How many more 2021s be made? When will the next gen body start shipping?

OP
OP
mim

mim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 2011 Nissan 370z
Country flag
Spoken like a 22 year old...
LOL, I'm older than you. Something you need to understand is that all this is SUBJECTIVE. Personal taste. I like to drive every time I get behind the wheel. I don't need any bells or whistles. You can argue all day long about what you *think* others want in a dd, but their opinions won't match yours. Their experience won't match yours. Sorry to upset you, but that's reality.
Sponsored

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
LOL, I'm older than you. Something you need to understand is that all this is SUBJECTIVE. Personal taste. I like to drive every time I get behind the wheel. I don't need any bells or whistles. You can argue all day long about what you *think* others want in a dd, but their opinions won't match yours. Their experience won't match yours. Sorry to upset you, but that's reality.
You're trying to speak as a majority, but I think you'll find yourself in the minority. Good luck with whatever it is you're trying to accomplish here, which truly has me stumped.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Jesus... You people think the CTR doesn't have comforts as a daily? Bunch of fancy asses in here :D

I'm just glad it has AC and a radio...
maybe compared to your exige it has comforts haha.
but in my hour+ long commute in Los angeles traffic, i like to have a more comfortable car and having driving aids really does reduce the fatigue.
Even i can admit the CTR has trash build quality as far as creature comforts go for daily driving...
I like this car but ..... this car has a build quality of a 20k car since it is a civic after all.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
i actually drove a golf r before buying the ctr. in all fairness the golf r was a used 2019 with low mileage. leather seats in texas is a hard no go and i probably should have never drove the ctr. because as much as it pains me to say, i dont even remember driving the golf r after driving the ctr. its just that good to me, my own subjective opinion. i had the front fully wrapped with suntek shortly after buying due tk]o all i read in here.

keep in mind i wanted to like the golf r (turning 40 this month) because of its mature apperance and first impression on build quality. but the ctr spoke to my inner child in a way the golf r didint.

once again my opinion.
I get your perspective. It is quite undewhelming in stock form. I bought my CTR with my heart and not my head. I've wanted a CW Type R since 1998.

IMO the Golf is the better car. Its a stronger car. Its a cheaper car to modify.

Once the MK8 becomes available its going to be pretty much impossible for me to not trade my CTR in at that point.

OP
OP
mim

mim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 2011 Nissan 370z
Country flag
You're trying to speak as a majority,
No, that's you. Several people, not just me, have pointed out all your claims are subjective and you're not listening. I never spoke as a majority. This thread is about *my* purchase of a CTR for *my* personal wants/needs.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
maybe compared to your exige it has comforts haha.
but in my hour+ long commute in Los angeles traffic, i like to have a more comfortable car and having driving aids really does reduce the fatigue.

I like this car but ..... this car has a build quality of a 20k car since it is a civic after all.
Ha! I'm not even comparing the Exige to it! I'm just saying in general... My previous cars were lackluster as it comes to being comfy... The 2018 Type R felt great and does everything we ever ask of it. Great MPG (Fuelly 32+ every trip), amazing storage capacity, beyond comfy seats, great AC and heating, plus you can see out of everything. The 2021 Type R is a frigin Maybach to me! The Honda sensing feels like I'm in a spaceship and the comfort mode got even comfier!

Everything about these cars are practical as heck to me... We use these things to camp up north and are always shocked at how spacious they are compared to even my old Durango and Murano.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Once the MK8 becomes available its going to be pretty much impossible for me to not trade my CTR in at that point.
I want the MK8 lmao, gonna convince my brother to trade in his MK7 so I can just build it
Can't tell if that's sarcasm, but judging by your signature it probably is ?
Only my dc 5 is staying stock because the winters in Canada is no joke.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I want the MK8 lmao, gonna convince my brother to trade in his MK7 so I can just build it

Only my dc 5 is staying stock because the winters in Canada is no joke.
LMFAO I've thought about trying to convince my fiance to trade in her MK7, but we're so heavily invested in it, and she'll kill me before she drives a DSG, which would be my preference. So I'll probably sacrifice the CTR in all honesty.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
My guy, I'm 38 years old and drove half a dozen shit box EG's and EK's and DC's back in the day. I know what its like to have manual windows and no power steering.

I'm speaking to things that are standard on most KIA's nowadays.

Like I said, its a toy. As you mention things like your X5 it seriously makes me question if you even daily the R. My guess would be no.
You'd be wrong, I have the M2 and the Type R which I alternate between but prefer the Type R over 99% of the time. The X5 is my wife's car so I just put gas in it and drive it occasionally at best.

