How long will the Civic Type R Be produced?

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
Not according to the online registries some sites are doing. https://fk8registry.com/ shows that there was not a hard number where the models switched from 2017 to 2018. The first 2018 appears in their list at badge #05469, and slowly transitions from 2017 to 2018 over the next couple thousand badge numbers. By the time it gets into the mid 065xx's it is almost all 2018s, although in a quick scan I found a 2017 as high as 11179. So it would appear that 6000ish 2017 models is about correct. It looks like the production for 2018 is about triple that.

BTW: From what I recall in some magazine way back when, 6000 is also what Honda stated that they would produce for 2017.
That’s a self reported registry. When I get my CTR I’m not going to waste my time and self report to that registry.
Sponsored

Pielo7

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
What? Where did you get those numbers...? Production numbers have already exceeded 20,000 worldwide. They probably made more than 3,000 U.S. and 6,000 worldwide in 2017 alone.
Lol

CTR298

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2007 s2000
Country flag
If the CTR Continues production what the hell was the point of badge numbering these! Guessing they are going to make 99,999 of these lol. 20,000 CTRs per year distributed worldwide

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
That’s a self reported registry.
Yeah, and your point is what exactly?

When I get my CTR I’m not going to waste my time and self report to that registry.
Great. You do you. I have not and do not plan to report my car either. Amazing similarity you and I. Its almost like we were separated at birth. Maybe we should get matching T-shirts that have big pointy hands and say "I'm With That Guy"

But all of this is unrelated to the point. If you weren't so busy trying to deflect with irrelevancies when presented with evidence proving your statement to be incorrect, you might learn something by the info in the registry. Something like, maybe, there are approximately 6000 2017 model year Civic Type Rs worldwide?

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
Congratulations, you can use Google. Now explain what does the badge numbers on 2018s have to do with the number of 2017s produced?
It showed you that CTR will not be a rare collector item... which won’t be now that Honda mass produce the. Duh.

I had to use google since you obviously proved that you can’t do that before posting BS. Why don’t you read the article. It clearly stated they planed to build 13k model and export 6k to US alone for 2017.

Are you one of those dealer GM that told everyone that comes in that Honda will be only producing 3k just to charge mark up?

If the CTR Continues production what the hell was the point of badge numbering these! Guessing they are going to make 99,999 of these lol. 20,000 CTRs per year distributed worldwide
That sound like something a dealer told me when I asked them for a price quote over email. Individual number badging is meaningless unless it’s number one or the last one off production line.

Honda Civic 10th gen How long will the Civic Type R Be produced? EF6FDCA6-5BAB-487F-9906-DF02BFEDAE00

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
It showed you that CTR will not be a rare collector item... which won’t be now that Honda mass produce the. Duh.
This statement has absolutely nothing to do with verifying the number of 2017 CTR built. But WOW, you really got me with that one. Cut me to the bone.

I had to use google since you obviously proved that you can’t do that before posting BS. Why don’t you read the article. It clearly stated they planed to build 13k model and export 6k to US alone for 2017.
Then maybe you should use Google to first improve your reading comprehension skills, then go back and read the article again. From the article:
"Honda will build 75 units of its Civic Type R hot hatch every day for the next financial year to meet massive worldwide demand."

That is FINANCIAL YEAR, not MODEL YEAR.

It is not explicitly stated was is Honda's "financial year" but this quote provides some insight:
"We’re looking at producing about 13,000 units between now and March 31, and we’re exporting about 6,000 of those to the States.”

This suggests with strong likelihood that March 31 is the end of the financial year. It is not clear when the Honda rep being quoted made this statement , but the article was posted in June 2017. That means the financial year, in which 13,000 were to be built, spans both the 2017 AND 2018 model years. So the entire 13,000 are not 2017s.

Since there is plenty of verifiable evidence that 2018s were already in the US in December 2017, that means Honda stopped making 2017s and changed to 2018s by probably sometime in November 2017 at the latest. So if there were 13,000 total in the financial year, and half that financial year ( Nov 2017 to March 31 2018) was 2018 production, then the first half represents 2017 production. And since a new production line is typically slow at first that means that, at best, half of the 13,000 are 2017s. And probably somewhat less than half.

And what is somewhat less than half of 13,000??? Wow, what do you know, it is about 6,000. Imagine that.

Are you one of those dealer GM that told everyone that comes in that Honda will be only producing 3k just to charge mark up?
Since it is pretty obvious to anyone not allergic to facts that about 6,000 2017s were produced, and Honda has stated that about half of the CTR production would come to the US, a production of 3,000 US-bound 2017s seems pretty accurate. So the GM might be a scumbag price-gouging POS, but he wasn't lying.

Deleted member

This statement has absolutely nothing to do with verifying the number of 2017 CTR built. But WOW, you really got me with that one. Cut me to the bone.
Chill. This thread has never been about the number of 2017 CTR built. Some guy said the total number of all CTR built was 6000 worldwide and someone responded saying that's not true and you responded to that guy saying yes there were 6000 2017 CTR which is not what was being argued.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Respectfully, there are plenty of examples, some very recent (Ford and the recent GT), of automakers intenionally limiting the production of a car whose demand isnt getting satisfied. Its not just about profits. Legacy automakers have a certain amount of equity tied to their name, Honda, Audii, Ford. Sometimes things are done to further their brand image, rather than making $$ off the car in question. The original ITRs are probably one of many examples of that.
FWIW, Multimatic, er, I mean Ford, has re-opened the order books and will be building more GT's. You can put your application in for another couple weeks. $500k :D.

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
FWIW, Multimatic, er, I mean Ford, has re-opened the order books and will be building more GT's. You can put your application in for another couple weeks. $500k :D.
Whoa. I hadn’t heard. I’ll check it out. Wonder if they’re still doing the painful application process or if they making any updates.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I don't think you are getting one of those for $500k.
$500k is the 'estimated MSRP.' I'm sure that by the time delivery happens in 2020 (or later), the actual selling price will be higher ...
Whoa. I hadn’t heard. I’ll check it out. Wonder if they’re still doing the painful application process or if they making any updates.
Painful application process. https://www.fordgt.com/campaignlibs...wired/performance/gt/application/welcome.html
Sponsored