Country flag
Purchased August 2019 and it now has 4,800 miles a year later

Masmackles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Got my 2020 May 1st. As of today 4 months later I have 8700kms. 4000 of which were done in the first month lol

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Damnnn didn’t think I was going to be beat ?
I had to go through every page to find out if I could be a winner for once. ? plan on switching to a different daily soon and making car into a track day/weekend play car. Have you had any major issues yet? I'm starting to feel like beating my clutch is going to show itself soon

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Purchased late December 2019 and I have 5800 miles right now.

CStew81

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I had to go through every page to find out if I could be a winner for once. ? plan on switching to a different daily soon and making car into a track day/weekend play car. Have you had any major issues yet? I'm starting to feel like beating my clutch is going to show itself soon
I’ve also been thinking about getting a cheap daily, maybe finding a used fit or something. No, no issues yet! (knock on wood)

SpicyMcFatburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1976 Datsun 280Z
Country flag
#00787 Purchased June of 2017, daily driven. Currently just shy of 77,000 miles. No issues aside from the wire recall. I have 18" Volks for the summer and use the stock wheels and snow tires for the winter. I did hit a fawn last year and the front bumper has a bit of a gap due to a broken clip, but I'll probably wait to fix it.

Noramo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR FK8, 1983 Ford Ranger Diesel (Factory Perkins) 5MT
Country flag
I think I may take the cake here for the 2nd highest mileage type R in the US currently besides the poster that said they had a whopping 77k... 52,000 miles on my 2018 type r - number 20399... It goes up by a 65 or so every day on my daily... Purchased 10/20/18. Can post a dash pic for anybody wanting a confirmation

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
I think I may take the cake here for the 2nd highest mileage type R in the US currently besides the poster that said they had a whopping 77k... 52,000 miles on my 2018 type r - number 20399... It goes up by a 65 or so every day on my daily... Purchased 10/20/18. Can post a dash pic for anybody wanting a confirmation
Problems encountered, repairs required (if any)?

Noramo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR FK8, 1983 Ford Ranger Diesel (Factory Perkins) 5MT
Country flag
Problems encountered, repairs required (if any)?
This car has been very expensive to maintain to say the least, the OEM wheels/tires have been a big problem in terms of eating nails. The Chicago roads have already ruined the Struts to the point where the suspension was cutting into the inner sidewall of my tires in the fronts somehow. Struts were replaced last week and they were leaking fluid bad. Overall I've been unimpressed with the vehicle in terms of the quality of the suspension. I've experienced gear grinding from 1st to 2nd if shifted with any sort of haste and a 5th to 4th lockout on downshifting that I can't replicate, very frustrating experience... after tabulating all the money I've spent on maintenance it totaled to just about $6,700 over two years and that's buying used struts and not allowing the dealership the labor on that as it was an exorbitant quote... they wanted 1,100 just for the labor alone...

Edit: Also another complaint about this vehicle is the paint... I've not seen a vehicle that has had such an awful paint job in terms of durability... If I could show you the amount of chips this paint has had already you'd be striken back... I've been notorious about paint care but the road has made it so that I just don't give a rats ass anymore... When a 2002 WRX with 230k miles in Midnight Black Pearl looked better with the original paint than my 2018 black Type R and had less paint chips I knew this paint job was for the birds. I've never seen thinner paint honestly.
Sponsored

Last edited: