How many kms/miles do you get on a full tank?

HondasRun4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
Worst full tank: 400 miles
Best full tank: 507 miles
Avg. full tank: 449 miles
Sponsored

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Socal Los Angeles area, my avg tank is 330-340 miles, about 10.5 gallons each time.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
2017 SI. Mostly stop and go driving between 35-50mph. Average around 38 mpg but with restraint I can average 42mpg. Best tank yet was 452 miles on 10.6 gallons.

w1ck3dme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
2017 EX-L Hatch

I tend to drive with A/C on, usually on 74. Sometimes with windows down when under 30mph. I try to be light on throttle most of the times. Light-Moderate acceleration mostly

I guess everyone is talking about ‘range’. I tend to average around 410-430 usually in DC-Maryland-Virginia area including commuting in traffic. Worst range is about 340 and best was 47mpg average. So I guess add about 40-50 for the reserve fuel if you want. And I usually average about 10.5 gallons per fillup

When I’m driving DC to BWI in low traffic, I can average 50+ on the trip if I drive like a granny. But usually I average 75mph and get about 38-40mpg

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Civic VTI-LX (Touring equivalent)
Country flag
My best, which was essentially a pure highway run on quite flat terrain was just over 950 kilometers - about 600 miles. My average though which is a mixture of 30% city and 70% highway is closer to 700 kilometers - about 430 miles. I do not drive aggressively at all, often using the adaptive cruise control, even in stop / start traffic.

touring420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring.. 2003 Civic DX (for sale btw)
Country flag
Average is 650kms per tank all hwy driving. I've tried the premium vs regular comparison ,conclusion was premium gained nothing but less money in my pocket lol.
At the moment 94 is 140.0 a liter so roughly 4.12 usd a gallon.
Honda Civic 10th gen How many kms/miles do you get on a full tank? 20171028_055450

Absolute RIP off!!!

FN2_expat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-L 2D (and FN2 forever in my heart)
Country flag
last time I got 497 and that was so f@#$%ng frustrated: just round it up to 500 and make me happy! but no...

FN2_expat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have seen a guy claim on the internet that he gets 50 miles to the US gallon in mixed driving on his Honda VFR 1200. That is a 600 lb plus motorcycle with 160 Horsepower and a shaft drive. Motorcycles with half as much power and are 100 lbs lighter don't get 50 mpg. The VFR 1200 only gets about 35 mpg if you go easy on the throttle.
well, steady cruise @80~85 mph on my RC51 SP2 got me exactly 50mpg (perfect conditions, no luggage, super-calm mood)
on the other hand, on a track day same bike with same gearing was barely reaching 8mpg
strict fuel-measuring and gps speedo, no "trip computer calculation" trickery

so, yeah, it mostly down to a rider

sadsushi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen How many kms/miles do you get on a full tank? 22BC9886-65BF-4C0D-AC84-3B871ACC9C3A
Well I just filled up with 1 mile left to spare for the range phew haha picture proof. 340 miles for this tank

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
well, steady cruise @80~85 mph on my RC51 SP2 got me exactly 50mpg (perfect conditions, no luggage, super-calm mood)
on the other hand, on a track day same bike with same gearing was barely reaching 8mpg
strict fuel-measuring and gps speedo, no "trip computer calculation" trickery

so, yeah, it mostly down to a rider

The point was that the guy claimed to get 50 mpg in mixed riding conditions. NOT highway miles.

It is the same for the CivicX.
You CAN get 40 mpg at a steady 50 to 65 mph on the highway, but if you add any "stop and go" that number drops like a rock in real world conditions.

Reactions: jms

FN2_expat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The point was that the guy claimed to get 50 mpg in mixed riding conditions. NOT highway miles.

You CAN get 40 mpg at a steady 50 to 65 mph on a highway, but if you add any "stop and go" that number drops like a rock in real world conditions.
true. true
but then again, steady 50-65 on a highway will get ME a 60~50 mpg which still would sound to a lot of people like a lie
(this 66.9 was achieved at ~45 miles drive on US-50 in Virginia when I forgot my wallet at home and realized that at a gas station, hehe)

Honda Civic 10th gen How many kms/miles do you get on a full tank? DSC_1398_20171030233515522

Last edited:

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You CAN get 40 mpg at a steady 50 to 65 mph on the highway, but if you add any "stop and go" that number drops like a rock in real world conditions.
"Drops like a rock" might be a little strong. In DC freeway traffic I can get over 40 mpg when the traffic is relatively good (45-50 minutes to drive 28 miles). If traffic is particularly bad this may drop to 37 mpg (60 minutes or more to drive 28 miles).

The gas mileage has been perhaps the most pleasant surprise about the Si. But as many have pointed out, gas mileage depends on multiple factors.

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
"Drops like a rock" might be a little strong. In DC freeway traffic I can get over 40 mpg when the traffic is relatively good (45-50 minutes to drive 28 miles). If traffic is particularly bad this may drop to 37 mpg (60 minutes or more to drive 28 miles).

The gas mileage has been perhaps the most pleasant surprise about the Si. But as many have pointed out, gas mileage depends on multiple factors.
Set your "info display" to the Fuel pump icon.
It will show you a bar graph on your dash display in front of your steering wheel that shows you at any instance how much fuel that you are using. Watch what happens when you accelerate. The fuel consumption goes WAY up. EVEN IF YOU HIT THE GAS PEDAL GENTLY !

The only time that you get anywhere near 40 mpg is when you hold the gas pedal steady at highway speeds. It is not possible to get anywhere near 40 mpg when you are in stop and go traffic and are forced to brake then accelerate over and over. Regardless of "multiple factors".

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Set your "info display" to the Fuel pump icon.
It will show you a bar graph on your dash display in front of your steering wheel that shows you at any instance how much fuel that you are using. Watch what happens when you accelerate. The fuel consumption goes WAY up. EVEN IF YOU HIT THE GAS PEDAL GENTLY !
I have my info display set to the fuel pump icon. It has been set that way since I got the car. You are correct that the display fluctuates significantly as one accelerates or decelerates.

The only time that you get anywhere near 40 mpg is when you hold the gas pedal steady at highway speeds. It is not possible to get anywhere near 40 mpg when you are in stop and go traffic and are forced to brake then accelerate over and over. Regardless of "multiple factors".
Then I have achieved the impossible. My last two tanks of gas were just over 40 mpg, calculated by dividing speedometer miles driven by gallons at the pump. As I mentioned above, a typical commute takes 45 - 50 minutes to drive 28 miles. Much of the drive is at relatively steady highway speeds, but the commute also includes several miles of stop-and-go or slow-and-go traffic and a few miles of local roads with stoplights.

Quite frankly, the gas mileage on the Si has been an extremely pleasant surprise. I was expecting to get mpg in the low-mid 30s at best.
Sponsored