How has COVID-19 affected your life so far..

vieux georges

First Name
georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017civic si coupe
Country flag
For the last 5 days, everything has been closed except
essential services, This will last at least until April 14 th.
Personaly, I only got out every 3 days to buy food , I am
very careful not to get infected because after 80 years,
the risks are greater.
I find it hard to stay at home, you get bored, you want
to move...
But I cannot complain. Some people are worse than I am:
they are sick at home or in hospital or in intensive care,
not far from death. I think about them.
And then, there are those who live with an inconvenient
partner and have to up with it all day long.
In addition to the deaths, Covid 19 will cause separation
and divorce. It's collateral damage.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
well I had 1 week where my hours where cut by 20% and the end of that week we wrapped up that project, the whole following week (last week) I had no work at all, finally got a call on Monday with some work for Tuesday, did that and have at least tomorrow to work on this project also, we'll see how long it takes to finish, after that who knows. frankly this whole thing is screwing with my brain, with my work schedule I don't get a lot of social interaction so going to eat dinner after work and getting to bullshit with the crew there is like the most in person social interaction I get so the restaurants being take out only is really fucking with my mental health, hell I woke up Monday and I was legit not sure which day of the week it was at a level like never before, like a mental fog, not just from being tired and needing to look at a clock. I try to get out every day or 2 simply because I need too but damn it feels like the 1980's with how early everything is shutting each day, on days I do get work I can't get food because Walmart is closed by the time I finish work so I have to make sure I am stocked well enough, we are 1 week into our 2 week shelter in place and I suspect it will get extended another 2 weeks.

I also put the building out of my home office on pause because I don't wanna spend money I don't absolutely have to until i'm back to a steady income.

Overall not near as bad as some people missing things like Graduations, Weddings or Funeral's (I have family/friends that are missing Graduations and friends weddings) but this crap is kinda my own personal hell when it comes to maintaining my mental and emotional health.

bzero13

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a race that I was training hard for the past four months cancelled. After seeing how others have been impacted, I feel awful that I let a cancelled race bother me as much as it did.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a race that I was training hard for the past four months cancelled. After seeing how others have been impacted, I feel awful that I let a cancelled race bother me as much as it did.
Don't be so hard on yourself, sometimes just cause other people have it worse,doesn't lessen the impact this stuff is having on us.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know if this is just coincidence or due to stuff happening with the situation, but all the sudden I'm getting notices that I haven't paid bills that I have. Rent, credit cards etc.
Getting very hard to get these people on the phone, and my leasing office has shut down. Ugh.

bzero13

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know if this is just coincidence or due to stuff happening with the situation, but all the sudden I'm getting notices that I haven't paid bills that I have. Rent, credit cards etc.
Getting very hard to get these people on the phone, and my leasing office has shut down. Ugh.
Are they legit or phishing attempts? The scammers are out in full force.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are they legit or phishing attempts? The scammers are out in full force.
Well, the credit card was saying that on their site when I logged in. They have fixed that within the last hour.
As for my rent, it wasn't showing the correct amount due last week, and they said they would fix it after finally getting them on the phone. They haven't yet though.

JDMDownload

4.FK7s.Sake
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I work in education, and as with every other entity on the planet, we do not know what to do. We scrambled to get laptops to kids in need, working with cell phone providers to get hotspots, and now that all of that dust has settled, I sit in my office waiting for teachers to have remote connection issues. Thankful and blessed but also very stressed :headbang::headbang::headbang:

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
pros: -i work in a grocery store...so 2$more /hour
-can provide for the family and bills
-more money to spend on car parts...build is coming very good so far

cons:-cant jam music anymore
-cant see my best friend
-cant play golf inside simulator and soon in real life too
-life is getting depressing and its only been 1 month now.........

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
My wife and I decided it would be best for me to take time off work to avoid possible exposure. A lot of people at my job have done the same. Well this has begun taking a toll on output at work, so HR has implemented a new policy of a maximum of 2 weeks of personal time then you have to report back to work, since they are an essential business :rolleyes:

not sure what to do at this point. I definitely won’t feel any safer at work after 2 weeks than I did when I decided to take the time off. Conditions in my city aren’t getting better. A lot of people aren’t even taking this seriously, which isn’t helping.

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
I’m so lucky. I work at Best Buy, as stated earlier in this post, my mom passed away a few weeks ago. They paid me a weeks bereavement, and so far they’ve payed me 100% of my pay for what will be a month after that to stay home. 5 weeks in a row full pay, and they may extend it another 2 weeks.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m so lucky. I work at Best Buy, as stated earlier in this post, my mom passed away a few weeks ago. They paid me a weeks bereavement, and so far they’ve payed me 100% of my pay for what will be a month after that to stay home. 5 weeks in a row full pay, and they may extend it another 2 weeks.
Sorry to hear about your mom. Glad best buy is taking care of you.