How many miles do you guys get on full tank? (Poor mpg)

TonyTheTiger57

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 T-Bird, 78 Cougar, 84 Bronco, 85 F150 17 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The tire pressure on the sidewall of the tire is the max pressure the tire can handle. 42 PSI will give you uneven tread wear, a rougher ride, less grip because less tire is making contact with the ground. This could be dangerous in heavy rain or snow. Increased mpg from higher tire pressures is a result of less friction from contact with the ground.

It is absolutely recommended that you go by the sticker in the door jamb for a stock wheel and tire setup. But if you think you know better than the manufacturer of your vehicle… more power to ya, bud.
My tires wear evenly, I have no issues there.. I get 60,000 miles out of my tires. They don’t wear uneven at 42psi. The manufacturer doesn’t know what brand or size tire I am using so how do they know what pressure to put in my aftermarket tires? I’ll go with the way I have been doing it for the past 25 years.
Sponsored

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
I get about 330-360 a tank on mine
Take a look at my Fuelly logs in my Signature. You will see many mid to high 20 mpg tanks where I get around the same mileage. I drive mostly city and unless you can time every light perfectly, it’s the constant acceleration from dead stops what kills your mileage.
how you attach that to your sig?

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
My tires wear evenly, I have no issues there.. I get 60,000 miles out of my tires. They don’t wear uneven at 42psi. The manufacturer doesn’t know what brand or size tire I am using so how do they know what pressure to put in my aftermarket tires? I’ll go with the way I have been doing it for the past 25 years.
Then keep doing it. All i’m saying is that nowhere on the sidewall does it say you should run 42 PSI. It says a max load and max pressure rating that the tire can safely handle.

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
Tire pressure is probably the most important thing in regards to mpgs. It’s also the easiest and cheapest.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Mine consistently resets to 395-400 miles range - 2020 Si.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The 2.0 NA isn't as efficient as the 1.5T, but it isn't too far off either. You should be averaging closer to 20-30mpg, even if you're only doing city driving. 18mpg is really low, unless you're just gunning it all the time?

Since you have an older used car, you might benefit from some maintenance. Air filter, spark plugs, oil change, trans oil change, etc.

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
I drive a 2017 Civic Sedan EXT. Normally I’m around 37 mpg with about a ~350 range in total. I’ll fill up when the trip edges near 300 miles. My car has 90,000 miles, new transmission fluid, new oil, and a new engine air filter.

Oh, and it’s tuned.

Just drove cross country and averaged 42mpg with about ~480 as a range. I didn’t use the ECON button once.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
@04sthemi Sign into your account on the Fuelly site. Click on your vehicle you are trying to share. Underneath the log book is a link called "badges". Click here and you will be given the code to paste in your signature.

It's an interesting app to track fill up costs and see what kind of MPG other users are getting. Here is the results for my year Civic.

Honda Civic 10th gen How many miles do you guys get on full tank? (Poor mpg) 1656430495222

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I have both cars. 2.0na and 1.5t. The 2.0na has always gotten better mileage. And after tuning both cars, that continues to be true.

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
@04sthemi Sign into your account on the Fuelly site. Click on your vehicle you are trying to share. Underneath the log book is a link called "badges". Click here and you will be given the code to paste in your signature.

It's an interesting app to track fill up costs and see what kind of MPG other users are getting. Here is the results for my year Civic.

1656430495222.png
I been tracking mine on the app since I bought my si almost 2 yrs ago but never used or looked at the app.

OP
OP

MUSTslient

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The 2.0 NA isn't as efficient as the 1.5T, but it isn't too far off either. You should be averaging closer to 20-30mpg, even if you're only doing city driving. 18mpg is really low, unless you're just gunning it all the time?

Since you have an older used car, you might benefit from some maintenance. Air filter, spark plugs, oil change, trans oil change, etc.
I am not going hard at all. I had oil, oil filter, transmission fluid, air filter, coolant change so far in last 6 days, and yesterday filled up my gas after resetting my MPGs, trips, and got 225miles range.

I don’t really know why it does gives me around 200+ but not 300+ Miles range. Also I cleaned the mass air flow sensor with cleaner but it was looked clean when I take it off but sprayed it anyways. Nothing has changed idk help?

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
If you are getting barely over 200. Low 200s, then something is wrong. Even with full blown 3+hr traffic jams. I can make it to 300 miles usually.

dantwan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I am not going hard at all. I had oil, oil filter, transmission fluid, air filter, coolant change so far in last 6 days, and yesterday filled up my gas after resetting my MPGs, trips, and got 225miles range.

I don’t really know why it does gives me around 200+ but not 300+ Miles range. Also I cleaned the mass air flow sensor with cleaner but it was looked clean when I take it off but sprayed it anyways. Nothing has changed idk help?
Have you tried resetting the trip odometer? Pretty sure that resets the range figure. Reset it and drive it like a grandma for a while and see what number it spits out. I just made a 1600 mile round trip and averaged 39.2 mpg in my Si

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I pick up about 350-360 miles per tank on my '18 sport hatch, this is with a Phearable 1.5R tune as well. I don't drive like a grandma but I'm not constantly on the throttle either. My driving is 80% city 20% highway I'd say, my job is 3 minutes from where I live so there's not much commuting to be done. My advice to you would be to get up to the speed of the traffic around you and be easy on the throttle from then on, I like to try and keep the little MPG bar underneath the speedometer over the halfway mark whenever I'm moving like it's a game lmao
Sponsored