How has COVID-19 affected your life so far..

JDMDownload

4.FK7s.Sake
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I’m so lucky. I work at Best Buy, as stated earlier in this post, my mom passed away a few weeks ago. They paid me a weeks bereavement, and so far they’ve payed me 100% of my pay for what will be a month after that to stay home. 5 weeks in a row full pay, and they may extend it another 2 weeks.
I used to be at the big blue, I still keep in touch with old coworkers i liked there. Everyones job is not going to be the same after this
Sponsored

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My friend is having her first baby and the baby shower has been canceled due to this pandemic. Also my birthday trip to Virginia Beach next month is looking like a dead end. Also my friends are losing their damn minds. But I get hazard pay so there's that.

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
Welp. To add to the fact that I couldn’t have a funeral for my mom because of this, I just got furlough today. Good times.

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
stevessvt
I feel sorry for you. You' re at a bad time in your life.
But good time come back and you come stronger.
That' s what I wish for you.
Thank you very much. That means a lot to me. It’s been very trying times for everyone. I wish you all the best.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welp. To add to the fact that I couldn’t have a funeral for my mom because of this, I just got furlough today. Good times.
I hope things get better for you. I understand just how you feel, I was let go from a job I had been at for 11 years cause I got hurt, lost my house and everything. From what I understand , you can get your job back at least when this mess is over. I know that doesn't help now, but try to hang in there.

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hope things get better for you. I understand just how you feel, I was let go from a job I had been at for 11 years cause I got hurt, lost my house and everything. From what I understand , you can get your job back at least when this mess is over. I know that doesn't help now, but try to hang in there.
Oh wow. I’m so sorry. That’s terrible. I hope your getting wasn’t anything too bad, and that your better now. Yes, I’m hopeful everything returns to normal soon, for everyone.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh wow. I’m so sorry. That’s terrible. I hope your getting wasn’t anything too bad, and that your better now. Yes, I’m hopeful everything returns to normal soon, for everyone.
Luckily it was 18 years ago,but it left me disabled so I've had to live off peanuts ,lol if they would just hurry and get me my stimulus check :)

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Send my pregnant wife to her 93 year old grandmother's. She has given up her shifts at the hospital unit and is working remotely doing telehealth consults.

I've been doing extra ER and ICU shifts. We were short handed before this. Now we are activating RTs that no longer work at the bedside and bringing them up to speed.

The bigger concern is our lack of protective gear. We as caregivers can't get our regular patients infected and we can't infect ourselves. Unfortunately there aren't many people that can run ventilators. Hopefully we can get more masks soon. Reusing them is dangerous.

Please hunker down y'all

We can get through this together
I work in a SC emergency room also. How are you doing now? It was chaos before the virus. My hospital was going to expand. Now it’s falling apart, patient volume is way down. We aren’t getting hours. There’s been job cuts. Not sure if I’ll have a job if this continues. Sad thing is many are suffering at home, afraid to come in. Healthcare in America is going to be much smaller and weaker as a result of this,

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I work in a SC emergency room also. How are you doing now? It was chaos before the virus. My hospital was going to expand. Now it’s falling apart, patient volume is way down. We aren’t getting hours. There’s been job cuts. Not sure if I’ll have a job if this continues. Sad thing is many are suffering at home, afraid to come in. Healthcare in America is going to be much smaller and weaker as a result of this,

We started slowly rolling out elective surgery a couple weeks ago. So far ENT, transplants, hearts. Census has been low and we've been able to close our covid unit, but the other ICU have picked up a great deal since state has opened back up. They're near capacity, and we have a lot on ventilators. People are acting out from stir crazy. I'm also concerned about a second and third spike hitting with people wilding out. We might be opening the covid unit back up...

We deployed a lot of critical care trained staff to areas in need to help with the dip in hours. We also expect to bring back those that independently took leave to hot spots. Floor nurses and prn staff got hit pretty hard.

In my department our PFT, sleep, and bronch lab folks with lapse in bedside experience have had larger cuts. We've been training them to fill gaps in floor care while regular therapists stick to critical care now that census is rising again

We're a level one trauma center so we'll pick back up regardless. The smaller rural hospitals were already hurting. There's a need, but the money for them will be hard to come by. I doubt things will be the same as we come out of this. I'm hoping there will be better preparedness for the future

It's been two months since I sent the wife away. She's 23 weeks now and showing. We hang out, masked, apart once a week or so. The dogs don't understand why they aren't home. I hate not being able to hold her

I just got a scary email about unprotected exposure to a false negative tested patient who I've been treating for a couple weeks now. Wish me luck

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, I’ve been working from home remotely since the end of February beginning of March. My boyfriend was gone for a month in February and when he came back, I’ve been working from home since. I don’t mind it. I get my job done and I still am able to do chores around the house to, when I don’t have ton of work to do. I work for the clerk’s office downtown Jax. Hopefully this may be a new thing for me, if that’s the case, I would save a lot of money driving back and forth from Middleburg to Jacksonville

My boyfriend is in the Navy and they actually had to tell their service members that they we’re not allowed to congregate in bars/restaurants, or anywhere that would potentially be risky since they were going out to sea soon. So all the places we generally go to have dinner, we weren’t allowed to anymore per the Admin order of the Navy.

But we did go fishing a lot and took the boat out. Least we were social distancing ourselves.

Jacksonville here.

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
My company considered themselves “essential” and remained open, so a handful of coworkers and myself took two months off at the height of the shutdown here in California. Upon our return, we were all punished in various ways. Transferred to different departments, put on different work schedules, job duties changed. I had been with the company for five years and held a supervisor position, training to be a manager... I had my job duties changed and my old department given to another supervisor, and I was given control of a long known problematic department. I was given the task, in writing, of cleaning up this problematic department, that has been in shambles for pretty much the entire 5 years Ive been with the company, by the end of the year. I was basically being set up to be fired.

so I applied for and got a different job. Put in my two weeks and left. I’m now working a new job from home. Slight pay cut, but saving a lot of money not commuting to work or buying lunch out, sleeping more, and having more time at home with the wife and pets.

I’ll miss my coworkers, and I honestly loved what I did. But this pandemic really showed the company’s true colors.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Other than cause massive inconvenience in my personal life, masks, take out only (for a while) long lines, silly rules.. not much has changed.

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
I've already been told to WFH til Dec 31st. Poor Civic doesn't get much run
Sponsored