Sponsored

OP
OP

zidanej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS 300, Civic Type R '18
When I was searching for mine, I go to honda.com and click build your own on the Type R. When you scroll down, there's a section where you can input a zip code and it shows you what color the dealer has or getting.
I made a list of all the dealerships to where i was willing to travel to and wrote down what color they had and started calling.
That makes sense, did you have an easy way to check what dealerships you would travel to? I can only get a couple of close hits for each search on different zip codes, seems like this would take a while to do...

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
If you can't afford it, save up more money for it. If you can't accept that the markup inevitably exists and allowing it to deter you from buying the car, then you honestly didn't want it in the first place.
i disagree with this statement. People can want it, but not all people are desperate enough to pay 10k+. I wanted it but i wasn't willing to pay 10-15k+ for it.
That makes sense, did you have an easy way to check what dealerships you would travel to? I can only get a couple of close hits for each search on different zip codes, seems like this would take a while to do...
definitely took a while.
I made an excel sheet of the dealer name, address, phone number and then searched the surrounding zip codes 1 by 1 ......................

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
You won't find one for MSRP unless by sheer luck or hook up

Bought mine for +15 because time is money tbh. I have no regrets.

If you can't afford it, save up more money for it. If you can't accept that the markup inevitably exists and allowing it to deter you from buying the car, then you honestly didn't want it in the first place.
Maybe no more $10 or $15k ADM, but I do agree that you'll have to be really lucky, and at the right place, and at the right time to score MSRP or a huge hook up.

EDIT: After almost 5 months, I still can't wait to jump into the CTR every morning :D

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Got mine in Reno, NV for 2,000 over. They wanted 5 but talked them down pretty easily. Not sure where in Northern CA but reno is >2 hours from Sacramento
HA! Those fuckers were so sure they were going to stick with their original asking mark up price when I first inquired about their first allotment. They can go eat a fat d*** lol.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
You got the cw from bill pearce? Cuddy was talking about you. Im the other cw in town
Oh yea nice! Known Alex for awhile you work at Audi with him? Whats your IG? Would be curious to see another in town or mine is huf_the_magic_crx

HA! Those fuckers were so sure they were going to stick with their original asking mark up price when I first inquired about their first allotment. They can go eat a fat d*** lol.
Were they asking 5+ then or more?

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
When every Honda dealer across the country has 2 or 3 in stock at any given time. In other words, never
I live in Guam and there are 6 CTRs sitting at the dealer for almost a month now. 44K OTD.

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Oh yea nice! Known Alex for awhile you work at Audi with him? Whats your IG? Would be curious to see another in town or mine is huf_the_magic_crx

Were they asking 5+ then or more?
They were asking 5k + silent auction.. ya im an audi tech there. I dont have IG .. ill pm u my number.

Last edited:

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Sequoia, '10 M6, '13 STi, '16 TLX
Country flag
i disagree with this statement. People can want it, but not all people are desperate enough to pay 10k+. I wanted it but i wasn't willing to pay 10-15k+ for it.
This. To me (emphasis on the word me), the CTR isn’t worth a penny over MSRP. Frankly, there’s no car that’s currently out that I think is worth more than MSRP. I’d rather buy a Challenger Hellcat for invoice (yes, they can be had for invoice or lower in California) than pay $1 over sticker for the CTR, so clearly it’s not an issue about not having enough money.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
You bring shame to ex-ITR owners if you didn't know why Honda brought over the Type R. "Honda produced the DC2 Type R for homologation purposes to meet FIA certification of the motor and the chassis changes to make the car more competitive in N-series and World Cup racing".

This is why Honda limited the production of the original R and the fact Honda lost money on every ITR sold.
You bring shame to your own self, friend. Being that it's a French organization, FIA homologation rules have zero to do with cars being Federalized and brought to the US. Honda made plenty for its home and European markets that they didn't need to bring the ITR to the US. If the US market were necessary for homologation, why didn't Honda offer Type R's prior to the DC2 in the US and then not offer the DC5 here? typemismatch is closer to the truth that it sold more poorly in the US initially than Honda thought it would.

