Mugen Euro

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mugeneuro.com
Vehicle(s)
FN2 Civic Type R Mugen 2.2, FK2 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm not aware of any factory racing efforts by Honda themselves in the US for the Integra Type R. Just club racers and privateers. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Besides, the only racing organization that I can think of here in the States that had homologation rules was NASCAR and I know Honda definitely didn't race an Integra there.
I remember seeing a few times the North American Touring Car Championship that came on the CART undercard in 96/97, but the Honda's in that were Accords, so obviously that was the racing model of choice for Honda USA at that time.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
I think Honda could not sell enough ITR's in Japan and in Europe, so they sold them in the US too.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
If the number is really 5000 to be sold worldwide for the homologation, no way they could reach that amount in Europe and Japan alone. Honda is not a popular brand in Europe.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I'm not aware of any factory racing efforts by Honda themselves in the US for the Integra Type R. Just club racers and privateers. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Besides, the only racing organization that I can think of here in the States that had homologation rules was NASCAR and I know Honda definitely didn't race an Integra there.
There weren't AFAIK, although I'm not sure which model was the basis for RealTime's Acura's (which was a factory-sponsored effort).

FYI, NASCAR is sanctioned by FIA. The other American motorsports organizations running under FIA sanction are IRL, IMSA, NHRA, SCCA, USAC, and (for karting) WKA. All of these organizations have rules involving homologation - but homologation applies to a specific series, not an organization.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
There weren't AFAIK, although I'm not sure which model was the basis for RealTime's Acura's (which was a factory-sponsored effort).

FYI, NASCAR is sanctioned by FIA. The other American motorsports organizations running under FIA sanction are IRL, IMSA, NHRA, SCCA, USAC, and (for karting) WKA. All of these organizations have rules involving homologation - but homologation applies to a specific series, not an organization.
Not exactly. While NASCAR is a club member of ACCUS which is in turn the US representative to FIA, NASCAR is its own sanctioning body. They adhere to their own rules and regulations separate from FIA. Those other US racing bodies are probably set up the same way.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
FIA governs international motorsport. National rules and regulations are not set by FIA. Events and series that are classified as international that are run by member organizations must run under FIA sanction (and licensing).

We were talking about the DC2 ITR, which was homologated for international motorsport; albeit for a series that never happened (in the format that the DC2 ITR was homologate for).

My point remains that there was a homologated-related reason to bring the DC2 ITR in the USA and Canada. That the reason was not eventually fulfilled doesn't change that the reason was part of the rationale to import.

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Sequoia, '10 M6, '13 STi, '16 TLX
Country flag
Where can you get a CTR for less than MSRP?????
I never said you could...

Maybe in a couple years once everyone who wants one has already gotten one.

OP
OP

zidanej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS 300, Civic Type R '18
lol at people that can't accept the quirks of owning something limited

Even a dollar or cent dictates their life

Like I said and stand firm on, if you let that stop you from getting what you wanted, you truly didn't want it in the first place

There's some things out there that people will fight for and perhaps a penny 2k 5k 10k 15k is a lot, but compare it to bigger pictures, it's really miniscule to deter one from getting what they've originally wanted. Obviously let's get real. If the markup was 100k then no shit don't buy the ctr.

People would say "well I could get xyz"

Then GET XYZ then.

Reminds me of the very few people that purchase things at stores and count to the penny or check their receipt at the door for 10 minutes or even cut out coupons all day wasting time and energy on petty bs to save a few CENTS.

would i pay 50 75 100 for an itr or s2k cr? yeah. add the rarity and all other factors on why it should be expensive.

to some other person, they'd probably hold it at KBB value and say the cars are old i wouldn't pay more than 5k rofl

to those that are about to argue, just don't forget to cut off your full coverage and not buy warranty etc

gota save those few cents!
There’s a big difference between a few cents at the grocery store vs 10k+. Maybe you’re just ballin outta control but I would think that there are better ways to spend your money than giving it to the dealer. I don’t judge though, it comes down to whatever makes you happy. I personally don’t think I could be happy with myself for making a purchase with significant ADM but that’s just me.

JayeGee

JaysCTR2528
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 EK HATCH EJ6 & 2017 CTR FK8
Country flag
Yea, especially with all the positive reviews and comparisons. It be hard to even get the Type R at MSRP, so below is not going to happen. Definitely not in Cali.
I work by a honda dealership in city of industry and there price is msrp+22k adm people gotta be paying close to that cuz they have been selling there ctr's pretty quick.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
I work by a honda dealership in city of industry and there price is msrp+22k adm people gotta be paying close to that cuz they have been selling there ctr's pretty quick.
That’s what they’re asking. Just in case an idiot walks in. More than one dealership near my house has the same mark up, but the salesman said they’re willing to take 5-7k over.

Do your homework, and actually “or best offer” back the dealers. It seems most people just give up after hearing the initial price.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Some of these cars selling for $15k to $25k still have to be selling to Manufacturers/Collectors. There is no way someone who is planning to DD this car would pay almost $50k for this car regardless of the perceived "limited" quantity. Think about it, You can pay roughly $600 for a flight/hotel/food, and pay about $5k ADM or MSRP in another State. Why would you buy here? I don't get it.
Sponsored