First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport.
Country flag
typo, yes he meant catless.
So, I purchased your Cold Air Intake and fell in love with your company excellent manual for install and perfect fit. Even my dad a car vet since the early 80's was astonished of the quality of the piece. I want to get your Downpipe, Frontpipe, and full exhaust in February. Would you suggest that I go get a custom dyno tune this is my daily and would rather not trigger CEL. I did not know if any of these exhaust pieces set off the CEL?
Sponsored

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I purchased your Cold Air Intake and fell in love with your company excellent manual for install and perfect fit. Even my dad a car vet since the early 80's was astonished of the quality of the piece. I want to get your Downpipe, Frontpipe, and full exhaust in February. Would you suggest that I go get a custom dyno tune this is my daily and would rather not trigger CEL. I did not know if any of these exhaust pieces set off the CEL?
First off thank you very much for the kind words, that really means a lot to both me and my team. We strive every day for excellence and this kind of feedback is much appreciated.

Of the 3 parts of the exhaust system replacing the front pipe and front-pipe back alone will not trigger a CEL. Only the downpipe will since that is what alters the OEM catalytic converters. You can disable the CEL with a tuning solution like a Hondata or KTuner.
If you plan to get the full turbo-back option as you mentioned then yes I would suggest a tune to disable the CEL and dial in the performance.

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
I just installed my front/down pipe combo along with the motor mount and my car sounds like a racecar. Almost a bit too loud but I'm not sure if maybe I didn't torque the rmm properly or maybe I didn't tighten the front/down pipe enough and maybe there's a leak. I don't smell anything out of the ordinary but I was worried I did something wrong cause it's so loud. I'm gonna recheck my torque specs and hopefully everything will be fine. I'm glad I found this thread cause I thought it wasn't supposed to be that loud unless I got a different muffler lol!
I have 27won cat less down pipe to exhaust. It sounds amazing, very aggressive deep tone, it is very loud too. I've been complimented many times about the lack of rasp and how good it sounds. No drone either.
Any chance you can post a sound clips please? Considering between PRL combo and 27won combo.
The only thing that scares me in 27won is the heat shield gap and no sound clips :(.

OP
OP
joshhjackson2112

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Any chance you can post a sound clips please? Considering between PRL combo and 27won combo.
The only thing that scares me in 27won is the heat shield gap and no sound clips :(.
I wouldn't worry about that heat shield gap. If I were you I would get the PRL V2. Reason being, it is the only downpipe that I know of that keeps a true 3" diameter instead of bottle necking to 2.5" (or something) when it gets to the front pipe.
I hate I did not hold out for the V2. I don't think it is a huge deal but it is irritating that my frontpipe/exhaust is a full 3" but that one section isn't. One day I will replace.
All downpipes sound about the same. You won't go wrong with either choice if that is your concern. Catted sounds better that catless in my opinion. Catless is really raspy and just horrible. Not worth the miniscule extra hp/tq.

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
I wouldn't worry about that heat shield gap. If I were you I would get the PRL V2. Reason being, it is the only downpipe that I know of that keeps a true 3" diameter instead of bottle necking to 2.5" (or something) when it gets to the front pipe.
I hate I did not hold out for the V2. I don't think it is a huge deal but it is irritating that my frontpipe/exhaust is a full 3" but that one section isn't. One day I will replace.
All downpipes sound about the same. You won't go wrong with either choice if that is your concern. Catted sounds better that catless in my opinion. Catless is really raspy and just horrible. Not worth the miniscule extra hp/tq.
For now I am 95% sure I will go for PRL because:
1. Catted version more likely to pass emission test
2. Price (150$ almost difference + more than 300$ in tax later)
3. Heat shield gap - no big deal but it will bother me hehehe

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The RV6 has no gap. It looks stock from above. It also has full 3" if you get the RV6 front pipe. I got a silver ceramic coated catted dp from RV6 and I love it! However, I chose to keep the OEM front pipe, so mine came with a removable funnel section to the 2.5" front pipe.

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
The RV6 has no gap. It looks stock from above. It also has full 3" if you get the RV6 front pipe. I got a silver ceramic coated catted dp from RV6 and I love it! However, I chose to keep the OEM front pipe, so mine came with a removable funnel section to the 2.5" front pipe.
RV6 downpipe is not fully 3", this is why I removed it from my list

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm interesting, looks like you are right. I was looking on this product and here its definitely going more narrow on the bottom part: https://www.rv6-p.com/rv6-modular-high-temp-catted-downpipe-for-16-civic-1-5t-sedan-coupe-hatch.html
Looks like when you go for the full combo they replace the bottom part. The problem is again the heat shield - they allow only to use the upper part of it.
Yes, you are right. That is why I bought the one that was silver ceramic coated. That should help a little in lew of the side heat shield.

Jman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Hey how you doing I purchased a downpipe and the front pipe from 271 performance parts I had got the one that was catted and the thing sounds great it's nice and throaty that doesn't pop you can definitely feel that extra power through the 4 to 5 thousand range.. Just be careful when taking off the front pipe and down plate makes you spray a lot of liquid wrench or WD40 to make sure it's loose and let it sit for a while or you could possibly breakable other than that I am happy with the product

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey how you doing I purchased a downpipe and the front pipe from 271 performance parts I had got the one that was catted and the thing sounds great it's nice and throaty that doesn't pop you can definitely feel that extra power through the 4 to 5 thousand range.. Just be careful when taking off the front pipe and down plate makes you spray a lot of liquid wrench or WD40 to make sure it's loose and let it sit for a while or you could possibly breakable other than that I am happy with the product
Hey man I was considering these parts. How is it performing? How is the sound? Deep? Loud?