frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
great choice in exhaust, i just hit 26k myself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Boostez

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
I just hit 1453 miles today. Brought it in for the first oil change and I couldn't believe that the oil life was at 30%. That makes no sense. Usually it would take 3k+ miles or more before needing an oil change. The only thing I can think of is that it uses 0W-20 oil.. which is the lightest oil I have ever seen.

roflitzjinno

First Name
Jinno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Country flag
I just hit 1453 miles today. Brought it in for the first oil change and I couldn't believe that the oil life was at 30%. That makes no sense. Usually it would take 3k+ miles or more before needing an oil change. The only thing I can think of is that it uses 0W-20 oil.. which is the lightest oil I have ever seen.
I wanna say it's also based on driving style. My S2000 maintenance minder goes off quicker when I was tracking versus when I was daily driving the car.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
It depends entirely on driving style. The first one does seem to be the shortest, but it wasn’t that short for me. First change for me was around 7k miles. Then 8-9k for the next four.

The Minder takes into consideration outside temp, coolant temps, throttle input, etc. To be honest it might even estimate the oil temp based on other readings as well and use that.

incinerator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 1997 Del Sol Si
Country flag
My maintenance minder didn't come on until ~9300 miles. The engineer I spoke with assured me to follow it on my first oil change, so I committed to it early, but the wait was excruciating. I'm at 9600 now and it's definitely happier with fresh fluid.

DarkRs

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Miles: 4000
Purchase Date: 8/9/2019

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
How old was the oil? It's definitely not due to the 0w20 oil. Its mostly driving style and since you had extremely low mileage, I'm assuming oil age had something to do with it unless your driving style was extremely aggressive.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Damn! Either Joey got some money or you've been collecting parts before. 2 weeks old and all those aftermarket goodies.

I got a whopping 273 miles on the OD. Going to do my initial oil change @ 1k. I'm old school like that. Going to use Amsoil or Eneos for the next 5k.
Sponsored