How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic?

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
I have one more minor annoyance. Now that it's cooler outside I've been using my heater. My go to setting is floor. Well, if I have the fan speed -
Sponsored

Last edited:

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Curious what the hood alignment issue is. Haven't even had mine open since I got the car 2 months ago. The grinding noise is interesting since, though often mentioned, there seems to be no consensus as to what it actually is. I think it only happens with the 1.5 turbos, not the 2L NA, so maybe turbo related ?
The hood issue was nothing major. The driver's side seam (5-6" straight edge) between the front quarterpanel and the hood were not properly lining up. The hood appeared lower than the quarterpanel. It almost looked like it was dented.

Dealer adjusted the hood in 5 minutes.

Honda Civic 10th gen How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic? frBxhgf

Honda Civic 10th gen How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic? xih37VB

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
@SteveGG I agree with steve, it's definitely the turbo grinding. Forget the fact that there are many, many differences between the 2.0 and the 1.5, it must be the turbo.

Ffs.

busyizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Love my car! Bought in June 2016, and it has about 3500 miles on it now. No real issues to report!!

eduranjr

First Name
rtet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tgt
Bought my LX MT Coupe June 18 2016, 3600 miles, no issues!

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
the one thing that I would complain about is the 6 speed shifter linkage could be smoother. I find it to be "notchy" and when trying to shift fast from 1st to 2nd it sometimes won't go into second which really pisses you off.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Curious what the hood alignment issue is. Haven't even had mine open since I got the car 2 months ago. The grinding noise is interesting since, though often mentioned, there seems to be no consensus as to what it actually is. I think it only happens with the 1.5 turbos, not the 2L NA, so maybe turbo related ?
I've opened my hood at least once or twice a week since I bought my car six months ago. Just to look at everything under there.

Eric29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
I have to reboot the audio system on my EX about once a week. It has to be rebooted because it won't turn off. The workaround if I'm driving and I want the sound down, is to just turn the volume way down. A reboot fixes it. As I said, it happens about once a week.

Other than that, no problems at all.

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
I've opened my hood at least once or twice a week since I bought my car six months ago. Just to look at everything under there.
Finally opened mine and took a peek. All nice & clean & fresh. Nothing I didn't expect or want. What did you expect ?

Pilotman11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic EX
Only problem I have is the software for the infotainment screen sometimes freezes completely and Apple car play won't recognize my phone sometimes. Little things; nothing major.

Rockaday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my 2016 Civic EX-L in early/mid September, about 1,200 miles on it, and I'm extremely happy with my purchase so far. Only thing that has annoyed me has been the tablet device they call the audio/infotainment system and Apple CarPlay and Apple Maps, especially with Spotify. Being familiar with technology (I'm a software engineer by trade), I expected that to be obsolete in 3 years anyway (as I would expect to happen with a tablet device in pretty much every other car too) so I never put much stock in it, and I should probably give MP3s or Pandora or Google Play music a try as a replacement for Spotify. I've been trying Waze audio with Apple Maps visuals and pretty happy with that combination, just more setup to start each trip. Everything else has been awesome. I love the sensing doorhandles and auto lock/unlock system so I never have to take my keys out of my pocket. I love it when I turn off Econ mode and step on the gas and the engine roars to life and the acceleration presses my back into my seat (the EX-L has the turbo engine, fun for me to feel the burst after the turbo lag). I love the styling. I handwash it and it looks gorgeous. Everyone who gets in my car thinks it's great. Much of my experience probably comes from upgrading from the old used junkers I've always driven before, but to me it's amazing.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
forget MP3 and Pandora and Google play. Get an IPOD and convert your CD's to ALAC or FLAC files on Itunes. Then download them into the pod,take it out to the car and plug it into the USB port under the infotainment system. You'll be amazed at the sound quality, much better than the crappy aforementioned sources.

Rockaday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Initial problem I had was Sirius XM would say it couldn't connect or something. I did a reboot and ever since then I haven't had an issue.

Another was the apparent "thinness" of the paint and getting small chips on the hood, bumper and strangely on the top of the roof near the moonroof. I bought a touchup kit from Dr. Colorchip and took care of them.

Lastly was the VSA/brake recall. Dealer took care of that.

No other issues to date with about 7,000 miles since May.
Sponsored