Here's FIA 's approved homologation form for the DC2 Integra Type R: http://historicdb.fia.com/sites/def...401/homologation_form_number_5590_group_a.pdf

It was approved July 1st, 1998, for the European market ITR.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
IIRC, homologation rules of that era for touring class had a region-specific component - in other words, to compete in FIA (ACCUS in the USA)-listed events, the car had to be sold in that country. However, the overall volume required (5000, again, going from memory here) was world-wide.

My understanding at the time was that Honda wasn't really interested in racing the DC2 outside of Japan, but there was talk about moving touring class from national competition to a world touring championship, and they wanted to make sure that the car would be eligible.

Sorry for all the IIRC, but the point remains that there was a reason for the DC2 ITR to be sold in North America.

The long-winded evolution of touring car has now resulted in TCR cars, of which the FK2 Type R was very successful - currently 2nd in the World Touring Car Championship with one race left, and an FK8 Type R successor was announced for customer purchase last month: http://www.jasmotorsport.com/news/new-honda-civic-type-r-tcr-makes-track-debut

_my.ko

First Name
myko
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol at people that can't accept the quirks of owning something limited

Even a dollar or cent dictates their life

Like I said and stand firm on, if you let that stop you from getting what you wanted, you truly didn't want it in the first place

There's some things out there that people will fight for and perhaps a penny 2k 5k 10k 15k is a lot, but compare it to bigger pictures, it's really miniscule to deter one from getting what they've originally wanted. Obviously let's get real. If the markup was 100k then no shit don't buy the ctr.

People would say "well I could get xyz"

Then GET XYZ then.

Reminds me of the very few people that purchase things at stores and count to the penny or check their receipt at the door for 10 minutes or even cut out coupons all day wasting time and energy on petty bs to save a few CENTS.

would i pay 50 75 100 for an itr or s2k cr? yeah. add the rarity and all other factors on why it should be expensive.

to some other person, they'd probably hold it at KBB value and say the cars are old i wouldn't pay more than 5k rofl

to those that are about to argue, just don't forget to cut off your full coverage and not buy warranty etc

gota save those few cents!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Like I said and stand firm on, if you let that stop you from getting what you wanted, you truly didn't want it in the first place
I disagree still. Your statement is just wrong. There are people out there who truly want it but not want to fork out 50k for it. I "truly" wanted it and paid ADM but i sure as hell was not about to pay 15k+ ADM for it. Does that mean I truly didn't want it? Now if you talking about people turning down a deal of like $500 ADM then yes I agree. When you talk thousands though, that's a different story.
People would say "well I could get xyz"

Then GET XYZ then.
They can get XYZ but maybe they don't really want to because they "truly" want to have the CTR over XYZ?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
This. To me (emphasis on the word me), the CTR isn’t worth a penny over MSRP. Frankly, there’s no car that’s currently out that I think is worth more than MSRP. I’d rather buy a Challenger Hellcat for invoice (yes, they can be had for invoice or lower in California) than pay $1 over sticker for the CTR, so clearly it’s not an issue about not having enough money.
Where can you get a CTR for less than MSRP?????

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
IIRC, homologation rules of that era for touring class had a region-specific component - in other words, to compete in FIA (ACCUS in the USA)-listed events, the car had to be sold in that country. However, the overall volume required (5000, again, going from memory here) was world-wide.

My understanding at the time was that Honda wasn't really interested in racing the DC2 outside of Japan, but there was talk about moving touring class from national competition to a world touring championship, and they wanted to make sure that the car would be eligible.

Sorry for all the IIRC, but the point remains that there was a reason for the DC2 ITR to be sold in North America.

The long-winded evolution of touring car has now resulted in TCR cars, of which the FK2 Type R was very successful - currently 2nd in the World Touring Car Championship with one race left, and an FK8 Type R successor was announced for customer purchase last month: http://www.jasmotorsport.com/news/new-honda-civic-type-r-tcr-makes-track-debut
I'm not aware of any factory racing efforts by Honda themselves in the US for the Integra Type R. Just club racers and privateers. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Besides, the only racing organization that I can think of here in the States that had homologation rules was NASCAR and I know Honda definitely didn't race an Integra there.
Sponsored