How many miles do you guys get on full tank? (Poor mpg)

dantwan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Have you tried resetting the trip odometer? Pretty sure that resets the range figure. Reset it and drive it like a grandma for a while and see what number it spits out. I just made a 1600 mile round trip and averaged 39.2 mpg in my Si
To add to this, reset from the button on the gauge cluster, not from the head unit.
Sponsored

sngx1275

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic LX, 2016 Civic EXT
Country flag
My 2016 1.5T ranges from 27 to low 40s depending on what I'm doing (full city tank vs full hwy). I do keep tire pressure in the upper 30s, I've done 40s (based on tire capabilities) but I don't like how much rougher the ride is.

OP
OP

MUSTslient

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you tried resetting the trip odometer? Pretty sure that resets the range figure. Reset it and drive it like a grandma for a while and see what number it spits out. I just made a 1600 mile round trip and averaged 39.2 mpg in my Si
I’m always resetting right before putting gas in the tank. I’ve done this many times, but even with the reset the and driving down slowly for a while I get 35+ mpg but range doesn’t change, and after getting stuck in the traffic mpg goes down and I couldn’t even get the range I get at the first time. Last time when I filled the tank I got 272 miles range, the other was 250, and now 225. I’m always getting from Wava, so places doesn’t change and the amount doesn’t change either I pay the same.

Oil, oil filter, transmission fluid, air filter, coolant changed. I cleaned the mass air flow sensor with cleaning spray.

I had mechanic take a look at the car before I purchased it. They plug the code reader, they test drive the car and said engine, transmission okay, and no code pop up.

I drive the car it’s totally drive fine but the range I get is not what I suppose to get on the paper. The best range I have gotten so far is 270 on the dash with full tank but after I drove it little aggressive and mpg went down to twenties I just managed to get 245 (which is less then it showed, which was 270 miles) and now it shows 225miles after filling the car.

Last edited:

dantwan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m always resetting right before putting gas in the tank. I’ve done this many times, but even with the reset the and driving down slowly for a while I get 35+ mpg but range doesn’t change, and after getting stuck in the traffic mpg goes down and I couldn’t even get the range I get at the first time. Last time when I filled the tank I got 272 miles range, the other was 250, and now 225. I’m always getting from Wava, so places doesn’t change and the amount doesn’t change either I pay the same.
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for like 10 minutes and connecting it back up to reset everything?

sngx1275

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic LX, 2016 Civic EXT
Country flag
If I drive a lot of highway on a tank the next fillup my range will be something like 440 or 450 miles. If I drive a tank of all city, next fill up range will be upper 300s.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m always resetting right before putting gas in the tank. I’ve done this many times, but even with the reset the and driving down slowly for a while I get 35+ mpg but range doesn’t change, and after getting stuck in the traffic mpg goes down and I couldn’t even get the range I get at the first time. Last time when I filled the tank I got 272 miles range, the other was 250, and now 225.
There is a setting were it automatically resets when filling up your fuel tank.

Getting stuck in traffic is the worst thing for a good gas mileage. The best way to save gas is to drive slowly and only tip the gas pedal a little bit (like 5 or 10%), try to keep the the RPMs low and avoid all avoid short trips. Since I take the bicycle for short distances, my MPG has drastically improved.

I'm sure you have checked this already, but tire pressure is very important. Owners manual say 34 psi, some hypeemilers are even driving with 40 psi and more.

Another possibility for poor gas mileage could be that the previous owner ECU tuned your car (like Hondata or Ktuner) and did not removed the tune.

OP
OP

MUSTslient

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen How many miles do you guys get on full tank? (Poor mpg) 0D1993D7-2D26-41D3-AEE9-54545A153D8E
Honda Civic 10th gen How many miles do you guys get on full tank? (Poor mpg) 3E71815A-7975-4A65-A524-14555862DD33

I reset the trips and mpgs and drove around as slow as possible didn’t pass 1.500 rpm in the city and that’s what I got for 2 miles but doesn’t matter how slow I drive the range doesn’t change. Last week when I filled the tank I was getting 272 miles range now I just got 225 miles + 1.9miles trip I made= 227 miles.

what can cause this? 50 miles drop in a week? Oil change, oil filter change, transmission fluid change, engine air filter change, mass air flow sensor cleaning has been done so far in last 2 weeks but mileage drop from 272milez to 227.