How many kms/miles do you get on a full tank?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Set your "info display" to the Fuel pump icon.
It will show you a bar graph on your dash display in front of your steering wheel that shows you at any instance how much fuel that you are using. Watch what happens when you accelerate. The fuel consumption goes WAY up. EVEN IF YOU HIT THE GAS PEDAL GENTLY !

The only time that you get anywhere near 40 mpg is when you hold the gas pedal steady at highway speeds. It is not possible to get anywhere near 40 mpg when you are in stop and go traffic and are forced to brake then accelerate over and over. Regardless of "multiple factors".
Disagree. I have done it on a stop and go commute from Toms River to Princeton in NJ. Go ahead and use google maps to check the route. 35-50mph and plenty of traffic lights and lots of other people comuting. I can average 42 mpg on a tank of over 450 miles with a fill up of 10.6 gallons(have the pics to prove it).
Sponsored

FK1KRIS

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si Sedan
Country flag
Hi guys, just curious how many kms do you get when you have a full tank? My trip computer says I can go 650 km
The computer says 22mpg. I get maybe 235 miles per tank of city driving. Much lower than when I first got the car, computer used to say 385 miles of range....

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
The computer says 22mpg. I get maybe 235 miles per tank of city driving. Much lower than when I first got the car, computer used to say 385 miles of range....
I have read numerous professional reviews of the new Civic where they stated that the car doesn't get nearly as good mileage as the manufacturer claims. There are more than a few of us that are experiencing the same lower mileage numbers. This has been a common problem (exaggerated mileage claims) for all manufacturers for decades.

"Woman wins big after suing Honda over Civic's poor fuel economy"
http://www.wheels.ca/news/woman-wins-big-after-suing-honda-over-civics-poor-fuel-economy/

As I stated before, I expect that the REAL numbers are (20-27 mpg urban, 30-40 mpg highway and 27 to 32 mpg combined). If your driving is predominantly on congested city streets, 22 mpg is not out of the ballpark. Especially since you don't have a CVT.
Don't be put off by the internet claims of people getting the manufacturer's mileage or better.

That said, make sure that your tire pressure is properly set, your alignment is straight and your air filter is clean. It could also be something in the brakes or transmission that are dragging. If your mileage has gone down significantly over time with similar driving conditions, something has changed in the car.

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Don't be put off by the internet claims of people getting the manufacturer's mileage or better.
Honda Civic 10th gen How many kms/miles do you get on a full tank? YUFnUHU
:thumbsup:

Either something is wrong with your car or your driving habits unless you are fighting traffic jams in NYC constantly.

I am regularly getting over 350 miles on a fill up and often hitting 400 and above. I rarely am on the highway. Typically between 25-55mph in light traffic with plenty of red lights.

Honda Civic 10th gen How many kms/miles do you get on a full tank? 9BXucpQ

Honda Civic 10th gen How many kms/miles do you get on a full tank? uFsFFzt

Honda Civic 10th gen How many kms/miles do you get on a full tank? u7ENhKL

PMMonly4HATCH

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald Frump
Threads
Reaction score
Only bad people (Not Cars) come to America
Vehicle(s)
'17 HATCH ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I used to get 300 miles out of a 19 gallon tank in my old Sc300.

Now I get 250+ in about 11 gallons.

One thing is for sure, the CVT is a beast on the freeway and up to 42 mpg but you can't ride the feeder and expect that. No McD runs, it's all highway flying.

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
One thing is for sure, the CVT is a beast on the freeway and up to 42 mpg but you can't ride the feeder and expect that. No McD runs, it's all highway flying.
Yep. Honda does not have any magic that can make the Civic get 40 mpg under acceleration.

Any improvements to the Civic's mileage have been incremental over time. The 10th generation's improvement have largely been due to the CVT being programmed for mileage at the expense of responsiveness.

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep. Honda does not have any magic that can make the Civic get 40 mpg under acceleration.

Any improvements to the Civic's mileage have been incremental over time. The 10th generation's improvement have largely been due to the CVT being programmed for mileage at the expense of responsiveness.
I have a manual Si. Plenty responsive when desired, or it gets 38-42 mpg under my normal commuting conditions described above. Best of both worlds!

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One of the reasons I average around 40 mpg on the evening commute is that, after some initial stop-and-go, traffic moves fairly steadily at or below the 65 mph speed limit. With an open road I would be driving around 75 mph which would yield 37-39 mpg.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One of the reasons I average around 40 mpg on the evening commute is that, after some initial stop-and-go, traffic moves fairly steadily at or below the 65 mph speed limit. With an open road I would be driving around 75 mph which would yield 37-39 mpg.
50mph in 6th gear is around 2000rpms, dropping to 40mph is around 1500rpms. Very fuel efficient if you can go easy on the throttle and stay below 2000rpm. If there is a need to move fast, downshift to 3rd and punch it.

PMMonly4HATCH

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald Frump
Threads
Reaction score
Only bad people (Not Cars) come to America
Vehicle(s)
'17 HATCH ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is so true. My Sc300 had a whopping 20 gallon tank so I love only having to fill about 10.2 to 10.3 gallons!!
Huge coup or takeover!

87Si89Base16EXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T '13 Accord Sport '08 Scion xD '94 Altima
16 EXT w/ 45k miles. Avg 425 - 465 miles mostly interstate commute. passed 500 couple times running it dry.

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last four fill-ups, averaging 39.2 mpg and 1.6 gallons left in the tank.

I could probably barely squeeze about 480 miles out of a tank but I'm reluctant to push it past 450 miles. My first (carbureted) car was never quite the same after I once ran the tank dry.

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I'm getting 420+ miles per tank constantly, then I fill up with around 10-20 miles on range. So with a lighter foot I could brush 500 miles on a tank

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've only put gas in it a couple times. Had to take a road trip from GA to VA. Topped off in Waterboro, SC and finished my drive to Portsmouth VA. Still have some gas left. Smaller tank than my 9th but more miles//tank. I never got more than the mid-300 mile range per tank on it. Amazing motor. Like a rabid gerbil with a turbo between his butt and mouth.

Honda Civic 10th gen How many kms/miles do you get on a full tank? IMG_20171117_072802742
Sponsored