How many do NOT mod their Si what-so-ever???

Genuine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
I'm an OEM genuine parts type of guy (hence my display name), therefore all of my "mods" have consisted of parts from other markets (Japan, Europe, etc). I truly enjoy Honda in it's purest form and fully respect others' choices. There's just something about a clean stock looking Honda outfitted with rare/discontinued OEM parts. To each their own. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
Can you elaborate? I've been researching and trying to make a plan for my 2019 SI Coupe. What's your story?
the clutch is weak af. it started slipping, it was going to cost about 2k to upgrade it, I was about to do it, but the car was a lease. so i sold it to carvana they gave me more than what was owed. if the clutch never started slipping I wouldve never even thought about selling it. it was super fun with that tune though. if you do any modding just know you will need a clutch.

SkyeSI

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Coupe. 2018 JL Rubicon. 1988 K5 Blazer
Country flag
the clutch is weak af. it started slipping, it was going to cost about 2k to upgrade it, I was about to do it, but the car was a lease. so i sold it to carvana they gave me more than what was owed. if the clutch never started slipping I wouldve never even thought about selling it. it was super fun with that tune though. if you do any modding just know you will need a clutch.
That's great info! Thank you. That's what I've been thinking too.
KTuner
350 Clutch
drop in K&N
Better Tires
I want to keep it looking and sounding pretty much stock.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
If I were not to mod the SI I would have never bought it and bought something faster instead.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
How much did they give you btw?

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will admit the $1200 clutch replacement was not on my radar this early into owning my Si. But I'm glad I did it. The one thing holding the vehicle back is no longer an issue and I can push it even further now.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I don't plan on modding mine other than (potentially) getting an intake. I'd love a tune, even though the car is quick enough for my needs and desires, but I don't want to deal with getting a new clutch. And I like the peace-of-mind that Honda left held back on HP/TQ for reliability purposes.

I think the car is darn good aesthetically so anything I'd want to change has already been accounted for on the stock version. It looks relatively low, rims are very nice...I guess I would love some LEDs from the Touring but don't wan to spend the $$$.

That's just me personally. I've modded my cars in the past and it was great fun.

lucke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe, 2007 LBP S2000, 2017 MLP CR-V Touring
i haven't modded mine at all since it's a lease and i don't know what i'm going to do with it when my lease is up. at least i have ~20 months left to figure it out.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
i haven't modded mine at all since it's a lease and i don't know what i'm going to do with it when my lease is up. at least i have ~20 months left to figure it out.
Ditto - will be fun to see what else is on the market by that point.

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I were not to mod the SI I would have never bought it and bought something faster instead.
I'm kinda kicking myself for not opting for the CTR. Live and learn I guess. Ill probably end up building the Si up to/past a stock CTR, so in the end it'll all be okay.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag

b4gel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si sedan
Country flag
No plans to modify mine. I've gone down that road with many cars before though. I admit that it was a good time the first few goes. But by the end of each past "project" I had spent A LOT of money and came out the other end with a car that was compromised in terms of comfort, reliability, and resale value. The older I get, the more those trade-offs don't make sense.

flash_company

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
My Si is just my daily/beater (that i'm falling in love with), so I've kept it stock except for a mishimoto intake that adds no power, just sounds nice.
I really don't wanna have TWO modified cars so I'll probably keep the Si forever stock..

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I've tinted the windows and put oem 2018 Accord wheels on mine besides that she's bone stock. The only actual modification I have considered is the hondata or Ktuner I would like a little more balls under the hood for my more spirited drives, but I am concerned about it affecting reliability. So needless to say I'm on the fence.
Sponsored