions can cause it to go into 'failsafe mode', where the system defaults to regular intermittent operation. Maybe that's what has happened on mine.

I'll ask about it on my next service visit. I won't be making any separate trips though. I'm really enjoying the long service intervals (approx 10 months for me). And I am ok with regular intermittent wipers for now.
Sponsored