How many miles do you have on your Civic?

Riggsy77

2020 Hatch Sport M/T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6spd
Country flag
You guys dont put miles on your cars
Bought it decembre 27 2016.
7200 miles
2017 hatchback
My parents don't use their cars it's crazy, my dad has put ~6k on his in the last year, and my moms has had 1500 miles added in the last 4 months, crazy.
Sponsored

AhmedTitef

@slow_fk8
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2017 CIVIC HB ex , 2005 BMW 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My parents don't use their cars it's crazy, my dad has put ~6k on his in the last year, and my moms has had 1500 miles added in the last 4 months, crazy.
Same here. They got a sonata and 22000 miles in 3 years xD wts

NYAHYAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Just got back from a 4 day trip she's now sitting at about 1200!

Riggsy77

2020 Hatch Sport M/T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Same here. They got a sonata and 22000 miles in 3 years xD wts
My car is a lease too, I'll have 90k by the end of the 3 years. So thank god I lease to own. My parents should lease cars but they hate payments

AhmedTitef

@slow_fk8
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2017 CIVIC HB ex , 2005 BMW 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My car is a lease too, I'll have 90k by the end of the 3 years. So thank god I lease to own. My parents should lease cars but they hate payments
My parents are financing it because they got it for Uber mainly to put alot of miles. . . But that all changed later :/ :D

Riggsy77

2020 Hatch Sport M/T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My parents are financing it because they got it for Uber mainly to put alot of miles. . . But that all changed later :/ :D
I would uber, but I don't like drunk people in my car, unless I know them then I don't care

Charlesh0514

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 1.5l Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Thankfully I work right up the road from my house and everything is within 15 minutes. I've had my EX-T almost a year and am just approaching 5k finally lol.

Charlesh0514

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 1.5l Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
I plan on putting more this year though, driving down to Miami soon and probably somewhere up North for the Solar Eclipse in August.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Dang, you don't drive much do you?
I have that person beat. I bought mine mid-Dec. and I don't even have a 1000 miles yet. :eek: The joys of owning multiple vehicles I guess...

accordingtocivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I graduate high school in June, I think I'll be at 30k by then! I average around 700-800 a week with jumps to 1000-1200 once a month or so
Enjoy your last few months - they go by quick. I'll be finishing college in May (two-year tech. school)... so ready to be done. I put around 30k on my old '98 Accord that I bought from my grandpa like a month before I graduated high school in 2014 (was at 135k, got it to a little over 166k before a deer took it from me :( ).

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
If you buy your car at the end of your lease you will ,in total, have paid far more for it than if you would have bought it in the first place. Leases are a lose-lose. That's why dealers love them so much. And you can't give the car back because you've got too many miles, and you'll write the dealer a check for thousands for excess mileage and wear and tear, and then walk home, with no car, no money, and nothing to show for three years of monthly payments.
Also, be aware that when you buy your car at the end of your lease, you're not going to pay a price that you would normally pay for your car with 90K miles, you're going to pay a price that would be typical for your car with 36K miles, because that's the number of miles that the dealer stipulated that you were allowed over the term of your lease.

Last edited:

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Leases are not always bad, just like all financial options it depends on your situation.

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Riggsy77

2020 Hatch Sport M/T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you buy your car at the end of your lease you will ,in total, have paid far more for it than if you would have bought it in the first place. Leases are a lose-lose. That's why dealers love them so much. And you can't give the car back because you've got too many miles, and you'll write the dealer a check for thousands for excess mileage and wear and tear, and then walk home, with no car, no money, and nothing to show for three years of monthly payments.
Also, be aware that when you buy your car at the end of your lease, you're not going to pay a price that you would normally pay for your car with 90K miles, you're going to pay a price that would be typical for your car with 36K miles, because that's the number of miles that the dealer stipulated that you were allowed over the term of your lease.
Thank you for the lesson, but I know. When I leased I didn't think I'd be driving 30k a year, but life happens. I'm a 17 year old.. leasing was cheaper for my monthly payments, yeah I might end up paying more but I honestly didn't care I was in the moment and focused and excited on being able to afford a brand new car so young, I don't regret it, I love my car. I'm also proud that I pay for it, not my parents. I'm not stupid, I understand the ways of leasing, the loopholes and that I really do have to buy my car now. Will I ever lease again? No. Do I regret it at all? No.
Sponsored