How many Miles on your CVT?

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lx, 2020 CR-V ex-l
Country flag
2016 LX sedan, 165,000 miles. I bought it new and change cvt fluid yearly. Still on the original front brakes, pads and all! Put new rear rotors and pads on at 130k miles. 1 front wheel bearing at about 150k miles. AC condenser replaced under bulletin for free at about 160k miles. Been a great car.

Little update, 172,000 miles now, changed engine oil and cvt fluid today and the fill plug for the tranny was NOT in the hole... But luckily was sitting right next to it. Did the fluid change, it looked good, didn't get any dirt or water out that I could see. Put the plug back in and it's pretty loose. Basically just sitting in the hole with no resistance holding it in. I zip tied it down so it can't bounce out (again). So I'll order a new plug, and probably always zip tie it from now on lol.

Just an heads up. Has still been a great basically trouble free car that drives and works as good as new while getting closer to 200k.

pac7yak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
Country flag
18 lx sedan ..I’m around 50100 .fluid changed at 35-36k.

wattage

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reverbnation.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Civic EX-T 6-spd, '17 Fiat 500 Sport
Country flag
102500mi on my 2017 HB Sport 1.5T

I have had zero issues with it, CVT or otherwise.

And I think I absolutely jinxed my self when a few hundred miles later I notice CVT fluid under my car..ugh

Seeping from the main seal and a small amount at the axle seals. Been such a good car it is totally worth the repair but damn what the hell.....

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
Country flag
And I think I absolutely jinxed my self when a few hundred miles later I notice CVT fluid under my car..ugh

Seeping from the main seal and a small amount at the axle seals. Been such a good car it is totally worth the repair but damn what the hell.....
Sorry to hear that.. how often to you change your CVT fluid? i do mine every 20k miles

Currently at at 72k miles o_O

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
2017(brand new) civic 2.0L 47k miles i had zero issues. This coming july my last payment i have no plan to trade in because ill save some money. Maybe after 5 years ill buy a brand new car again.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I have 110k and it is a 17. Not as much as the person with 172k. I change my cvt fluid over 35k although probably 30k may be the next one.

2.0L NA

90% freeway, eco, only D, no S

Had this since it was 5 miles off the dealer lot.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
2017(brand new) civic 2.0L 47k miles i had zero issues. This coming july my last payment i have no plan to trade in because ill save some money. Maybe after 5 years ill buy a brand new car again.
I paid cash for mine. The new civics now cost over 25k, these previous generations you could get one for 19k if you haggled right.

I got some grief over paying for a new car from my coworkers bc of depreciation etc but I always keep my cars until they fall apart so buying brand new and knowing what condition it is in and maintaining it the entire time is worth it to me.

Plus now all new civics are more expensive along with everything else. A full paid Gen X is worth it to me. Other than a few minor issues it has been fine so far. I did get the ac leak but it was replaced at no charge

Edaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Coupe (1.5T)
Country flag
9013CE1D-D5BB-4A0C-A3E3-3547F46061EC.jpeg
94,272 miles so far on my ex-t, my commute is 330miles round trip, all hwy miles and CVT fluid has been changed 2 times. No problems with my civics drivetrain but I do have an electrical issue with my horn, it will drain my battery and work intermittently, so right now I have the fuse pulled.
Weird, I have a similar issue with my horn, it sounds like it's dying when I honk it while driving. Alternator is fine and my battery is quite new. I don't think it's draining my battery however.

chris7521

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if yo
Weird, I have a similar issue with my horn, it sounds like it's dying when I honk it while driving. Alternator is fine and my battery is quite new. I don't think it's draining my battery however.
if you have an aftermarket spiral type horn then I would say there is water in it. My aftermarket horn sounded ill from water getting in eithier from washing or driving in heavy rain. I was able to get the water out and after repositioning it hasn't got anymore water in it.
if you have the stock horn then I don't know

Edaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Coupe (1.5T)
Country flag
if yo

if you have an aftermarket spiral type horn then I would say there is water in it. My aftermarket horn sounded ill from water getting in eithier from washing or driving in heavy rain. I was able to get the water out and after repositioning it hasn't got anymore water in it.
if you have the stock horn then I don't know
Yeah I've got the stock meeper. It sounds like it's an electrical thing but it hasn't bothered me enough to warrant ripping my bumper off and figuring out whats wrong.
Sponsored