First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 18 Hatch A/C crapped out in June 2020. Got 2 years out of it. ? When it started blowing warm air out the drivers side, and eventually both sides a few days later, I took it to my nearest dealer. I got denied warranty since my car was in a light front end collision (previous owner/carfax report) so dealer said there's no way to prove my a/c problems weren't from that accident...possibly damaged condenser, blah blah....so, yeah...denied! They tried to pressure me into $2500 of a/c work that day. I said, yeah, no thanks and went out and bought a can of r1234yf and refilled it myself. Still blowing nice and cold for the past 15 months.
Sponsored

2019SIRallye

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Sedan
Country flag
My '19 Si doesn't get very cold. I might have to get a gauge and check it out. Anyone use the A/C Pro?

CVTKiller

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-T CVT
Country flag
I have to run mine all the time or my engine temps shoot up……………?
I like to shut AC off when doing pulls on the highway, and If i do my engine at Idle will sky rocket!! Dont think there is a fix for this so i wont ask.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I have to run mine all the time or my engine temps shoot up……………?
I like to shut AC off when doing pulls on the highway, and If i do my engine at Idle will sky rocket!! Dont think there is a fix for this so i wont ask.
I'm almost certain the ac automatically shuts off at WOT so you get more power. If it doesn't, someone is bound to correct me

Plus, you can always hit the ON/OFF button before you do a pull

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After 5 years, my a/c still works. On really hot days, it takes a few minutes before it gets really cold out the vents.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Service and parts manager at my local dealership said dye comes from factory. I have a decent relationship with them, so I don't see why they would lie
I still am skeptical on that since my dealer says they have to inject dye in my system to inspect it. But then again every technician says stupid shit. One told me that the refrigerant evaporates over time which shouldn’t in theory since it’s a closed system. I’ll get a uv light and inspect my unit. It should be a requirement to have dye in there even if the efficiency drops a little.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
After 5 years, my a/c still works. On really hot days, it takes a few minutes before it gets really cold out the vents.
Mine takes 10-15 min on the highway or 30-45min on the street from 95f+. Idk if that’s normal.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Mine takes 10-15 min on the highway or 30-45min on the street from 95f+. Idk if that’s normal.
98 in Houston today... took ~30mins @ 80+mph to blow cold. The condenser is less than a year old and I took it to Honda a few months ago with the same issue. I'm getting frustrated with this ac crap

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I still am skeptical on that since my dealer says they have to inject dye in my system to inspect it. But then again every technician says stupid shit. One told me that the refrigerant evaporates over time which shouldn’t in theory since it’s a closed system. I’ll get a uv light and inspect my unit. It should be a requirement to have dye in there even if the efficiency drops a little.
Seems to be a topic of debate

I agree... a closed system means there's no where for refrigerant to evaporate.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
My 19’ civic si ac will only get cold after the engine warms up and I do a pull or get on the highway. Even then, it still can’t defeat 100F heat even maxed out unless two vents are pointing at me. I hate how that is and how loud the air is. My wife just got an 11th gen civic ex and the AC is so much better and quieter. I doubt it’s the same part as some people here might think it is in the previous comments. Car doesn’t look bad in person either but looks are subjective. It definitely handles well and is smooth. I’d say, look at one up close in person and test drive one before commenting. AC fan isn’t as loud in it compared to the 10th gen even at full blast. Much more refined.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
My AC doesn't work at all anymore. Just blows warm air. Mine's a 2016.
The AC sucks on these cars

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
My 19’ civic si ac will only get cold after the engine warms up and I do a pull or get on the highway. Even then, it still can’t defeat 100F heat even maxed out unless two vents are pointing at me. I hate how that is and how loud the air is. My wife just got an 11th gen civic ex and the AC is so much better and quieter. I doubt it’s the same part as some people here might think it is in the previous comments. Car doesn’t look bad in person either but looks are subjective. It definitely handles well and is smooth. I’d say, look at one up close in person and test drive one before commenting. AC fan isn’t as loud in it compared to the 10th gen even at full blast. Much more refined.
You know, the lower the fan speed means ambient air passes through the evaporator coil slower. This means that air gets to cool down more because it’s literally near the evap coil longer. And ac systems aren’t always going to deliver 50 degree output temps. Normally there’s an effective delta range most ac units operate at. Meaning, if it’s 90 degrees out and the unit only has a 20degree delta between ambient air, the best that system will do is 70 degrees for example. So if it’s 85 out you may achieve 65. But if it’s 110 out you’ll never feel 60 degree temps output from the ac cause that’s way beyond it’s delta range.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
My AC doesn't work at all anymore. Just blows warm air. Mine's a 2016.
The AC sucks on these cars
The condenser and lack of protection is what sucks for these cars truthfully.
Sponsored