How I Installed two Hella Sharptones in my 2018 Honda Civic with 2 Stock Horns.

Ketsto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic 1.5l
Country flag
Hello.

So I've looked around the forum about how to install replacement horns. Here's a quick rundown on how I did it.

I didn't buy any adapters. But that would be cleaner.

1) I Took off the original horns.

2) I removed the mounting bracket from the horns, and put it on the Hella Sharptone. I put the Sharptone that is all the way back with the plugs all the way to the left, and the frontmost horn with the plugs to the right. This is to make it easier to wire later. Mounting the horns on the original bracket is tight and a huge PITA but absolutely possible without modifying the brackets on the Sharptones or on the original Civic horn bracket.

3) I made my own adapters using a "blue" fork crimp connector that fit without having to cut it into the stock wire, and a "flat female" crimp connector that goes into the plugs on the new horns. I took inspiration from THIS POST.

4) For waterproofing I used heatshrink tubing, pretty straight forward. I just found a size that fit around the forks that go into the original plug, and then I just shrunk it.

5) Then after plugging everything up I just zip tied everything and used electrical tape where I needed to to keep everything nice and tidy.

So I didn't modify any of the horns, brackets, or stock wiring in any way. Perfect if you want to revert this mod. I sadly don't have any pictures. No splicing, no fuses, no relays. (almost) plug and play!

I sadly don't have any pictures. Hopefully with this together with the other posts, you can piece it together. It's fidly and a huge PITA, but it's absolutely doable and really not that hard. If you get adapters it really is much easier. Except mounting the much bigger Sharptones to the standard bracket. That still sucks.

E: Changed post from asking for help to a short write-up of how I did it. Hopefully it'll help someone in the future.
Sponsored

Last edited: