How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic?

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
None , only 1300 miles

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But if you repeat the original button procedure it is supposed to add another 10 minutes.
Is that not working for you? Worked for me when I did it last year to thaw out during a big snow.

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
W
Bought a 2017 sedan touring Nov 22, 2016. We both love the car. The only problem so far is that remote start will only run for ten minutes no matter what we do. The dealer will have to check it out.About the head unit. We traded a 2014 Mustang. The civic head unit is more user friendly and I was able to do an update without a problem.
Why would you ever use the remote start if you don't plan on driving within 10 minutes?

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
I have a few issues, but not really big enough for me to get mad at.

when I'm accelerating at low levels under 2k rpm and I let go of the gas, I feel like a rookie with a manual transmission shifting gears and the car kind of jerks to compensate for the lower rpm.
Driver door almost needs to be slammed shut to close.
Drivers window is bipolar. some days it works at normal speeds, other slower than a snail. when it rains it tends to work best, but not always.
sometimes the screen freezes to the Hondalink. cant listen to music or access the backup camera. only happened once but that got me worried
sometimes the screen is slow to change channels and freezes.
when in satellite, ill sometims get unauthorized and says chanel 000 when I'm on the 90 days trial.

I own a hatchback EX-L Navi BTW.

b0j4ngl35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
I think it's set to only run for 10 minutes
This is what I was told at the dealership when I purchased mine; if you want it to run longer, I believe they said you can start the 10 minute run time over by hitting the autostart sequence again while the car is running. Can't confirm that one though.

dougb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic touring
Country flag
This is what I was told at the dealership when I purchased mine; if you want it to run longer, I believe they said you can start the 10 minute run time over by hitting the autostart sequence again while the car is running. Can't confirm that one though.
Thanks but we have tried that. So far no luck.

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EX sedan here. Just hit 20k miles today. The ONLY thing I could think of happened just last month. It was only a minor inconvenience for me - one of bolts that held the underbody panels was missing, and part of a panel was flapping in the wind at highway speeds. I had recently gotten an oil change, so I suspected that the dealer forgot to put the bolt back on. I took it back to the dealer, they put a bolt back on for free, and no more more flippy flappy.

One more weird issue that I almost forgot about - this was several months ago. My door locks suddenly stopped responding to my touch and my key fob. I had to use the physical key to unlock the car, which caused the car to panic. But I was able to start the car immediately, and the issue never came back.

Otherwise, I have absolutely ZERO issues with my car. I love this car, and everyone who has been lucky enough to get a ride in it has nothing to say but compliments.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Have had my '17 EX hatch just over a month now and no issues to report. My Samsung Galaxy S6 won't connect to Android Auto in the car, but I'm willing to chalk that up to the phone and not the head unit considering my buddy's Nexus connected just fine on the first attempt. Running Android 6 on my Galaxy while his phone was on version 7, so I'm assuming that's probably part of it. Or my Samsung just sucks.
for music get an IPOD nano. they're pretty cheap and they work perfectly with the new civic infotainment system. they display all the info on the screen, artist,album,track no., and you want to connect with a USB cord. Not bluetooth,which has shitty sound quality. USB is CD quality.

Kev.Oli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I'm not sure if this is an actual issue or I'm just picky. But does anyone else have non-uniform windshield sprayers? Seems like my driver side is barely spraying the bottom third of the windshield, whereas the passenger side sprays fully up the glass. Just seems odd to me that the driver's side sprayer would be directed so poorly.

If that doesn't make sense (I often don't) I can take a picture when the sun's out to clarify.

Edit/Sidenote: When I took delivery, both sprayers had come loose to the point where I had to take it back in for service the next day to get reclipped/secured (they are sturdy and seemingly in place now). Honda techs didn't mention anything at the time, and I stupidly didn't think to test the sprayers while I was there.

b0j4ngl35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
So, I'm not sure if this is an actual issue or I'm just picky. But does anyone else have non-uniform windshield sprayers? Seems like my driver side is barely spraying the bottom third of the windshield, whereas the passenger side sprays fully up the glass. Just seems odd to me that the driver's side sprayer would be directed so poorly.

If that doesn't make sense (I often don't) I can take a picture when the sun's out to clarify.

Edit/Sidenote: When I took delivery, both sprayers had come loose to the point where I had to take it back in for service the next day to get reclipped/secured (they are sturdy and seemingly in place now). Honda techs didn't mention anything at the time, and I stupidly didn't think to test the sprayers while I was there.
Interesting, I just noticed this on mine yesterday and didn't have time to really look into it. Used the sprayers to help de-ice a bit of frost on my windshield and noticed one side was hardly getting touched. Might have to check this out.

u-238

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Civic CX, 2016 Honda HR-V, 2016 Honda Accord EX-L 2.4
I am curious if someone still experience the start-up grinding issue?
Sponsored