ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
Hey guys, I'm about to move on some Titan-7s and really want their matching titanium lugs. I'm curious about how risky it is to run non-locking lugs. For what it's worth, I park in parking garages both at home (not patrolled) and at work (definitely patrolled).
Sponsored

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well they won't stop a professional from stealing your wheels, but they're definitely a deterrent!

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The reality is if someone wants your wheels, theyll get them regardless of what locks you have on. That being said though, nobody likes to be out in the open using all sorts of devices and such to remove a wheel. So it is definitely a deterrent at the least.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just throwing this out there.

But, if you have nice wheels, wheel locks are certainly a deterrent as others have said.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
They are better than nothing, but if someone wants your wheels they will be taking them.

OP
OP

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
Thanks for the input. I suppose I'll stick with the cheaper locking option.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
There is a company called Rimlox that sell wheel locks they claim are 100% fullproof. And if someone does manage to steal your wheels with their locks on them, they’ll buy you a new set.

Only downside is that they cost over 400$.

They can also make a custom cap for your locks that will make they appear the same as the rest of your lugs.

Is it worth the 400+ doll hairs for civic wheels though? That is the question...:hmm: I’ve seen people on these forums spend far more than that on useless shit for this car.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Another option would be to lower your deductible on your compressive insurance to $0 and go with the lug nuts you want. For me, it was only around $80 a year more compared with a $500 deductible.

Omggitsdavid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2000 Honda S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get the locks. Noting is more peaceful than knowing your wheels are safe from potential thieves. An extra added security puts the mind at ease.

willowcairns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Acura TLX ASPEC SH-AWD, 2009 Acura TL Tech
Country flag
I mean you could get 5 sets of wheel locks and use them all, then I highly doubt someone will try and take the wheels.

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
The entire point of this thread is that are NOT SAFE.

Locks keep honest people honest. I don't run locks ever, because I figure if someone wants my wheels bad enough to get the car in the air, they'll do whatever they can to get the wheels and it becomes a problem for my insurance. I'd rather a thief get the wheels off cleanly than potentially fuck something up.

It's the same reason I don't lock my S2000. If someone wants in, they're going to slash the top. I'd rather save them the trouble and just let them open the door and keep my top intact.
LOL what? What kind of logic is that haha. Do you leave your keys in the ignition too? just incase you don't want them to jam your ignition up with a screwdriver? I can't even wrap my head around this. If OP wants to run locking lugnuts then good for him, its better to be proactive than reactive.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
They're not going to stop someone from getting your wheels if they want them. My stock wheels came with a set, so I had to pay like 30 dollars over stick for the locking nuts (so I guess I was hit with an ADM after all!). But most locking nuts can easily be bypassed, they just take a little more time to do. Realistically though, it just acts as a deterrent for someone to who wants your wheels, but definitely won't stop anyone from grabbing them and leaving you on bricks.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Stock wheels are more prone to be stolen than after market wheels because it’s easier to sell and harder to tell because all stock wheels/tires are the same. Thieves won’t waste their time with car with locks on them. They usually aim for a quick easy target. They’re plenty of cars parked out there without wheel locks believe it or not. Since you’re going with the Titan wheels, I wouldn’t be too concerned. For those recommending 5 wheel locks, you guys are crazzzyyyy lol.
Sponsored