Not sure why the hostility in any stripe - I don't like VW's really set things off - all good I had two VW's a Tiguan and a GTi - just wasn't for me.

Happy trails man I'm not your enemy.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Daily drove mine for 4 months until I could secure a beater, 140 miles round trip to work. Hour 15 each way. Put 9k on it in those 3 months... And loved every mile of it. Now I haven't owned luxury cars, so my standards aren't very high. But if you ask me what you get for the price is simply insane. Sure, build quality on the interior plastics isn't great, infotainment can have some hiccups, paint chips easy etc but the thing for me is they put the money where it mattered and cheaped out where they could.

If I didn't work so damn far away I'd just daily mine when it's nice out. It's a fantastic car and if you drive in comfort its no different than a normal commuter car. I did swap to beefy tires though so I have very nice ride quality there. If anything, the seats are amazing and I have a crappy back for a young guy. Even with a few nice pulls, I can still get 28-29mpg too. Oh and cargo space, WOW. I fit a 65" TV inside the box in the car with the hatch closed. Still don't believe that happened.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
I hate the M2 basically the 2 series all together. It's the new M3 for these kids, everyone can afford one and they abused it to the max. I've seen a kid dumped ATF on the wheels just to do burn outs ....like ??????

LMFAO I've thought about trying to convince my fiance to trade in her MK7, but we're so heavily invested in it, and she'll kill me before she drives a DSG, which would be my preference. So I'll probably sacrifice the CTR in all honesty.
Wait the MK8 isn't 6MT? Damn that's going to be a pass LOL. My brother never drove auto and he's not going to (unless it's not his own car)

AlpineBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '23 Kona N, '09 335i
Country flag
I hate the M2 basically the 2 series all together. It's the new M3 for these kids, everyone can afford one and they abused it to the max. I've seen a kid dumped ATF on the wheels just to do burn outs ....like ??????

Wait the MK8 isn't 6MT? Damn that's going to be a pass LOL. My brother never drove auto and he's not going to (unless it's not his own car)
It is 6MT as well, he's just saying his preference this time around will be the DSG.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
If I didn't work so damn far away I'd just daily mine when it's nice out. It's a fantastic car and if you drive in comfort its no different than a normal commuter car. I did swap to beefy tires though so I have very nice ride quality there. If anything, the seats are amazing and I have a crappy back for a young guy. Even with a few nice pulls, I can still get 28-29mpg too.
I hauled mine 500+ miles back home in Comfort mode and I gotta say, it really was fantastic. I could have kept going had I not been awake for nearly 24 hours. The seats look deceiving but are extremely comfortable, probably some of the best I've ever had in a car. I've been using Sport mode more recently as the car is now broken in but yep, feels a lot different between the different modes. Comfort is like smoking a big fat joint and makes the car feel kind of lazy and relaxed whereas Sport/R is like snorting some cocaine and makes it more edgy. It's just a great car that makes you feel good no matter how you drive it :drive:

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
I get your perspective. It is quite undewhelming in stock form. I bought my CTR with my heart and not my head. I've wanted a CW Type R since 1998.

IMO the Golf is the better car. Its a stronger car. Its a cheaper car to modify.

Totally get ya. depending on the next type r and golf r ill probably get one near the end of its life cycle like i did with the current type r. i like to wait for all the bugs to get worked out.
from what i have seen of the new golf r it looks to be something special.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Ha! I'm not even comparing the Exige to it! I'm just saying in general... My previous cars were lackluster as it comes to being comfy... The 2018 Type R felt great and does everything we ever ask of it. Great MPG (Fuelly 32+ every trip), amazing storage capacity, beyond comfy seats, great AC and heating, plus you can see out of everything. The 2021 Type R is a frigin Maybach to me! The Honda sensing feels like I'm in a spaceship and the comfort mode got even comfier!

Everything about these cars are practical as heck to me... We use these things to camp up north and are always shocked at how spacious they are compared to even my old Durango and Murano.
i wish i had a exige. i just dont know if i can fathom stepping over those god dam rockers every time i get in and out haha.

I'm amazed you can get such high mpg. My fuelly tells me i average 21.8 LOL.
I think the car is practical too but i think it lacks a little bit in the comfort and build quality department (which is to be expected imo). but i do come from acuras and lexus and a commute that takes like 1hr30mins to drive 27 miles lol.
Sponsored