How many bought mods then felt it ruined the car?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Maybe not everyone has infinity dollars to spend on their cars like you, and buying an ultra rare and likely expensive exhaust isn’t very high on their priority list.
it's not only about having an infinite amount of dollars though. I see many people buy parts then replace with something else and losing money every time it happens (yup, that sounds like me). Why not save up a few more months to buy what you really want. Buy it once and be done with it right? That's what i decided to do from now on.

The problem with items like exhausts is, that videos will NEVER do it justice no matter how great of an equipment you have. Things like drone is so subjective that you really have to ride in the car with that exhaust to really know it suits you.
Sponsored

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This was the same guy saying that if a steering wheel is made in China, it will crumble in your hands because everything out of China is apparently 100% garbage (nevermind that 80% if what is in our homes comes from China), and you MUST spend as much money as possible to ensure your steering wheel won't disintegrate. Because you know, people generally man handle the shit out of the wheel when in the driver's seat. Then he went on about his pricey wheel. Which isn't flexing.

Neither is listing 10 cars in his avatar. That isn't flexing either.

HEY EVERYONE I HAVE A LAMBO AND IM ON A CIVIC FORUM. Y'ALL BETTER KNOW I HAVE A LAMBO!!! HEY DID YOU SEE I HAVE A LAMBO?! WHY IS NO ONE PAYING ATTENTION TO ME?! :rolleyes:

FFS.
And we change subject again. Hint: Ignore button is useful. Try it.

It was a safety caution dumbass. If you don’t want to be safe, by all means get whatever you want. It was PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT. Use your brain. Had nothing to do with price but you made it about price.

Maybe you can’t afford certain things SMH.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it's not only about having an infinite amount of dollars though. I see many people buy parts then replace with something else and losing money every time it happens (yup, that sounds like me). Why not save up a few more months to buy what you really want. Buy it once and be done with it right? That's what i decided to do from now on.

The problem with items like exhausts is, that videos will NEVER do it justice no matter how great of an equipment you have. Things like drone is so subjective that you really have to ride in the car with that exhaust to really know it suits you.
Yep, bingo.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Out of everything I've done to the car so far the only thing that changed the whole character was the 27WON RMM.

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm talking about the guy who's bragging about how awesome his exhaust is. And that anything else was fucking stupid, even though only 20 people had the ability to buy an exhaust that was likely in the 2500 dollar range.

And sorry ctrmofo, you don't get to decide what gets discussed in here. Use your own advice and block me if you can't handle the heat. This is about mods. You told the OP he was a tool for not listening to you. So here we are.

It's also fine to switch mods, but by the end of the day, just because one guy likes a loud exhaust and it sounds great to him, doesn't mean that's the case for everyone. It's trial by fire. Opinions are like buttholes- everyone has one.

I dont blame the OP for his feeling on mods. Anything you change from oem will be a compromise in one way or another. Too loud, too too harsh, too whatever, cause something else to wear out faster, etc.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
And we change subject again. Hint: Ignore button is useful. Try it.

It was a safety caution dumbass. If you don’t want to be safe, by all means get whatever you want. It was PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT. Use your brain. Had nothing to do with price but you made it about price.

Maybe you can’t afford certain things SMH.
I can't tell if you're stupid or just plain ignorant. This doesn't seem to be the first time people have approached you about your incessant need to flex and your response is to ignore people and keep going? Is that really the right move to make? haha.

It seems like the only defense you've got going is that we're trailing off subject. I'd give in and give you your own thread but I think I'm going to pass cause i think doing so would only feed that huge ego of yours.

On a side note, I just made the connection that you're the D bag everyone has been clowning on in the facebook groups. I guess it's good to know that you're consistently shitty across all platforms.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
GRP is right in my backyard (give or take 14 miles lol) but I just picked up my CTR last weekend so I missed the boat on that exhaust. Sounds legit! Pre-ordered the upcoming Ti setup from Remark. Guess we'll see...
I am also in the area...there is a small group of us here in Indianapolis. Graham has a really cool shop
Gotta get some Indianapolis Rs together.

ChrisB

PRL & Hondata Top Fan
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Maybe CTRMofo lists a lot of cars to show that he has a wide range of experience across many platforms? Maybe he says his exhaust is 1 out of 20 to let people know they're not available to buy because he knows someone will ask where he got it. It is an exhaust in the $2500 range, but so is the Remus exhaust that most people recommend. Maybe he says not to buy cheap Chinese knockoffs because OEM cores are better and safer? I didn't see anywhere in this thread where he attacked anyone for their mod choices, but you openly attack him for having more money than you, which is senseless. I know he doesn't need anyone to speak on his behalf, but this kind of playground bullshit just detracts from the community as a whole and from the OP's post.

Yea, his approach can be blunt sometimes, but he is from a different generation, answers hundreds of PMs across multiple platforms, and has a life of his own outside of CTR pages. Maybe just keep scrolling instead of trying to attack someone for giving factual information. There's a design behind it all.

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Maybe CTRMofo lists a lot of cars to show that he has a wide range of experience across many platforms? Maybe he says his exhaust is 1 out of 20 to let people know they're not available to buy because he knows someone will ask where he got it. It is an exhaust in the $2500 range, but so is the Remus exhaust that most people recommend. Maybe he says not to buy cheap Chinese knockoffs because OEM cores are better and safer? I didn't see anywhere in this thread where he attacked anyone for their mod choices, but you openly attack him for having more money than you, which is senseless. I know he doesn't need anyone to speak on his behalf, but this kind of playground bullshit just detracts from the community as a whole and from the OP's post.

Yea, his approach can be blunt sometimes, but he is from a different generation, answers hundreds of PMs across multiple platforms, and has a life of his own outside of CTR pages. Maybe just keep scrolling instead of trying to attack someone for giving factual information. There's a design behind it all.
Well said.

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag

Yes because no one on these forums except ctrmofo have experience with a wide platform of cars. No one on this page asked about his exhaust, or any mod, for that matter. He couldn't provide proof of Chinese steering wheels horrendously failing, when asked. Sure did make some strong claims, though. Etc., Etc.

Your arguments for supporting him aren't any better. Ok I'm done.

Can't blame OP for his original post, though.
Sponsored