First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stock wheels are more prone to be stolen than after market wheels because it’s easier to sell and harder to tell because all stock wheels/tires are the same. Thieves won’t waste their time with car with locks on them. They usually aim for a quick easy target. They’re plenty of cars parked out there without wheel locks believe it or not. Since you’re going with the Titan wheels, I wouldn’t be too concerned. For those recommending 5 wheel locks, you guys are crazzzyyyy lol.

My set of lug nuts are all wheel locks. :)
Sponsored

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
from working at a shop, any lug nut can be removed with time. personally for my honda we did spikes because it is a burdon to remove more than normal but hey, if a tweaker wants them they will take them

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
You sound like someone who has no background in IT security nor any idea how easy most commercial locks are to bypass.

Security is not about keeping your shit safe, security is about risk mitigation.

The S2000 has an enormous vulnerability: the roof is made of vinyl. Honest people aren't going to want in my car anyway, and a thief who wants in can trivially get in. Since I can't stop the thief, I might as well reduce the chance he damages my car while he's going in. Which, ironically, means that I only lock the car when I park it with the top down, since an alarm is an effective deterrent for someone honest but curious, and a determined thief might be seen loading an S2000 with a blaring alarm on a truck.
Lol, brother you’re making 0 sense. You’re speaking in absolutes. One does not equal the other, what does IT work have to do with this man wanting to use locking lug nuts?

based off of what you’re saying, I can tell you never wrestled in college. Coach always told us protect yourself and your property at all times. Can’t be fucked with if nobody wants to fuck with you. So, deter thieves by putting locking lug nuts on your wheels. /s

see how stupid that sounds? Also what you’re saying is counterintuitive, but go on mate.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@ehCobra the way i look at this matter is simple. If I spent thousands of dollars on my new set of wheels, I can also spend maybe 1/10th of that to get a set of locks, maybe more depends on your budget. Don't just cheap out on wheels locks to protect your new set of wheels.
Now onto the matter of whether or not wheels locks can protect you against thieves, not likely unless you go with Rimlock but make sure you read all the fine prints that entail in case your wheels are jacked even with Rimlock. Nothing is absolute, just remember that.

OP
OP

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
@ehCobra the way i look at this matter is simple. If I spent thousands of dollars on my new set of wheels, I can also spend maybe 1/10th of that to get a set of locks, maybe more depends on your budget. Don't just cheap out on wheels locks to protect your new set of wheels.
Now onto the matter of whether or not wheels locks can protect you against thieves, not likely unless you go with Rimlock but make sure you read all the fine prints that entail in case your wheels are jacked even with Rimlock. Nothing is absolute, just remember that.
Hey thanks for the feedback. I'm not looking to cheap out, I'm actually looking to justify going with the non-locking titanium lugs from Titan-7.

OP
OP

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
My obsessive side very much wants those O.W.L. lugs, but economical me says to pass and get Whiteline springs instead.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Get the kics monolith. They claim every lug is a lock! I'm thinking of getting myself the neochrome one also, but the frugal side of me is saying no.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have them. Forgive me. No idea why the photo is uploading upside down on my phone. Also pardon the rust. It rained a lot here today and I have not driven recently.

Honda Civic 10th gen How important are locking lugs? 5D3F7BD6-D1B3-428F-B6BB-1CD11DC6A43A

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
I have them. Forgive me. No idea why the photo is uploading upside down on my phone. Also pardon the rust. It rained a lot here today and I have not driven recently.

5D3F7BD6-D1B3-428F-B6BB-1CD11DC6A43A.jpeg
Funny how I mentioned about the same lug in my previous post. I thought u ran 5 sets of oem wheel locks. Didn't know the monolith fits the stock wheels. I want it even more now. Damn! Temptation!!!

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
oh it's not as bad as you think..

This is what I have:

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/...Q7yEF0KjIuMuWnf6zUx-9YJ5iXw9b84oaAix8EALw_wcB

They say they are virtually theft proof. Granted I do not want to put this to a test. They are made of SCM435 forged steel.

Interesting, it says right on the page not to use them with factory wheels, I can only assume because these aftermarket lugs like most lugs are meant for aftermarket wheels with a conical seat. Factory wheels come with a ball seat that wont seat properly.

Risk is up to you though.

OP, i would recommend against getting these lugs for your stock wheels.

Funny how I mentioned about the same lug in my previous post. I thought u ran 5 sets of oem wheel locks. Didn't know the monolith fits the stock wheels. I want it even more now. Damn! Temptation!!!
they dont

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Interesting, it says right on the page not to use them with factory wheels, I can only assume because these aftermarket lugs like most lugs are meant for aftermarket wheels with a conical seat. Factory wheels come with a ball seat that wont seat properly.

Risk is up to you though.

OP, i would recommend against getting these lugs for your stock wheels.

they dont
Yeah lol, it was clearly stated on the website to not install it on the stock wheels. That’s why I said didn’t know they fit stock wheels. OP is getting Titan7 wheels so these will fit.

NX211

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Get the kics monolith. They claim every lug is a lock! I'm thinking of getting myself the neochrome one also, but the frugal side of me is saying no.
Had a tough time finding something i liked. Ultimately went with these. They seem good quality. (Heavy vs titanium but feel solid) Install them hopefully Tuesday with the Titans. Will upload when it happens. I like the company (Titan) but for less money you get locking on all wheels all bolts.

If you really don't want someone stealing your wheels take the hub off and put on reverse thread bolts; that way they are tightening your wheels. ?

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
They're so important that in my 20 years of driving, I've never used them and never had a wheel stolen. Are stolen wheels very common where you live? That'd be the determining factor.
Sponsored