How many Miles on your CVT?

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag
22,700 something and it just hit the two year mark to the date when my wife and I purchased the Civic. :) Only problems we had was Third brake light cover and replacing our AC system both taken care of at the dealer. Power train has been amazing no complaints.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017 sport hatch, running 17,500 miles with no problems!

SteakNCheese

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX
Country flag
CVT replaced at 17,000 miles because of a howling noise on light throttle near 25 mph. I waited 3 months before I brought it in - time for it to become loud enough to be really noticable. They called it a good will replacement, I called it a bad trans. If I remember correctly the paperwork said $3,300, I didn't pay a dime. I changed fluid on the new trans at 30,000 miles, fluid looked good, magnet had very little stuck to it.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
CVT replaced at 17,000 miles because of a howling noise on light throttle near 25 mph. I waited 3 months before I brought it in - time for it to become loud enough to be really noticable. They called it a good will replacement, I called it a bad trans. If I remember correctly the paperwork said $3,300, I didn't pay a dime. I changed fluid on the new trans at 30,000 miles, fluid looked good, magnet had very little stuck to it.
Did they tell you what was wrong with the original CVT? Or are they just sending it back to Honda for they can examine it?

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
Wow, that’s quite the commute :eek: . Glad to hear your CVT is going strong though. That’s some serious mileage.
That's normal commute in Texas.
I've got 46,000 on the motor, got a new CVT in November. I was one of the lucky ones that had the warm start grinding sound in the valve body assembly. Honda replaced the valve body after which the sound reoccurred after a month or so. It got reevaluated and they decided to replace the CVT. All this was under warranty.
Sponsored