How many miles did you get out of your OEM Contis?

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
People who went from the OEM conti to Michelin Ps4s - how would you compare them? Durability I know michelin will outlast, but for just grip and road feel?
Sponsored

polishedmetalctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
People who went from the OEM conti to Michelin Ps4s - how would you compare them? Durability I know michelin will outlast, but for just grip and road feel?
I got them in stock size, they ride better/less harsh but have slightly less steering feel/turn in. Straight line grip is better, cornering grip similar

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
First impressions?
PS4Ss with about 10 miles or less, very similar. Going for a twisty road run tomorrow so will have a better idea then. Even then though not sure I have a good enough memory to compare unless I were to really try them back to back.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
PS4Ss with about 10 miles or less, very similar. Going for a twisty road run tomorrow so will have a better idea then. Even then though not sure I have a good enough memory to compare unless I were to really try them back to back.
More curious to see how they PS4s hold up with a track day + normal driving.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So far 13.5K, going to try and get 20. Bought a used set with 3K on them im going to try and get 10 out of them as well.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
More curious to see how they PS4s hold up with a track day + normal driving.
I won't be tracking them. Going to get some 18" with something track focused. I suspect they would do well, but need to track something more affordable :)

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
so far hanging in there at 14K - no track just normal commute-but with the punctures i'm getting regularly! I "guess" these tires are soft. I know the compound is soft for summer grip.

OP
OP
barbapapa

barbapapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R Championship White
Country flag
This may be controversial but I like the stock tire. Will be switching to michelins eventually but I've certainly had worse tires

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
the only issue I have with stock is they seem to puncture quite easily. I drove the same route in my 370Z with continental summer tires and no punctures.
Otherwise fine.
Well there was that one time when I got contractor screws in 3 out of the 4 tires but that doesn't count. There was a boxful on the road and I couldn't swerve.
I then went to Hankooks just based on price.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I normally get about 500-1000 miles out of them before my new wheels/ tires show up and I sell them.

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
This may be controversial but I like the stock tire. Will be switching to michelins eventually but I've certainly had worse tires
I just put the ps4s on couple days ago. Definately some turn in loss. Car feels a tad less planted on turn ins compared to the conti's. I too liked the contis
Sponsored