How long did your stock tires last?

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
For those who DD only (not taken to track), how long did your tires last? What's the mileage on them?
12k miles. I could have squeezed another 1-3k miles out of them, but they were getting bald. I replaced the contis with Hankooks, they're great and don't noticeably change the performance yet drive smoother with less road noise
Sponsored

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm 16k on the original ones, still looking pretty good. I don't run the car hard so i'm having no issues with them and I don't plan on driving the car in the winter so I'll probably have those on for a while.

2NDW1FE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2008 S2000 CR
Country flag
I drove a total of 16k miles on my OEM tires, with a rotation at 8k and two track days around the early 15k mark. Didn't check exactly how much thread left since I found a great deal on TE's so I swapped them out. What a night/day difference dropping down to 18s and 255/40. Would 100% recommend.

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
12k miles. I could have squeezed another 1-3k miles out of them, but they were getting bald. I replaced the contis with Hankooks, they're great and don't noticeably change the performance yet drive smoother with less road noise
Nice - what Hankooks did you swap to??

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Nice - what Hankooks did you swap to??
Ventus V12 Evo 2...my brother also has a 2019 CTR and just bought the same set on discounttire.com this week because they're actually on sale I think for like $25 less per tire than what I had paid. Highly recommend. They're great off the line 0-60 and corner I think equally as well as the Contis at least when hitting interstate on-ramp corners. I never track the car so can't attest to how they perform vs. the Contis under a track condition.
Sponsored